The 2014 World Cup

You had me up until Ontario.

Well certainly not on most American's radar but the Liberals won a majority government after their budget was defeated in the legislature, bringing down the government . The Premier is the first-ever elected female Premier and the first openly gay one. The budget will now pass, the leader of the opposition resigned after his party's abject failure. Huge from that perspective.

Well certainly not on most American's radar but the Liberals won a majority government after their budget was defeated in the legislature, bringing down the government . The Premier is the first-ever elected female Premier and the first openly gay one. The budget will now pass, the leader of the opposition resigned after his party's abject failure. Huge from that perspective.
May your new government be marginally less corrupt than the previous one!

Not my government. I'm two provinces west. Makes no never mind to me other than Ontario thinks it is the centre of the universe. To them there is Ontario & ROC (rest of Canada). We have potash, uranium and oil. They can go fuck themselves.

Their people are coming like a band of Okies in the 30's looking for a meal and a job.

Stunning to say the least. As stunning as the Cantor defeat and the Ontario provincial election on Thursday.

Yep - we caught the last 15 minutes - that last goal - and it was shocking that Spain could have been so vigorously drummed like that.

I haven't gotten around to watching anything yet. But I still get a kick out randomly yelling out GGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL loud and long.

USA!
USA!!
USA!!!

699ece680954381861f220bc4f4cfb95.gif

Oh I didn't know there was a World Cup thread here.

Somewhere late at night I may have come across some statistic of how many games Europe has won and how many the Americas has. Playing in the stifling heat in day time does not seem to lend to the Europeans especially in the games up north. Then again, they said the same thing about South Africa - except they forgot it was winter there.

Apparently, Ronaldo will risk permanent knee injury if he takes to the pitch again.

Yeah apparently it's only winter in cities like Sao Paulo. Once the knockout rounds start, all the remaining fixtures are in areas where it's tropical all year round, which doesn't favour any European squad. The fixtures being played in the afternoon to accommodate European viewing audiences isn't helping either. Normally all the local games are played at night. At least that's the official reason why Europe is doing poorly.

I caught the tail end of the Germany Ghana game. Every competition I criticize Germany for dragging Miroslav Klose out of his wheelchair into the squad, but every competition the man scores a goal. You can't teach clinical finishing and a poacher's instinct.

Germany Ghana was a great match. Mueller got absolutely wrecked on the last play. Shame if he misses time.

Today's Messi goal might be the best of the tournament so far.

Germany Ghana was a great match. Mueller got absolutely wrecked on the last play. Shame if he misses time.

unfortunately, I couldnt watch. despite he is a kraut, he is among the most unpopular players I know of...

Here's the quotation ""There are two seasons in Manaus — summer and hell" - just imagine what Qatar will be like.

People don't like Mueller? I didn't know that. He's young and quite prolific.

Here's the quotation ""There are two seasons in Manaus — summer and hell" - just imagine what Qatar will be like.

meanwhile even sepp himself agrees that it was a mistake. nevertheless, there's a lot of illegal earnings in the cards. no way back, probably.

People don't like Mueller?

yep. most people don't like FCB and Schland also.

Last edited:
Ronaldo - that was a brilliant cross. I was rather glad Jones scored. When I tuned into the game at 45' it was lifeless. The equaliser really opened the game up until they ran to exhaustion at 93'. Group of death is the most interesting so far.

Because Italy and Uruguay deserve to go in? I rather think Germany, Ghana, Portugal and USA all have rights to advance. And England self imploded or else it would have continued to fascinate me.

Secretly I have a wish for USA to be out so Michael Bradley can return to playing for his club.

I rather think Germany, Ghana, Portugal and USA all have rights to advance.

schland is the arch enemy. I don't mind the others. portugal never fails to disappoint, though.

Secretly I have a wish for USA to be out so Michael Bradley can return to playing for his club.

no probs. bradley totally fucked it up tonite. what a loser.

England looked dreadful all game. What a load of bollocks. 1 goal the entire tournament. 4 goals allowed. 1 point against an island nation of 3M people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom