The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Would these be better than Red Wings?
more "handmade" goes into them versus Red Wings. Probably worth taking a flyer on them given that their price is at least $125 USD less than RW's. The big issue will be remote fitting. The do usually have a decent idea of their size vs Red Wing, Viberg and other popular brands.

So if you would spring for RWs, give these a try. They will be better than most work boots you can get for $200ish USD.

The Shooman The Shooman

Made in Australia Imperials

1612763841614.png
1612763863674.png
1612763889955.png

The Shooman The Shooman you been following this on badspoke shoes. Poor bloke.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-bespoke-shoes-thread.445708/page-265

I bet you George Jr measured him in order to save money on flying the last maker out. The boss mucks lots of things up, and he hopes the naive customers won't cotton on, which they rarely do because they are junioor shoomen who don't know shoos from their elbow. It's easy to hoodwink suckers...they all seem to fall for it. George tried to hoodwink me too, but it didn't work, and after l let him know some things he never dared do it again. Actually, after sorting George out he looked after me with royal treatment.

LOts of suckers are conned into having salesmen measure them up instead of the last makers. George can smell a sucker a mile away. They try to con them into thinking a salesman measuring you is bespoke when it ISN'T!!! Sucks those style forum members in all the time.

Last edited:
As George once said in his drunken rant "you aren't ready yet". Such true words. These suckers get done over because none of them are ready to climb the ladder to the top. They try climbing, but they fall flat of their faces.

I think many of these bespoke types are big noting themselves. They aren't real shoomen....they get carried away with forum trends. I used to eat guys like that for lunch.

The Shooman The Shooman figured you'd be all over these:

The Shooman The Shooman figured you'd be all over these:

Yohie Fukuda bespoke
I am trying not to think about them because l don't want to risk sleepless nights. I could fly to Japan and meet him (been very tempted), but l am not a fan of travelling and mucking about. Of course there is Berluti bespoke starting at 10K here...very tempting, but when you reach perfection you'll never be satisfied with anything else. Same as with buying Lattanzi norvegese bespoke.

Yohei Fukuda - navy 1.jpeg Yohei Fukuda - navy 2.jpeg Yohei Fukuda seemless wholecut 1.jpg Yohei Fukuda seemless wholecut 2.jpg Yohei Fukuda seemless wholecut 3.jpg

Attachments

• Yohei Fukuda - navy 1.jpeg
    Yohei Fukuda - navy 1.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 97
The shoe factories of Northampton. I was looking to see what was in Kettering, after reading about Burnley FC manager Sean Dyche who favours Northampton-made leather shoes :-

There is quite a good walking tour at the end. I have been into Church’s, Trickers, Crockett&Jones and Lobb. There is also an excellent shoe museum in the town.
Thanks for the link.

Imagine the world without Northampton `shoo factories'....would be a much poorer world without them. They make beautiful stylish factory shoes. No-one makes factory shoes like they do.

Alfred Sargent goes into liquidation. Apparently a large proportion of their work was supplying French owners Bowen’s. Covid and Brexit did not help. Based in Rushden. I have never visited the factory or bougnt their shoes but they had some nice offerings.

Fosters close Northampton factory after Japanese investors pull out.

Last edited:
Alfred Sargent goes into liquidation. Apparently a large proportion of their work was supplying French owners Bowen’s. Covid and Brexit did not help. Based in Rushden. I have never visited the factory or bougnt their shoes but they had some nice offerings.

Sargent for me is THE shoe. Their 109 last fits my foot like a glove.

Sargent for me is THE shoe. Their 109 last fits my foot like a glove.
Latest on Sargent. It might be Phoenix from the ashes time again :-

Mid-1970s Crockett and Jones nearly went under. They were making for other companies and when they lost big contracts it caused difficulties. However, younger management took it as an opportunity to use spare capacity and build the brand with a quality offering. Stores in the big prestige cities helped promotion.

Sargent did offer a lot for the price - channeled. oak bark-tanned soles, good quality uppers, interesting designs. Not ever a big presence though; and as it was not in Northampton town it was not somewhere I would keep tabs on.

Bowen are one of those French brands that are OK but don’t get much coverage on the internet - a bit like Bexley who had Goodyear welting, calf leather uppers and soles you were advised in their shops to get Topyed. Colours were either black or one variety of brown. I like black shoes but they don’t play well on the internet. Bowen were a bit more upmarket than Bexley and similar to Loding - a sort of French Tyrwhitt of footwear.

As a shoe newbie, a 'shnoebie' if you will, what do you think of these Cobblerunion oxfords? I know that shoes must be goodyear welted or they implode. Thats about it
I liked the inside, it reminds me of a brothel or a sports car interior
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg
Very elegant and classic with some modern touches to it, I genuinly really liked them! The soles are on another level.

Very elegant and classic with some modern touches to it, I genuinly really liked them! The soles are on another level.
Looked them up. They are Spanish. Seem to offer good value. It says they are calf leather though they look shinier than a lot of calf leather. Seem well executed.

John Lobb Paris put out a special edition shoe in September last year. A limited edition shoe made to bespoke standards, ie, a rtw last and a shoe which is all hand stitched. Only 20 pairs available.

If you could get a good fit they would be a bargain because they would use the best materials with the added benefit of an entirely handmade shoe, and a shoe that looks bespoke. $5,000. Look to be all sold out long ago.

John Lobb `Madison 20'.
John Lobb - Madision 20 1.jpg

To celebrate this video I wore a pair of Florsheim Imperial longwings today. The one l am wearing is the tan pair in the center of the photo. A bloke in America found them in a back of a shop unworn and he send them to me asap. The black pair of the left is still unworn. I could have bought a pair of unworn vintage recently in dark brown (dream colour), but l didn't want to pay $500. Could have, should have, but l was too cheap to fork it out. Ughh.

Florsheim boys 3.jpg

To celebrate these models l post these excellent links on how to date the Imperials.

A proper pair of storm welt Florshiems from 1955. I'd pay $$$$ for those. They use a proper L welt and not a silly t welt. The welt is actually stitched against the upper and hand carved feather from the outside (the proper way) instead of using a t welt to attach like a conventional welted shoe. I bet the leather is fantastic on these. Would be difficult for water to get into these shoes because of the unique hand L welted construction, where-as those other gyw florsheims use a t welt so the water can get in and ruin the gemming. Aghh. They cut corners and call things storm welts when they really aren't at all....they are just an imitation storm welt.
Florsheim Imperial 1955  1.jpg

Last edited:
Kirby shows off his bespoke shoe collection. The shoes have amazing character and looks. Lucky fella.

Last edited:
John Lobb Paris put out a special edition shoe in September last year. A limited edition shoe made to bespoke standards, ie, a rtw last and a shoe which is all hand stitched. Only 20 pairs available.

If you could get a good fit they would be a bargain because they would use the best materials with the added benefit of an entirely handmade shoe, and a shoe that looks bespoke. $5,000. Look to be all sold out long ago.

John Lobb `Madison 20'.
View attachment 36351
Looks to be solid, but what's the price and quality justification against the C&J's Magee?

Looks to be solid, but what's the price and quality justification against the C&J's Magee?
C'mon Pimps, just in nickname alone, Lobb crushes C&J.

Big Johnny Lobb crushes Big Jimmy Crockett? Big Chuck Jones?

But one major difference is there are only 20 pairs made with their own new last. To commemorate C&J being in the US. Price was as The Shooman The Shooman said, $5k USD ($4,990.00). Hand welted.

140th Anniversary Magee. Not digging the leather mix. Isn't there any black? I can't find anything. MTO it.

1614818576044.png

C'mon Pimps, just in nickname alone, Lobb crushes C&J.

Big Johnny Lobb crushes Big Jimmy Crockett? Big Chuck Jones?

But one major difference is there are only 20 pairs made with their own new last. To commemorate C&J being in the US. Price was as The Shooman The Shooman said, $5k USD ($4,990.00). Hand welted.

140th Anniversary Magee. Not digging the leather mix. Isn't there any black? I can't find anything. MTO it.

View attachment 36422
You're quite correct right, only a damn fool, and I am one old damn fool would consider purchasing the C&J's in London town antique financier's desk brown and green racing coloured inners, when Big Daddy John Lobby version awaits in 5 grand Paris cinéma vérité film noir black with added spit and shoe polish. There's simply no competition from some GBP 650 interloper.

You're quite correct right, only a damn fool, and I am one old damn fool would consider purchasing the C&J's in London town antique financier's desk brown and green racing coloured inners, when Big Daddy John Lobby version awaits in 5 grand Paris cinéma vérité film noir black with added spit and shoe polish. There's simply no competition from some GBP 650 interloper.
I have no problem saying that C&J are good shoes. The Magees are fugly in that livery is all. I was on the verge of doing MTO through Andy Trott in Vancouver. But I couldn't do it. I don't know why. So I had some Vass made instead.

I have no problem saying that C&J are good shoes. The Magees are fugly in that livery is all. I was on the verge of doing MTO through Andy Trott in Vancouver. But I couldn't do it. I don't know why. So I had some Vass made instead.
You couldn't do it because you're a BIG Daddy!

I'll need to see and feel the Magees in the flesh. But I'm definitely in the zone of interest. The Big Daddy's, no, because (i) I can't justify buying them; (ii) the missus would go nuts....

6 layers of plastic grocery bags on my feet hiding the fact that I am wearing C&J?

If you had C&J you would have to wear them around the house only, because if you got seen in public wearing them it would ruin your reputation as a big grand daddy.

Btw, when you order your Vass, let them know that you are a `big daddy' and want your heels done in all leather and not fiberboard like ordinary people. Just tell them that you have special requirements due to your high level status.

Btw, @Truth, what pair of Vass did you order?

If you had C&J you would have to wear them around the house only, because if you got seen in public wearing them it would ruin your reputation as a big grand daddy.

Btw, when you order your Vass, let them know that you are a `big daddy' and want your heels done in all leather and not fiberboard like ordinary people. Just tell them that you have special requirements due to your high level status.

Btw, @Truth, what pair of Vass did you order?
At that time I did a black austerity brogue derby boot and an oxblood balmoral boot. Both F last, I also have a Bordeaux swan neck whole cut (U last) and a full dark brown brogue derby (F last). Both shoos.

At that time I did a black austerity brogue derby boot and an oxblood balmoral boot. Both F last, I also have a Bordeaux swan neck whole cut (U last) and a full dark brown brogue derby (F last). Both shoos.

You've got me all excited @Truth just looked at the Vass website and have been hatching future ideas.

Some possibilities:

Haven't done alligator in a while, so l am probably due for one of these in a colour like this on the F last:

AND about $9,000 less than what that Ascot bloke wanted to sell them for. Now that he's out of the pictures Vass are starting to stock alligator again.
Vass alligator F last derby 1.jpg

Being me, a green wholecut on the F last would be just the ticket:
Vass green f last wholecut.jpg

and of course a navy blue and white wingtip spectator shoe on the F last.(Just a pic of a cheap pair, but you get the idea).
Blue white spectator.jpg

or

a multi coloured spectator with goiser construction on the P2 or 3636 last. Would probably do different colours to this, but you get the basic idea. Have wanted this type of shoe for many years.
Multi coloured brogue.png

AND about $9,000 less than what that Ascot bloke wanted to sell them for. Now that he's out of the pictures Vass are starting to stock alligator again.
Out of business or out of Vass? :fadancing:
He certainly did nothing good for the brand in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom