Six nations Rugby union

Kingstonian

One of the last sports still available on terrestrial tv. They play games on Fridays now, which I am not keen on - but even so, it is still better than paying to watch them.

Just watched France v Wales. How a game can drag on for so long after 80 minutes I don't know. Scrum after scrum and eventually the French edged it. Welsh hardly had enough players for a scrum at one point. Play for one hundred minutes? How does that happen?

Half time Ireland v England. I don't think England are good enough to extend the win number past New Zealand; but Ireland have played better in the first half. Stamina in the final quarter will be one key issue.

We actually get Six Nations coverage here in the States pretty well now.

Always love being in London when it's on, fun time in the pubs.

All Blacks 21 Lions 24

Sonny Bill Williams sent off, so New Zealand play much of the match with only 14 men. And their kicking was poor.

An unconvincing win - but all to play for in the decider. I expect New Zealand to win that.

Just watched Scotland beat France. It did not look likely when the French scored two quick tries in the first half.

Entertaining.

Ireland 37 Wales 27.

Cracking game on terrestrial TV.

Now Scotland England Calcutta Cup game. England the better team on paper but Scotland at home could upset the form book.
Have only lost to New Zealand at home in recent matches.

Ireland looking good in the first half at Twickenham

England 5 Ireland 21 at the break.

Grand slam on.

Entertaining game in Paris. Wales overcome a terrible first half to beat a French side who made too many errors in the second half.

Ireland v England today.

England were 31 0 up against Scotland when I was in The Magpie having a pint after the Brentford game. Then Scotland started scoring tries before I set off for home. Ended up 38 38 the highest score for a draw.

Earlier in the day Wales easily beat Ireland for a grand slam.

New Zealand v Wales final in Rugby World Cup?

Both nations are a great source of tasty lamb.

England in final now after comprehensively outplaying New Zealand.

Northern hemisphere final?

I meant in major tournaments. They always do well during qualifying.

South Africa makes it through.

Last edited:

I wouldn’t know but he is apparently a superstar in New Zealand and Australia?

Oh wait I don’t understand the difference between league and union.

League has thirteen players and no scrums or line outs. Union has fifteen players. League started as a professional alternative for working class men who needed to be paid for their time. Union only recently allowed players to be paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom