The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Bought 4 pairs.
395 for shoes, 495 for boots, a bunch of loafers etc further discounted
Edward Green had a pop up sale a few years ago in Brick Lane. It was bedlam - though I did buy a pair at a reasonable price. The Dover in dark oak was not in the sale.

I have enough shoes now. Edward Green prices have moved up. I don’t know what the demand is like now, or whether covid will affect customers turning up.

I would be interested to know which 4 pairs you bought.

I would be interested to know which 4 pairs you bought.

1624031410168.jpeg

Back to the (teh?) ‘ghey’ thing again.
Clearly a joke. I love loafers and I think it’s bs to discard them for not being manly enough.
Pairs are on the right look more substantial and more useful (to me, your choices may be different) but big saving on list price.
The two on the left were 125 and 175 respectively, if I’m not mistaken. The two on the right were 395
Were there many customers when you were there or did covid fears take their toll?
When I arrived at 11.30 there maybe 20 people in the queue, by the time doors opened at 12 there were maybe 100-200, by the time I left around 1pm I’d say 250 (queue turning 2 corners).

They enforced a maximum capacity approach, I’d say there were maybe 60 customers at any given time lurking.

That's a nice haul, a pair of Chelseas for 395 is nothing to scoff at. What colour are the loafers?

The Picadilly are dark oak if I’m not mistaken (could be Dark brown utah too, not sure about the EG nomenclature)

I've sent you a PM, please explain the Freudian stuff about my mother-in-law.

I won't forget, or let it go.

Thanks.
Point. Counterpoint?

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith you ignorant slut.

Screen grab. Suggest you combine and edit both comments and read as one.

A fish-and-chips-eating, Brit, living in Holland, defending Spanish cuisine [with an] Eastern European mother-in-law. Fascinating. Freud would have a field day with this one.

Fish and chips. In Holland. Spanish cuisine. Eastern Euro MIL's [cooking]. A crazy concoction.

But you think it is a MIL-fucking attack on you, no? Because the Freud? No, because the food.

Or I could be an ignorant slut and L Lobbster was really calling you a wannabe MIL-fucker. I doubt it.

But, we just don't want you getting unhinged [again].

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 2.28.06 PM.png

Point. Counterpoint?

A fish-and-chips-eating, Brit, living in Holland, defending Spanish cuisine [with an] Eastern European mother-in-law. Fascinating. Freud would have a field day with this one.

Fish and chips. In Holland. Spanish cuisine. Eastern Euro MIL's [cooking]. A crazy concoction.

But you think it is a MIL-fucking attack on you, no? Because the Freud? No, because the food.

Or I could be an ignorant slut and L Lobbster was really calling you a wannabe MIL-fucker. I doubt it.

View attachment 38989
I hope you're right, but back in the day, in my English culture, any reference to Freud and Freudian slips are considered an ad hominem attack at the highest level. It's not considered banter, they're personal sleights.

He could have clarified his position by the way.

I don't hold grudges, nor I am above being corrected on misinterpretations. I can also be ignored. But eventually, I will infringe on your reality, if you're hanging around where I am.

And ''Ignorant slut'' isn't the language I would describe you, or anyone else. Unless I was really pissed-off.

I hope you're right, but back in the day, in my English culture, any reference to Freud and Freudian slips are considered an ad hominem attack at the highest level. It's not considered banter, they're personal sleights.

He could have clarified his position by the way.

I don't hold grudges, nor I am above being corrected on misinterpretations. I can also be ignored. But eventually, I will infringe on your reality, if you're hanging around where I am.

And ''Ignorant slut'' isn't the language I would describe you, or anyone else. Unless I was really pissed-off.
For fuck sakes, get with the program.

Point. Counterpoint?

View attachment 38989
Thank you. I think it says a lot that belinmad and you got the gist of it while the person it was aimed at chose to take it as a personal attack, starting to throw around threats but I'll leave it at that.

Clearly a joke. I love loafers and I think it’s bs to discard them for not being manly enough.

The two on the left were 125 and 175 respectively, if I’m not mistaken. The two on the right were 395

When I arrived at 11.30 there maybe 20 people in the queue, by the time doors opened at 12 there were maybe 100-200, by the time I left around 1pm I’d say 250 (queue turning 2 corners).

They enforced a maximum capacity approach, I’d say there were maybe 60 customers at any given time lurking.

who are all these people, igents? Ridiculous.

Thank you. I think it says a lot that belinmad and you got the gist of it while the person it was aimed at chose to take it as a personal attack, starting to throw around threats but I'll leave it at that.
I haven't thrown around threats. All I've said I will be pain until I got an apology or explanation as to what it meant. Clearly, that's not going to be the case. So I'll just leave it at that.

he was filming as we were queuing. I politely declined to be interviewed.

‘ I politely declined to be interviewed.’ Very civil of you I must say.

I would do the same - possibly a little more brusquely.

A nitwit bothering people.

Most of the people he asked said:-
‘I am wearing brand x, brand x and brand x’.

Not sure if I could queue that long. Blow that for a game of soldiers ! At least in Brick Lane there was a little more life and scope for people-watching not just an empty back street.

Most of the clothes were not to my taste, but I have more in common with ‘The Suits’ anyway.

There is a discussion on styleforum about both the London Drakes Edward Green event and a similar one in New York. I don’t think there were many EG shoes in the New York event though.

Posters question the financial situation of the companies, but express regret that they cannot pick up bargains themselves. Others question margins and ask if such sales can backfire and damage a brand’s image.

he was filming as we were queuing. I politely declined to be interviewed

what a pity what you declined. I have been following that vlog from the 'how much your outfit cost?' times. I quite like the vlog and have been following since 'how much was outfit cost' times. I find his voice very soothing and his attitude cool.

What were you wearing? He seems to follow designers like bottega or Miyake and didn't know who Drakes was before the vlog.

Did he ask if everybody at the queue if they wanted to be interviewed or was he selecting people? just curious

Btw were the people at the queue the average Drake's customer? All tories voters?

Watched a bit of the video. Obviously a crowd who are into clothes, otherwise they wouldn't know what Drakes is. Nice that people are making an effort.

See fellas, these clothes types all go on hunts for their treasures. They care about what they wear. They are also different from the brand obsessed crowd that line up for Gucci and all those names....more down to earth and grounded.

Last edited:
what a pity what you declined. I have been following that vlog from the 'how much your outfit cost?' times. I quite like the vlog and have been following since 'how much was outfit cost' times. I find his voice very soothing and his attitude cool.
he seemed a bit shallow and uninformed. Also I have no interest in appearing on random vlogs

What were you wearing? He seems to follow designers like bottega or Miyake and didn't know who Drakes was before the vlog.
1624104637146.jpeg

the angle is not incredibly flattering. Brown linen gurkha trousers, ocean blue linen shirt, light rust linen cabana overshirt.

Did he ask if everybody at the queue if they wanted to be interviewed or was he selecting people? just curious
Selecting people based on outfit. He said something like “you have a very cool outfit and I’d like to film you and ask you about it if thats

Btw were the people at the queue the average Drake's customer? All tories voters?
nah, pretty mixed. IGents, city salarymen, hipsters, etc.

There is a discussion on styleforum about both the London Drakes Edward Green event and a similar one in New York. I don’t think there were many EG shoes in the New York event though.

Posters question the financial situation of the companies, but express regret that they cannot pick up bargains themselves. Others question margins and ask if such sales can backfire and damage a brand’s image.

Yeah completely ridiculous. Also along the lines of “I feel disappointed that I paid full price like a schmuck, and now all these people are buying the same items at one tenth of the cost. I’m not a special unicorn anymore. Drake’s should hold onto their stock and who cares about their cash flow and inventory management, the brand is now diluted and I’m going to start thinking about other brands to patronize.” Same for EG. People saying they will switch to Vass or Carmina, etc., cause EG is not as quality as they perceived it to be if it’s half price.

he was filming as we were queuing. I politely declined to be interviewed.

I had a quick click thru with no sound. Might look another day.

I’m a bit fascinated by the variety of clothing and relative warmth etc.

It’s summer isn’t it over in blighty?
Windy?
What was the temperature at the time.
Was it raining? Lots of umbrellas.

Yeah completely ridiculous. Also along the lines of “I feel disappointed that I paid full price like a schmuck, and now all these people are buying the same items at one tenth of the cost. I’m not a special unicorn anymore. Drake’s should hold onto their stock and who cares about their cash flow and inventory management, the brand is now diluted and I’m going to start thinking about other brands to patronize.” Same for EG. People saying they will switch to Vass or Carmina, etc., cause EG is not as quality as they perceived it to be if it’s half price.
Sumptuary laws still exist through branding and copyright.

Dilute exclusiveness by lowering price and you fuck up the old Veblen effect.

The Veblen is a primary motivator for many.

‘ I politely declined to be interviewed.’ Very civil of you I must say.

I would do the same - possibly a little more brusquely.

A nitwit bothering people.

Not sure if I could queue that long. Blow that for a game of soldiers ! At least in Brick Lane there was a little more life and scope for people-watching not just an empty back street.

Most of the clothes were not to my taste, but I have more in common with ‘The Suits’ anyway.
A nitwit bothering nits is more like it.

I haven't thrown around threats. All I've said I will be pain until I got an apology or explanation as to what it meant. Clearly, that's not going to be the case. So I'll just leave it at that.
It is always about your reading comprehension isn't it? It has been explained and does not warrant an apology. He confirmed the explanation that was posted.

It is always about your reading comprehension isn't it? It has been explained and does not warrant an apology. He confirmed the explanation that was posted.
Why would it always be about my reading comprehension, '''...isn't it?'' Not really. Ad hominem doesn't become you with your ''ignorant slut'' jibe. So forgive me for not coming on board. Sorry.

I didn't ask you to speak for Lobbster, I asked him a pertinent question that he chose to ignore. When I was accused of being xenophobic against the Spanish I explained myself fully, it was a joke.

My position is explained and clear. No need for further interaction.

he seemed a bit shallow and uninformed. Also I have no interest in appearing on random vlogs

View attachment 38992
the angle is not incredibly flattering. Brown linen gurkha trousers, ocean blue linen shirt, light rust linen cabana overshirt.

Selecting people based on outfit. He said something like “you have a very cool outfit and I’d like to film you and ask you about it if thats

nah, pretty mixed. IGents, city salarymen, hipsters, etc.
Informative to provide a description of what you are wearing as opposed to just a list of labels.

Sumptuary laws still exist through branding and copyright.

Dilute exclusiveness by lowering price and you fuck up the old Veblen effect.

The Veblen is a primary motivator for many.
Veblen effect - basic economics textbook. It’s a smart move to get your name attached to an observation.

I had a quick click thru with no sound. Might look another day.

I’m a bit fascinated by the variety of clothing and relative warmth etc.

It’s summer isn’t it over in blighty?
Windy?
What was the temperature at the time.
Was it raining? Lots of umbrellas.
It was the hottest day of the year on Wednesday at 29c. So, in the true spirit of suburban man, I waited until the afternoon heat died down and mowed the lawn before the deluge. I missed meeting up for a mini pub crawl but it was so wet they stayed in the first pub and the one I was interested in was scheduled to be the final one.

High Summer in the U.K. but possibly appealing to foreigners who want to wear 12 ply cashmere and 21oz tweed suits.

I think they were all card carrying Conservative party members. And they all loved salted cod - but only Portuguese recipes.

Why would it always be about my reading comprehension, '''...isn't it?'' Not really. Ad hominem doesn't become you with your ''ignorant slut'' jibe. So forgive me for not coming on board. Sorry.

I didn't ask you to speak for Lobbster, I asked him a pertinent question that he chose to ignore. When I was accused of being xenophobic against the Spanish I explained myself fully, it was a joke.

My position is explained and clear. No need for further interaction.
if you bothered to read and digest all of this would still not be flying over your head. Blah, fucking, blah ad hominem.

Point Counterpoint. Jane you ignorant slut. Saturday night live. Already used in another thread.

I am considering a pair of suede Oxford's. I have two pairs from Loake. However I am considering Scarosso or Velasca. Any feedback on these two companies?

if you bothered to read and digest all of this would still not be flying over your head. Blah, fucking, blah ad hominem.

Point Counterpoint. Jane you ignorant slut. Saturday night live. Already used in another thread.
Sorry, I wouldn't get any in jokes from Saturday Night Live. The last episode I saw was this one:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom