The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

About a good decade back, I found travelling with Aldens on my feet amusing to an extent, I chose them deliberately for a flight. You were seemingly the only one on German airports who could make the scanners ring.

Does anyone know what kind of shank Vass uses? A wooden one?

Some nice Gaziano&Girling in unusual leathers.

Cherry Kudu
tumblr_op2tdiHFJt1rwub8vo1_1280.jpg

Cherry Kudu and Calf
tumblr_opbqpov9I11rwub8vo1_1280.jpg

Tan Pig Skin
tumblr_op4gl0RFey1rwub8vo1_1280.jpg

Chestnut English Grain
tumblr_onmovqs5Pu1rwub8vo1_1280.jpg

Some excessive, ostentacious patinas (all Gaziano&Girling):

In the middle the original crust leather
Naked_Sinatra_Copy_ceab1a15-c855-46a0-bdd4-2e0b6c111d35.png

images (3).jpg
Patina_Row.png

Here instead a well-made, subtle one, Deep Cherry Patina (model from the ladies range)
tumblr_okwodhiNJB1rwub8vo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
How a classy boot (shoe) can appear trashy and tacky in the wrong colour and finishing. This is called Chameleon Patina (Gaziano&Girling):

tumblr_oic9thJe871rwub8vo1_1280.jpg

Chelsea boots are always trash no matter what, at least for men. They are way too feminine looking.
Interesting, never thought about that. I like mine but maybe you’ve got a point. Maybe Chelsea’s are less good on men of a smaller iGent physique.

Interesting, never thought about that. I like mine but maybe you’ve got a point. Maybe Chelsea’s are less good on men of a smaller iGent physique.
I find the Jodhpur to be a good compromise for men who really want to wear boots beside jump boots or balmoral boots. They keep the sleek look of the Chelsea without the elastic looking thing and some models don't look feminine at all (granted, some models do).

Seems so, even if I have seen probably more feminine looking Jodhpurs than otherwise. Personally, I like boots without laces as they get me a nice, not too snug, crease-free fit.

Oh give over you wanktards. Chelsea boots are feminine. Ewwww.

All y’all most likely wear loafers. Your Euro roots are showing and if you only CosPlay and don’t do manly physical work you would be oblivious to unfeminine and even blobby Chelsea work boots.

Work

8265150D-6D4B-458F-8461-DF35EBCA91E7.jpeg
E1CB7BDD-24FB-4C70-AC2E-D633902C762B.jpeg
AA02F6C8-2098-49BE-B01F-846CCC6E6A5F.jpeg

1425F33C-D7AF-41CE-86B9-8C481D72EC2A.jpeg

Dress
FAE3FA81-65E2-49D1-83F0-E91DEE2ABB21.jpeg

Jodhpurs I find more sleek but not feminine
0F472581-DADB-4484-BBDD-D40D85886C4B.jpeg

Thanks!

Atienza, Aubercy, Devos, Delos (before he left for Berluti) and one I won't name because he is still young an relatively unknown which means cheap. I mostly have oxfords in different patterns (adelaïde, balmoral...) as well as a few boots.
I didn't know him (the others just by name), but Philippe Atienza seems to be a grand. May I ask you about prices?

I found this video:

Last edited:

All y’all most likely wear loafers. Your Euro roots are showing and if you only CosPlay and don’t do manly physical work you would be oblivious to unfeminine and even blobby Chelsea work boots.

Work

View attachment 37323View attachment 37324View attachment 37325
View attachment 37328

Dress
View attachment 37327

View attachment 37329
Of course those hard work Chelsea are anything but feminine, still I don't like this style. The Jodhpur is a nice compromise, if you are too lazy for the laces.

I didn't know him (the others just by name), but Philippe Atienza seems to to be a grand. May I ask you about prices?

I found this video:

Delos is the best in France and one of the bests in the world as well, Atienza is not at that level but he remains extremely good. The price varies a lot depending on your choice of leather, that being said the starting price was 5k€ when I went there last time. That was pre covid bullshit though so I don't know yet if it has changed or not.
EDIT: he also does some RTW in extremely limited series for people who don't want to shell that much money, but you have to be in the know to be getting a pair. And the price tag remains pretty high.

Work

View attachment 37328

Dress
View attachment 37327

View attachment 37329
What color of handkerchief do you wear in your back-pocket?

Work

View attachment 37328

Dress
View attachment 37327

View attachment 37329
MANLY. This is only for good taste customer who KNOW to tell Dandy Mode from classic code dresser. I like my Chelsea boots as well - BEWARE of Rectumites with narrow, pointy clown Jodhpurs. They are a real tacky who cannot dress like a real MAN. Probably from masonic lodge where also such Ungentleman meet.

Of course those hard work Chelsea are anything but feminine, still I don't like this style. The Jodhpur is a nice compromise, if you are too lazy for the laces.
At least for me, laceless boots are way more comfortable. My chelseas, cowboy boots und filzstiefel mit lammsfell have far more comfortable fits than a lot of similar laced boots. I have bespoke and modified last MTM. My cowboy boots are hard to beat for fit. Custom, sure, but using the stock last that is used for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police riding boots. It is an English last but made off of the Munson last, which is the a US military last with superior fit because of a wider toe box and snug up in the heel and arch better than most lasts. The RCMP last was modified to ensure there is the proper heel slip for the boots fit. But your heel is cupped firmly when it returns.

In fact, all custom cowboy boots makers take the same measurements as bespoke makers. The bookmaker just does not fabricate a last. S/he modifies an existing one. My local Cordwainer does the same.

1619828651410.jpeg

1619828866109.jpeg

1619829332152.jpeg

1619828521874.jpeg

Ewww. These are so ghey and ladylike. Burn them like a riot tire on Napoli.
1619828949793.jpeg

Super comfy. olololololololo
1619828603970.jpeg

These post in the other post are crazy comfortable because they are Biggest Johnny Lobb (St. James) bespoke.

Horses for courses. YMMV. Jajajajja.

Last edited:
Jesus, cowboy boots stopped being relevant the day you stopped hanging colored people from trees or lamp posts and even back then it was pushing it.
Now they look about as gay as a Chelsea boot.

Thanks!

Atienza, Aubercy, Devos, Delos (before he left for Berluti) and one I won't name because he is still young an relatively unknown which means cheap. I mostly have oxfords in different patterns (adelaïde, balmoral...) as well as a few boots.
Wow.

Some excessive, ostentacious patinas (all Gaziano&Girling):

In the middle the original crust leather
View attachment 37313

That yellow crust leather is a special leather used only for the special patina shoes. That is how they get the yellow effects underneath those shoes. If they used a normal white crust they wouldn't be able to do get that special patina effect.

View attachment 37315

Here instead a well-made, subtle one, Deep Cherry Patina (model from the ladies range)
Ladies range?

1619833204289.png

Thruth Thruth what are those boots, they look nice. John Lobb?

Jesus, cowboy boots stopped being relevant the day you stopped hanging colored people from trees or lamp posts and even back then it was pushing it.
I''l keep posting and wearing my gayness, thanks. We need to see your gayness now. You sound like you have a nice selection of lady shoos too. You need to post them.

Too bad you cannot do basic fact finding. Get it right, we hung Indians.
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.31.16 PM.png

You on the other hand are masking your real identity. Or are you a refugee in the US?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.30.42 PM.png

What color of handkerchief do you wear in your back-pocket?
What does a handkerchief in one's back pocket mean? Are you coming on to me with some Euro-Homo ™ code? I wish the old Euros were back here to help me translate what you are beaking about. It's all pops and crackles.

PRO TIP come here and say things like I wear handkerchiefs in my back pocket around me and the people I know; on my mother's life I could make one phone call and send you back to puberty with your balls cut off and stuffed in your face, later to be found in a ditch on the outskirts of Tijuana by Polica Federal. No joke, have respect for everybody and yourself or deal with the consequences of your actions. That is grown man talk so handle your business accordingly.

Although I fully respect your point of view, it must be written: ghey, as in „gentleman‘s gheyzette“.

Although I fully respect your point of view, it must be written: ghey, as in „gentleman‘s gheyzette“.
Ahaha, thanks! I'll think about it next time!
What does a handkerchief in one's back pocket mean? Are you coming on to me with some Euro-Homo ™ code? I wish the old Euros were back here to help me translate what you are beaking about. It's all pops and crackles.

PRO TIP come here and say things like I wear handkerchiefs in my back pocket around me and the people I know; on my mother's life I could make one phone call and send you back to puberty with your balls cut off and stuffed in your face, later to be found in a ditch on the outskirts of Tijuana by Polica Federal. No joke, have respect for everybody and yourself or deal with the consequences of your actions. That is grown man talk so handle your business accordingly.
That was about the funniest thing I have read so far, thank you.

Dress
View attachment 37327

I spoke to Tibor recently and asked him a series of questions. He wears his formal attire everyday regardless of the surroundings, even on the bus. He also wears it to work (he doesn't do law enforcement anymore). Same with this Andy bloke at S.F, he even wears a dinner jacket every Friday and wore it to Cosco. These lads don't care what anyone thinks, they just do their own thing.

Thruth Thruth I reckon you should wear tails and a to hat to work, see how it goes. You'd certainly look like a big daddy then.

That yellow crust leather is a special leather used only for the special patina shoes. That is how they get the yellow effects underneath those shoes. If they used a normal white crust they wouldn't be able to do get that special patina effect.
I don't know if they use a (off) white crust leather (they have a pale blue leather that should be used for the blue patinas), but it seems that that yellowish crust is pretty common. See also here:

Ladies range?
Yes, they have a Ladies Collection:
https://www.gazianogirling.com/collection/womens-collection/

I spoke to Tibor recently and asked him a series of questions. He wears his formal attire everyday regardless of the surroundings, even on the bus. He also wears it to work (he doesn't do law enforcement anymore). Same with this Andy bloke at S.F, he even wears a dinner jacket every Friday and wore it to Cosco. These lads don't care what anyone thinks, they just do their own thing.

Thruth Thruth I reckon you should wear tails and a to hat to work, see how it goes. You'd certainly look like a big daddy then.

Thruth Thruth I reckon you should wear tails and a to hat to work, see how it goes. You'd certainly look like a big daddy

There is a difference between being into clothes and being mentally ill, Shooey. You know the difference. Those poor buggers do not. It is neither cool nor kind to encourage them. Karma Shooey. Karma.

There is a difference between being into clothes and being mentally ill, Shooey. You know the difference. Those poor buggers do not. It is neither cool nor kind to encourage them. Karma Shooey. Karma.

that is what l wonder about too. Do these folks understand social norms etc, or is their thinking removed away from all of that. Maybe they live in a fantasy world.

I don't know if they use a (off) white crust leather (they have a pale blue leather that should be used for the blue patinas),

A blue crust leather for blue patina?

but it seems that that yellowish crust is pretty common. See also here:

Wow, you are right. I never took notice of that the first time l saw that video. The yellow is used more than l thought. I only thought it was used for the special patina shoes, but it is also used on more moderate patina shoes to give it more depth.

How jolly interesting.

Not sure about it, but possible/probable.

The original leather (it's the base for the Midnight Blue):
View attachment 37350

And a model with some finishing on it:
View attachment 37351

Very interesting. Would make sense.
Not sure about it, but possible/probable.

The original leather (it's the base for the Midnight Blue):
View attachment 37350

And a model with some finishing on it:
View attachment 37351

Would make sense. This is very interesting.

Those Bestetti gray shoes look good, but still not a fan of gray.

Seeing as we are on the topic of going up a half size, are there any others who, like me, keep a pair or two for flying? I have used 'airport friendly' wooden shanked AEs a half size up for years. I have a black and brown pair of bicycle toes. They do (or did ) a great job.
RMW make some airport friendly plastic shanks in a range of styles. Being elastic sided, as we call Chelsea’s, they are also easy to slip on and off.

Here elastic sided boots, correct pronunciation ‘lastic, are largely seen as country or work boots.

Thats not strictly true as a well fitting pair of RMWs can be very hard to get off. And we would have a special boot remover on the veranda on a farm to take off boots. I’ll post a pic if I can find one. Essentially just a bit of widish, not too thick plank wood with a big V cut in the end to grip your heel and pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom