Drug abuse, self…

Pessimist, terrorist targeting the next mark
Global chaos feeding on hysteria
Cut throat, slit your wrist, shoot you in the back fair game
Drug abuse, self abuse searching for the next high
Sounds a lot like hell is spreading all the time
I'm waiting for the day the whole world fuckin' dies

Let's get a bit more positive man:

It's a great look by the way, jacket with a silk scarf tied Ascot style. It's a simple knot, but a bugger to get right.

You walk into anywhere with that and you will be noticed as someone out of the mainstream.

Weather wise I can do that until the end of May here. Mostly.

Lumpen

Let's get a bit more positive man:

It's a great look by the way, jacket with a silk scarf tied Ascot style. It's a simple knot, but a bugger to get right.

You walk into anywhere with that and you will be noticed as someone out of the mainstream.

Weather wise I can do that until the end of May here. Mostly.

To who random walker did the singer stole the suit?:ohgodwhy:

Pimpernel Smith

Do you mean that random size was done badspoke for him?
I think he might have been working up to the bespoke, he also had his own clothes label for awhile: Real Stars Are Us. Didn't go anywhere.

Here's a Weller with a pair of spectators that don't actually the suit the look:
5760.jpg

He's not a Big Daddy on the shoe front.

Journeyman

Supporter
I know that this person isn't unique, and that the practice of buying and selling multiple pairs of virtually unworn shoes happens all over the internet.

However, this Styleforum poster seems to have an unfortunate - and inexplicable - habit of trying to sell a pair of shoes or boots, then buying another pair that are virtually identical, then trying to sell those, too.

Crockett & Jones Cardigan IV brogue wingtips in brown shell cordovan, UK9 - listed Jan 2019:

https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/crockett-and-jones-cardigan-iv-9uk-525.14569/

Crockett & Jones Pembroke brogue wingtips in brown shell cordovan, UK9 - listed Jan 2021:

The Cardigan's brogueing is slightly heavier and the pattern on the toe is a little different, but they're essentially the same shoe, in the same material, in the same size.

Crockett & Jones Galway boots in whiskey shell, UK9 - this is from an SF MTO - listed Jan 2021:

Crockett & Jones Galway boots in brown shell, UK9 - this is also from an SF MTO that were just delivered in the past couple of weeks - listed March 2021:

So he received one pair of MTO Galway boots, didn't wear them and listed them for sale, then ordered and received another pair of MTO Galway boots and listed them for sale basically as soon as he received them.

florisgreen

I know that this person isn't unique, and that the practice of buying and selling multiple pairs of virtually unworn shoes happens all over the internet.

However, this Styleforum poster seems to have an unfortunate - and inexplicable - habit of trying to sell a pair of shoes or boots, then buying another pair that are virtually identical, then trying to sell those, too.

Crockett & Jones Cardigan IV brogue wingtips in brown shell cordovan, UK9 - listed Jan 2019:

https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/crockett-and-jones-cardigan-iv-9uk-525.14569/

Crockett & Jones Pembroke brogue wingtips in brown shell cordovan, UK9 - listed Jan 2021:

The Cardigan's brogueing is slightly heavier and the pattern on the toe is a little different, but they're essentially the same shoe, in the same material, in the same size.

Crockett & Jones Galway boots in whiskey shell, UK9 - this is from an SF MTO - listed Jan 2021:

Crockett & Jones Galway boots in brown shell, UK9 - this is also from an SF MTO that were just delivered in the past couple of weeks - listed March 2021:

So he received one pair of MTO Galway boots, didn't wear them and listed them for sale, then ordered and received another pair of MTO Galway boots and listed them for sale basically as soon as he received them.
:thinking:A really odd and awkward behaviour...

florisgreen

I came across this video about German shoemaker Himer & Himer:

spoken in German, but you can have English undertitles.

In my opinion it's rather interesting for two reasons: you can see that there are German shoemakers of some reputation and that young people, even more young women, can choose to prosecute their parents' work and get into this fascinating job.
As I see this company clearly follows the Austro-Hungarian school, though with a personal touch, so the lasts are rather broad and massive, not particularly elegant, but it's obviously a question of taste.
I noticed that, even though they are quite traditional, a plastic cap is used (heel counters are in leather instead): is this the standard in modern shoemaking? Any experiences and thoughts?

Last edited:

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
I noticed that, even though they are quite traditional, a plastic cap is used (heel counters are in leather instead): is this the standard in moder shoemaking? Any experiences and thoughts?

It would make sense to use a synthetic toe puff and a leather heel counter. A leather counter would be needed for comfort and molding to foot, so that is used. The synthetic puff holds a set shape and is tough, so that is used (saves on costs, materials and handwork without much of a compromise). Some say that synthetic toe puffs rot and corrode, but have you ever seen broken puffs? Modern day puffs are as tough as old boots.

florisgreen

It would make sense to use a synthetic toe puff and a leather heel counter. A leather counter would be needed for comfort and molding to foot, so that is used. The synthetic puff holds a set shape and is tough, so that is used (saves on costs, materials and handwork without much of a compromise). Some say that synthetic toe puffs rot and corrode, but have you ever seen broken puffs? Modern day puffs are as tough as old boots.
You're certainly right: from a practical point of view it makes sense to use synthetic materials (btw they also use a plastic feather), because they are cheap and sturdy, nonetheless I'd still prefer to have solely natural materials, especially in high-end products. It's like to add some nylon to wool: if it's acceptable, maybe preferable in a pair of socks, it has no justification (other than cutting costs) in a jumper or a coat.

Great White Snark

:thinking:A really odd and awkward behaviour...
Is this the return of Noodles only in shoe form rather than suits?
He had a habit - born of his severe neurosis - of buying a load of suits, proudly posting pics then going into a complete breakdown at the slightest hint of criticism, selling all his purchases then buying a load more stuff, rinse and repeat! I think he came over here for a while but got banned because - surprise surprise - he couldn’t handle the critique!

Enrile

I have heard that some mastes prefer plastic. I personally do not find any advantage in this. It is only much easier, faster and cheaper ..... it is absurd in a "well made" artisan shoe to take this or other types of shortcuts.

Last edited:

Enrile

I'm not trying to be too harsh, but saving 40 minutes, which is how long it takes me to prepare some leather tips and a cost of € 3.50 for material. It seems to me very little savings to turn my back in the traditional way. While it is true that to mold a plastic tip you need a 10-minute apprenticeship and for a well-made leather one, it will take a lot of practice ... perhaps that is the main advantage

florisgreen

I found these ones. Probably many members already know them, but I want to post because I think they are instructive and fascinating:

Even somehow surreal with children and cats making appearances.

Again some incongruity like that layer of synthetic material added to the lining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom