The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

IMG_2663.jpeg

Having much fun with Wesco’s virtual boot builder. If I were getting a Coronabonus from the feds I’d think about buying some engineer boots.

F3E8F56A-C8E0-4C3C-BE9C-B6EAB4BCC68F.jpeg
BA1C446D-5B08-498B-A25E-DC52EE066358.jpeg

Last edited:
You should see how these natural flippers propel me through water!!

Yeh, I saw the White’s version. On the plus side, I know the last pretty well so sizing would be easy (9.5F). But I kinda like the additional customization on the Wesco (no celastic toe, brass buckles, knife pocket, thread colour choices, etc).

2E077BD8-97DA-4C89-AECA-62AC20126CC2.jpeg

Last edited:
the best shoe design of them all from Vass, the alt wien with goiser construction on the excellent 3636 last. It doesn't get better than that. Bravo! Perfection in darker brown shades. I am so tempted to get extra pairs of those in all the colours, but then again, when does one stop.

How is the fit?
So far fit is really good. Nice to try a last with fuller contours. Looking forward to start using these, in full day wear.

Agree, the alt wien on 3636 does have that extra special look to it. Oosing quality and stability, not flashy.
The other lasts I have, is P and P2 in various models. So there is something to get used to here - in a good way.
The leather is oxblood, though pretty hard to tell. Something in scothgrain is already on my list!

What a coincidence, I ordered one as well! It'll be made by Attila but the make up is very similar to that.

Nice. Yes, my Roma genes have had me craving something AH lately. The guy in Toronto who sells Vass had no Norwegers in his shop and I wasn't interested in ordering from Vass and waiting. So just floated around the net until I found these for 40% off. Saved $400 compared to Vass. I'm not crying about machine vs hand-sewn. No brainer.

Nice. Yes, my Roma genes have had me craving something AH lately. The guy in Toronto who sells Vass had no Norwegers in his shop and I wasn't interested in ordering from Vass and waiting. So just floated around the net until I found these for 40% off. Saved $400 compared to Vass. I'm not crying about machine vs hand-sewn. No brainer.

I was disappointed when l saw your shoo choice @Truth because l know you are a man who likes great quality. Would have been worth waiting for a Vass pair. Such a pity you compromised.

I've not seen a coupon or a sale on MTO.

If you have $1950 laying around you can get Clinch horse ass leather. Hand welted.

View attachment 33468

Best not to addict Dropbear with the finer shoo things. When a man experiences the top notch things it can become addicting. Looks like fantastic leather!

I am glad Dropbear sticks to his level of shoo things. I don't think he should venture any higher ever. Best to stay safe and live in the world which everyday people can relate to. Please promise me you will never climb too high on the shoo ladder....some men can handle it while most men aren't ready for such things.

Truth one-the-other-hand needs to experience a world without limits. His reality is very different from most men.

Truth = the big daddy.
Dropbear = the humble student who lives among mere mortals.

Truth and I have climbed to high levels of the shoo ladder, but we are the few who are meant to have done these types of things. Most men are not ready to climb too high. Most on Style Forum have climbed too high, but they have never been ready for it. Shoe boys are not supposed to be in a shoomen's world.

Last edited:
Truth and I have climbed to high levels of the shoo ladder, but we are the few who are meant to have done these types of things.
I was disappointed when l saw your shoo choice @Truth because l know you are a man who likes great quality. Would have been worth waiting for a Vass pair. Such a pity you compromised.
guess he fell off the ladder

Best not to addict Dropbear with the finer shoo things. When a man experiences the top notch things it can become addicting. Looks like fantastic leather!

I am glad Dropbear sticks to his level of shoo things. I don't think he should venture any higher ever. Best to stay safe and live in the world which everyday people can relate to. Please promise me you will never climb too high on the shoo ladder....some men can handle it while most men aren't ready for such things.

Truth one-the-other-hand needs to experience a world without limits. His reality is very different from most men.

Truth = the big daddy.

Truth and I have climbed to high levels of the shoo ladder, but we are the few who are meant to have done these types of things. Most men are not ready to climb too high. Most on Style Forum have climbed too high, but they have never been ready for it. Shoe boys are not supposed to be in a shoomen's world.

You are batshit at the best of times but I really dig you, The Shooman The Shooman . Never change.

Well this humble student who lives among the mere mortals has another question for Big Daddy Thruth Thruth :

Double midsole: Ace Freeley stage prop or something kinda cool on a Boss boot? For reference, already looking at the 700 sole and one heel lift.

Truth = the big daddy.

The Shooman The Shooman , I have multiple pairs of Vass. Don't have any Ludwig Reiter. LW is not garbage by any means. It is good to explore other quality makers. LW is like JM Weston in that few have experience with the brand outside of certain areas.

To be honest, after the last time I ordered from Vass I was disappointed. Not in the quality but they screwed up very clear order details plus the variability in their fit on the same last between two pairs of boots was also disappointing. Horses for courses. YMMV.

Well this humble student who lives among the mere mortals has another question for Big Daddy Thruth Thruth :

Double midsole: Ace Freeley stage prop or something kinda cool on a Boss boot? For reference, already looking at the 700 sole and one heel lift.

I prefer the lines of boots without the double midsole.

When I first started out, I wanted to try Ludwig Reiter. Had my eyes set on a black plain toe derby, from a catalogue I had ordered.
Was in Munich on a trip, and went into the store. Heart pounding, ready to shop. The store lady looked at this 20 year old kid, sniffed, and did not even ask what I wanted. Never got my LR's.

40% off is pretty big, although I wouldn't have thought that's a $400 difference from Vass. I like this style of split toe so much more than the Dover or that Kaan thing that Ascot asks Vass to do.

40% off is pretty big, although I wouldn't have thought that's a $400 difference from Vass. I like this style of split toe so much more than the Dover or that Kaan thing that Ascot asks Vass to do.

It is the classic AH Norweger style. The Dover is only the iGent standard for a split toe.

When converted to Canadian $$ LR retail from Euroland is about the same price as the RTW Vass from the guy in Toronto but he does not stock a Norweger. That is like a $285 USD difference.

I have multiple pairs of Vass. Don't have any Ludwig Reiter. LW is not garbage by any means. It is good to explore other quality makers.

I am the same. I like to explore the quality of many brands. Glad l did too, it is like an adventure in shoos. The only way to know what it is like to wear Trickers and Johnny Lobb over 20 years is to do it, and that is exactly what l am doing.

Thruth said:
To be honest, after the last time I ordered from Vass I was disappointed. Not in the quality but they screwed up very clear order details plus the variability in their fit on the same last between two pairs of boots was also disappointing. Horses for courses. YMMV.

That is what put me off too. My F last special order fit bigger than my previous pairs. Haven't ordered since, and it's been years now. Vass are such fantastic shoes, so it is such a pity.

I am the same. I like to explore the quality of many brands. Glad l did too, it is like an adventure in shoos. The only way to know what it is like to wear Trickers and Johnny Lobb over 20 years is to do it, and that is exactly what l am doing.

That is what put me off too. My F last special order fit bigger than my previous pairs. Haven't ordered since, and it's been years now. Vass are such fantastic shoes, so it is such a pity.

Exactly my experience and with the F last too.

Ludwig Reiter might not be the big daddy but they make very good shoes.

I bought my lady a fur-lined Chelsea boots a few years back from LR, which she still uses, and she is very appreciative of the shoes - particularly in the winter when visiting really cold places.

I also bought some Husaren boots for myself - which I gave away shortly after as I have no need for 'tall boots' and it is never quite comfortable.

The guy in Toronto who sells Vass had no Norwegers in his shop and I wasn't interested in ordering from Vass and waiting. So just floated around the net until I found these for 40% off. Saved $400 compared to Vass. I'm not crying about machine vs hand-sewn. No brainer.

Speaking of Vass, it seems that they have re-launched their online store and are also having a sale, with between 20-35% off the stock.
These Norwegers, for example, are 286 Euros plus shipping: https://vass-shoes.com/shop/norweger-p-6/
1362-1.jpg

“Truth and I have climbed to high levels of the shoo ladder, but we are the few who are meant to have done these types of things. Most men are not ready to climb too high. Most on Style Forum have climbed too high, but they have never been ready for it. Shoe boys are not supposed to be in a shoomen's world.”

Play your cards right and the pair of you could soon be enjoying malt whisky and takeaway pizza with Kirby Allison.

Good post. Puts that Ascot bloke’s Vass prices into perspective.

Yes. I actually made a comment about that before l deleted it. It seems like Ascot has influence over Vass. Vass have now deleted certain specialty items from their listings and won't mention prices even if asked. Ascot is now making excessive markups on those specialty items. For eg, now alligator shoes are $12,000 ASD, but Vass prices were well below that. Such a pity he come into the shoe market, l much preferred it when Vass was difficult to get.

“Truth and I have climbed to high levels of the shoo ladder, but we are the few who are meant to have done these types of things. Most men are not ready to climb too high. Most on Style Forum have climbed too high, but they have never been ready for it. Shoe boys are not supposed to be in a shoomen's world.”

Play your cards right and the pair of you could soon be enjoying malt whisky and takeaway pizza with Kirby Allison.
I am actually polishing multiple pairs of shoes and watching this video as we speak. It's good too. Gazman from S.F is on. He is a real BIG daddy shoomen, one of the best.

Truth and me on the show, that would be a funny old mix. I'd give my own unique perspective on things for sure. Truth could be the BIG daddy and show his John Lobb. I wouldn't use skype however, the CCP have broken into that and are known to steal details. A number of different computer applications have been broken into by that hostile regime. I only audio talk online using specially designed private computer applications most of the public have no access to.

I could talk about cashmere jumpers too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom