Superhero, Comic Book & Sci-Fi Cinema & News

Despite the departure in story, it looks massively entertaining at this point. Good trailer, but yet to see if that pans out into a good flick.

Saw Thor 2 in regular D today. Give it a C+/B- Definitely too long and too dragging. Storyline was pretty meh.

Looks it, but still a bit too thin
I have no idea who she is, but that photo is a horrible judge for "Amazon warrior"

I have a BAD feeling we're going to end up with the woman the execs feels has the most "sex appeal" like we did when ScarJo was cast as Widow.

Since I have nowhere else to bitch about this, I'm going to whine about the rumor that Seth Rogen is involved with the Preacher adaptation. Nothing could be worse.

UGH UGH UGH

http://io9.com/michael-douglas-is-playing-hank-pym-in-ant-man-1500489222

Michael Douglas has officially signed on Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. And now Marvel is revealing that he's playing Hank Pym, which means Paul Rudd (the lead and younger Ant-Man of this story) is the other comic book iteration of this hero Scott Lang. But wait, there's a twist. Spoilers ahead.

Variety is reporting that Douglas is 100% in to star as the retired scientists Hank Pym who invented the serum that turned himself into a superhero (with the abilities to change his size). After Pym retired he then bestowed the Ant-Man title to Lang. However it seems that there is more to this story than meets the eye. Movie critic Devin Faraci spied this change in the Variety title.

Original Variety headline was 'Michael Douglas to play villain in ANT-MAN.' Misunderstanding or spoiler?

— Devin Faraci (@devincf) January 13, 2014

Which makes even MORE sense when you really think about it. Why else would Douglas sign on, he was either going to be a very bit cameo part (which would most likely have been kept under wraps by Marvel as a surprise) or he's a very important character. Villain makes a whole lotta sense. Also who doesn't love a bitter, retired superhero that goes from good to bad?

Dear god this is horrific:

This flying hair dryer is supposed to be a Sentinel

19durxssrsuyzjpg.jpg

And this fucking abomination is supposed to be Quicksilver:

19dv267ufz6bmjpg.jpg

:facepalm: Major face palm on those covers.

So I haven't watched Justice League: War yet but did watch a clip with Batman and Green Lantern. Jesus fucking Christ, you weren't lying about Batman's voice. WTF? It's horrible! And unfortunately it's the same guy voicing him in Son of Batman. I don't know if I'll be able to sit through a movie listening to that voice. If Kevin Conroy won't do it, get the guy who voiced Batman in Under The Red Hood. He did a good job.
He's doing the voice in Son of Batman as well, so you better get used to it.

Zach Snyder should be beaten for this

http://io9.com/meet-your-new-lex-luthor-jesse-eisenberg-1513295514

Jesse Eisenberg is going to bring all the creepy affectless hostility he cultivated in the Social Network to the role of Lex Luthor in Batman Vs. Superman, the sequel to last summer's Man of Steel. And you'll never guess who's the new Alfred.

Jeremy Irons, star of Dead Ringers and The Lion King, will be the Alfred to Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne. It sort of makes sense that with a younger Superman and an older Batman, you'd have a younger Lex Luthor and an older Alfred.

In the press release, director Zack Snyder is quoted as saying:

Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman's rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940. What's great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He's a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.

As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne's most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure. He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman. It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne.

We're on the fence about this casting — but I could see Eisenberg being pretty good at bringing Lex Luthor's hatred of Superman to life.

This can't possibly be true, can it? I mean no group of humans could be stupid enough to pull this off:

Fantastic Four
Most media outlets have been assuming that Michael B. Jordan's a done deal to play Johnny Storm in the reboot. On the other hand, the actor himself seems to be indicating that it's not set in stone yet:

I can't even — you know how it is in the industry! I can't talk [about it] — it's still up in the air. I just can't. It's one of things where, certain people start talking too soon and then what if it doesn't happen for whatever reason? Then I'm the guy who was out there talking about something that coulda, shoulda, woulda, but didn't.

As to the controversy about casting an African-American, Jordan told Access Hollywood:

It's not just about that role — I think times are changing. It's 2014. Comic books in general were established when we didn't have civil rights, for the most part. So there weren't a lot of comic book characters who were geared towards us, period. We weren't the market that comic books were made for in the beginning. But as times change and things move on, I think us as a people need to evolve as well in our thinking and not be so narrow-minded. So, if not me, if not this project, [if it's] someone else in another character, I wouldn't be mad at that at all.

Be careful, you're treading obviously racist waters there.

Also, link to JL8 source? That's pretty good.

Be careful, you're treading obviously racist waters there.

Also, link to JL8 source? That's pretty good.
Fuck you. How is that racist in any way? First off, Johnny and Sue are supposed to be twins. So if Johnny is black that means that Sue should be black as well. Secondly, no black parents? Thirdly, if they're going with some kind of bullshit adopted angle, then why even bother calling it Fantastic Four? Because that crap is not even close to the comic.

All right, so I've never read this series (might have to check it out now), so I really knew nothing of GOTG, and I didn't know what to expect of the trailer. I must say after viewing it, it definitely has my attention.
This is a bit of a double edged sword. On the one hand, the series reboot from Dan Abnett and Andy Lessing was fantastic, so its definitely worth a read. On the other, it'll get you pissed off about the things they're doing with the movie, specifically how they're turning it into a comedy of sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom