The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Joonior shooman, `W.I shoo guy' continues trying to climb the ladder, but he still suffers from the same ailments all the other forum gents suffer from, they are juniors trying to be big shoomen. Very rarely can juniors rise to high levels.

He talks about using Saphir renovateur etc, and those types of guys consume it by the truckload because they buy into the hype from igents, but true serious Big Daddies scoff at these things and avoid them. The ones into all the hype are juniors, and they ALL read the forums. I know a number of men who scoff at these juniors. These juniors try to be big men but they don't have what it takes to make it in the shoo world.

I could take him under my wing and teach him what's what, but he'd have to pay me big bucks in order for me to put up with him. He is probably a good guy, but he is a junior, and if l had to teach him i'd sit there with a big megaphone and put him through his paces. I'd be as tough as nails, and it would be like boot camp. I'd straighten him out, because they way he is going he is never going to progress far on the ladder.

These joonior shoo guys think they are progressing when they start reading the forums, but instead it puts weights around their neck and their progression is limited because they get heads filled with funny ideas.

IMG_20200811_235021_968.jpg

From the very first line that came out of his mouth, l knew he was weak and was trying to enter a world he didn't belong in. "Shoo, go back to where you belong, you are a junior son!" It's harsh, but sometimes it needs to be done, otherwise juniors might get too big for their boots. George did him a favour because he wouldn't have been able to handle being at that level. Some of us know who can handle it and who can't; that guy was way out of his depth.

Shooey, I'm sorry to disillusion you, but it doesn't require taste, class, upbringing or even knowledge to buy expensive shoes.

It just requires money.

Joonior shooman, `W.I shoo guy' continues trying to climb the ladder, but he still suffers from the same ailments all the other forum gents suffer from, they are juniors trying to be big shoomen. Very rarely can juniors rise to high levels.

He talks about using Saphir renovateur etc, and those types of guys consume it by the truckload because they buy into the hype from igents, but true serious Big Daddies scoff at these things and avoid them. The ones into all the hype are juniors, and they ALL read the forums. I know a number of men who scoff at these juniors. These juniors try to be big men but they don't have what it takes to make it in the shoo world.

I could take him under my wing and teach him what's what, but he'd have to pay me big bucks in order for me to put up with him. He is probably a good guy, but he is a junior, and if l had to teach him i'd sit there with a big megaphone and put him through his paces. I'd be as tough as nails, and it would be like boot camp. I'd straighten him out, because they way he is going he is never going to progress far on the ladder.

These joonior shoo guys think they are progressing when they start reading the forums, but instead it puts weights around their neck and their progression is limited because they get heads filled with funny ideas.

Well he is certainly tiresome. Who wants to see the salesman’s card and every bit of paper in the box?

Your remedy seems to be part regimental sergeant major and part 33rd degree Freemason.

Shooey, I'm sorry to disillusion you, but it doesn't require taste, class, upbringing or even knowledge to buy expensive shoes.

It just requires money.
I talk about the shoo world over and over again, and you come up with this. Journeyman, sometimes you can be so harsh.

Are those gunk toed AEs in the intro? Looks like awful fit too. I just saw his video comparing GG and TLB...the stuff he focuses on is pretty silly. No comments on the actual construction but mostly just aesthetics and trimmings...

Why are these people obsessed with narrow waists?? I'm amazed he actually thinks a narrower waist on the outsole = better arch support...
And then he unironically thinks it is harder to execute a shoe that has a wider welt compared to a narrower welt.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "The Shooman, publicación: 248897, miembro: 616"]
[USER = 1027] Enrile [/ USER] Zapatos muy interesantes, colores geniales en la suela y la parte superior. ¡Me gustan! Me encantan estas cinturas de violín también.
[/CITAR]
Thanks very much

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_153900.jpg
    IMG_20200910_153900.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 80
I haven't bought any shoes or boots for ages but a few months ago, I ordered a pair of shell cordovan boots from Meermin as part of a "custom boot" week that Meermin was running.

I received the boots a few weeks ago and, while the boots fit my feet very well, the shafts of the boots were very, very stiff. As a result, the boots were difficult to put on, nearly impossible to lace up and very painful to wear. They were so uncomfortable that I was concerned that they would actually be unwearable.

To try to resolve the problem, I gently massaged the shafts of both boots, including flexing the shafts back and forth for about five minutes per boot.

It made an enormous difference. After bending and flexing the shell cordovan shafts, they became much softer and more flexible. I walked 4km while wearing the boots yesterday, without any discomfort at all.

So, I can highly recommend massaging your (boot) shafts if you are feeling any stiffness and discomfort! 😏

Most people on clothing forums seem to be very good at massaging their shaft if it’s stiff.

I haven't bought any shoes or boots for ages but a few months ago, I ordered a pair of shell cordovan boots from Meermin as part of a "custom boot" week that Meermin was running.

I received the boots a few weeks ago and, while the boots fit my feet very well, the shafts of the boots were very, very stiff. As a result, the boots were difficult to put on, nearly impossible to lace up and very painful to wear. They were so uncomfortable that I was concerned that they would actually be unwearable.

To try to resolve the problem, I gently massaged the shafts of both boots, including flexing the shafts back and forth for about five minutes per boot.

It made an enormous difference. After bending and flexing the shell cordovan shafts, they became much softer and more flexible. I walked 4km while wearing the boots yesterday, without any discomfort at all.

So, I can highly recommend massaging your (boot) shafts if you are feeling any stiffness and discomfort! 😏

Yep, massaging your shoes in the areas that rub can make all the difference, one of the best things you can do. Sometimes areas of the shoes need softening up.

btw, some odd people around. A bloke gets a fiddleback waist put on some AE gunboats. :lolguy:

Done a very pronounced fiddleback.
Fiddleback waist AE gunboat.jpg

Last edited:
Five months later, I just received my Wesco order. Brown domain sourced by Bakers, double sole and 1/2” heel lift. I inboxed and took them straight out for a thirty minute walk. No break-in required - comfortable right out of the box!
3B41B242-B11C-43FC-862D-860B8A997877.jpeg
093225F6-1053-4317-B9D0-2B86A69D81CB.jpeg
EBF1C22A-80B1-4540-9523-D025CAE49AC7.jpeg
13BC9596-639D-4791-BEC6-F53407824551.jpeg

Wi Shoeguy is trying real hard to become a `Big Daddy', but he still shows ample traits of having the mindset of a junioor shooman, ie, he measures the U throats of his Adelaides,

and he talks about inane stuff junioor shoomen talk about such as shoo circles.

and he talks about fiddleback waists when they aren't fiddleback waists. He is stuck at a certain level and isn't able to elevate above it. He needs a Big Daddy to take him under his wing, but who is prepared to do it?...he has a lot of junioor stuff that needs to be cleaned out of his head, so it would require lots of patience from a Big Daddy prepared to take on the job.

I could be that mentor if he wanted, but he'd have to pay me big bucks in order to put up with him and sort out the mess. He is trying so hard to climb the ladder, but he shows ample traits of typical forum guys at the lower level. His mind needs to elevate. If l looked after him l would put him through boot camp, and that would probably mean raising my voice a lot.

He has potential....has been buying goodyear welted since about 1997.

Last edited:
Good Wesco review. I like the short Morrison boots. Maybe next year I’ll do something similar (though the Boss last is better for my fat feet).

I've been a promoter of Chinese shoes long before most people ever dreamed it possible for highend shoes to come out of China, and l said they will make Gaziano & Girling style shoos back when most people would have considered that an impossible idea. Insiders used to tell me the secrets and what was going on behind closed doors, and l knew it was only a matter of time before the Chinese started making beautiful stuff.

The Chinese have been mastering the skills of shoemaking off some of the world's top makers in England for years and quietly honing their skills. They paid the big bucks to hire the best skills and buy the best factories with the best equipment, and they mastered the art of making some of the best rtw lasts you'll ever see. They did everything the made-in-India shoe factories never did, and they had great work ethic.

After all this work it has come to this. Wayman bespoke.
https://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2020/07/wayman-bespoke-the-new-semi-bespoke-service.html

and this is not even the best of made-in-China.

^The 1940s equivalent of velcro shoes - easy to take on and off, particularly when you're as portly as Winnie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom