The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

1693018185516-jpeg.2013965

Ninjas wear split toe boots. But so do outdoors enthusiasts and trades/construction workers. Traditional Japanese footwear.
s-l1600.jpg

There has been uptake of the jika-tabi into style/fashion

Function_And_Style_With_Jikatabi_A_Japanese_Traditional_Footwear_FBShare.png

So it is not a stretch that a high-end menswear brand that often channels Japanese styling cues made office ninja shoes. It made sense in someone's brain.

I think I posted the original video of this Lobb repair. They posted a new video today as the shoes are back for recrafting after 4 years. Fugly finishing.

I think I posted the original video of this Lobb repair. They posted a new video today as the shoes are back for recrafting after 4 years. Fugly finishing.

and here is the original video. This bloke even had tape on the soles of his shoos because the sole wore through. I don't understand why he didn't look after them better.,

Whoever gets these might be getting a great deal. Silvano Lattanzi reverse crocodile shoes with norvegese construction. These would be worth at least $20,000 euro. Crazy how the croc is reversed so they look suede on the outside and croc on the inside without any lining. Only Lattanzi would think of such an out-of-the box idea.

Lattanzi - red reverse crocadile shoes 4.png

I wear the suede pair all the time, but the black calf are equally comfortable.

F820199D-805E-4D24-97CD-71AC473FF880.jpeg
698D4057-BB46-43F5-8486-463120EDB340.jpeg

I notice the trend in over-stylized shoos. Numerous makers are jumping on the bandwagon including this maker. Gotta have high heels of course. :rolleyes:

I notice the trend in over-stylized shoos. Numerous makers are jumping on the bandwagon including this maker. Gotta have high heels of course. :rolleyes:
i mean its certainly not as horrible as some of the other abominations we've seen on here, but i just don't know why you'd ruin a perfectly sleek pair of boots with all that stupid excess stitching.

shooey do they have a name for the excess stitching like this? i know you'd normally see it on a storm/norvo welt but when its just for aesthetic purposes like this does it still carry that title?

Return of higher heels is well overdue. Smart dressing isn't achieved by low flat heels.
Heels = arch support and comfort. Chucks and boat shoes are not meant for walking, anymore than loafers.

Here you go, the R.M.Williams repair shop for boots. Brand new video featuring real fairdinkum aussies.

Here is the man who made all the lasts for R.M.Williams since 1967. Before he retired they ordered thousands of spare ones from him because they wanted all the boots, shoes and lasts made in Australia. The blake stitched shoes were all made by Robins in Sydney.
Shoe lasts Australia - Bruce Millar.jpg

Last edited:
Been worried about Edward Green for over a year. Looks like my instinct is right, only 350,000 GBP profit last year. C&J is flying high, Lobb would be too. Barkers is in trouble too. Really sad about Trickers, but their shoes aren't great like they used to be 20 years ago, the best models are long discontinued. Too many ugly Trickers now.

C&J have been very successful with their shift towards more casual styles (boots, loafers) at prices that many people still can afford as a "nice shoe", while some other's casual offerings are a bit gimmicky (Trickers have an enormous toe spring on many shoes, Grenson with their ridiculous welts).

EG, I think, have missed the shift towards more casual shoes a bit, and they are at a price point where the diminishing returns really hit hard - sure, there is a significant difference between C&J benchgrade and EG, but is that difference worth a few hundred £/$/€?
Probably only for a small amount of people, and some of these are probably in a position where they'll say: If I'm going to fork over that much for a pair of shoes, I might as well go bespoke.

Been worried about Edward Green for over a year. Looks like my instinct is right, only 350,000 GBP profit last year. C&J is flying high, Lobb would be too. Barkers is in trouble too. Really sad about Trickers, but their shoes aren't great like they used to be 20 years ago, the best models are long discontinued. Too many ugly Trickers now.
Another issue with Trickers is that their shoes seem to be around £100 overpriced if you look at their shoes and compare their specs with those of other mid-end makers.

Something for the wishlist ….

Nobody wears shoos to the level that ole Crusty does. He also laughs at himself and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Crusty is the King!

How's this for a terrible shoe. The seller describes it as 'jazzy'. I think it's so bad I won't soil the seller's reputation by naming them
20231221_191734.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom