The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

1626855400098.png

These look like something Noddy would wear :-
Absolutely. Difficult to beat them in ugliness and tackiness, even for Versace, Philipp Plein and Billionaire.

Screenshot (375).png
Screenshot (376).png
Screenshot (380).png

The matching leather jacket is not less tacky.

Screenshot (377).png
Screenshot (379).png

While I’m not really taken with the overall result, the Shinki shell from Ogawa and the construction of these really is supurb:

DAEC8D81-B559-438E-9DA5-A88F91A6E000.jpeg
BFB0DCF2-6220-4DD3-98FC-81EFD7E9109C.jpeg
9A0F4968-A8E9-4E2D-BD1A-7D6A63658D8B.jpeg
34E0B89B-1002-4DF3-893E-0A9A6FE14EBE.jpeg

These look like something Noddy would wear :-

completely ridiculous. Who thinks such silly thoughts. Pthh.
Lino Ieluzzi would approve.

View attachment 39937

why would anyone want to wear a 7 on their tie?? What is the tie quality like anyway?

These are stunning.
Thank you. Sutor Mantellassi from their hand welted line. Their sole leather is fine on pavement but slippery on dry tile. Felt them sliding a bit when I walked into work today even though I had worn them a couple of time to rough up the leather a bit beforehand.

Thank you. Sutor Mantellassi from their hand welted line. Their sole leather is fine on pavement but slippery on dry tile. Felt them sliding a bit when I walked into work today even though I had worn them a couple of time to rough up the leather a bit beforehand.
I would say it's a good sign: they will have a long last.

20210721_151117.jpg
20210721_151144.jpg

These are made-to-order, hand-welted shoes I bought from Leonard Kahlcke, a shoe designer in Frankfurt. I'm pretty glad with the fit.

The socks are Bresciani in wool/cashmere (75/25%) mix with houndtooth pattern. Trousers Boss.

Last edited:
Sartoriale has 30% off of their remaining Passus shoes taking the US price from $825 to $577. Limited sizing available of course.

1627057376514.png

1627057427638.png

I think I had promised to post pics of my Papa Kiss boots. Hand welted and pegged AH construction. As The Shooman The Shooman has previously posted, the leather is robust.

1627192972087.jpeg

1627192996990.jpeg

1627193031582.jpeg

1627193054997.jpeg

1627193078123.jpeg

1627193098930.jpeg

The loafer had potential, the style is too off. Long stitched toe with a small lake. Very stylised Italian. Pattern and style could have been a bit more normal with some quirks, but not like that. Small lakes can work with some Italian shoes, but that above is getting a bit silly. Too much.

It looks a well-made shoe. But to me it seems overly feminine
Mind you, I am someone who has never approved of pocket squares so perhaps my opinion is not that relevant.

Your opinion is well noted Sammy. You have excellent taste in shoos, and your taste is manly (like Thruths), so hardly surprising you would make these comments. You should take aspiring shoomen under your wing Sammy Ambrose, l am sure you would be able to set them on the right track. Most of the old school shoomen are gone now. Time to give back to the community and help the younger generation follow in your footsteps.

Most of the lads these days aren't schooled right. They get their shoe education from the forums. I did my schoolin' the old fashioned way. The only way to become a proper shoomen is to start young, and EARN IT!

Your opinion is well noted Sammy. You have excellent taste in shoos, and your taste is manly (like Thruths), so hardly surprising you would make these comments. You should take aspiring shoomen under your wing Sammy Ambrose, l am sure you would be able to set them on the right track. Most of the old school shoomen are gone now. Time to give back to the community and help the younger generation follow in your footsteps.

Most of the lads these days aren't schooled right. They get their shoe education from the forums. I did my schoolin' the old fashioned way. The only way to become a proper shoomen is to start young, and EARN IT!
I thank you for your approbation, Shooey. But is there only ONE 'taste'? Mrs Ambrose sometimes criticises my style of dress as being too 'classic' , and I think we need to be cautious of stunting creativity.

One of the strengths of the Dressed Well forum is that it hasn't split into a 'trad' forum and one veering away from the classic. As a result, we all get the chance to view and appraise styles which we may not have ordinarily considered or even been aware of.

But to return to those dainty bloo shoos: It would be good to see them being worn as part of a 'rig' and then be able to comment on them in a deeper sartorial context.

What is the obsession with danite, particularly in Britain? So many makers choose it but to me it seems a hard and unforgiving 'rubber' option for chukkas and the like.

Go home John Lobb, you're drunk.

View attachment 40219

John Lobb has branched out into the sports shoe business. Why? Because the profit margin is higher. Same goes with the increase in making rubber soled shoes, less handwork involved. They promote these things as comfort and serving the needs of men, but effectively they are lowering their standards in shoemaking because quality isn't the first priority. Edward Green and others are all doing it now, and they try to baffle brains by promoting these things as desirable. They don't fool me, l know what they are up too.

E.G talks about their customers suddenly wanting comfort and glued loafers, and rubber soles too. Baloney. If they wanted that they would have went to other businesses and filled those needs. What they are trying to do is move into cheaper production by talking customers into going down the cheap route in the name of comfort. The trend probably isn't there, but these companies hope the lies and promotion will persuade the lamb-gents (sheep who are easily conned) into buying cheaper made shoes.

Of course these shoes make good highend shoes to maintain the image, but they quietly sneak more cheaply made models in to make the bigger margins on high priced shoes trading on `the name'.

John Lobb has branched out into the sports shoe business. Why? Because the profit margin is higher. Same goes with the increase in making rubber soled shoes, less handwork involved. They promote these things as comfort and serving the needs of men, but effectively they are lowering their standards in shoemaking because quality isn't the first priority. Edward Green and others are all doing it now, and they try to baffle brains by promoting these things as desirable. They don't fool me, l know what they are up too.

E.G talks about their customers suddenly wanting comfort and glued loafers, and rubber soles too. Baloney. If they wanted that they would have went to other businesses and filled those needs. What they are trying to do is move into cheaper production by talking customers into going down the cheap route in the name of comfort. The trend probably isn't there, but these companies hope the lies and promotion will persuade the lamb-gents (sheep who are easily conned) into buying cheaper made shoes.

Of course these shoes make good highend shoes to maintain the image, but they quietly sneak more cheaply made models in to make the bigger margins on high priced shoes trading on `the name'.
Rubber soles are needed in climates like the Netherlands and the UK if you hit the pavements when it's wet and damp. A Dainite sole is a versatile and hard wearing thing, but not as comfy as leather soles. The thin ''City Soles'' phenomena, I don't quite get. Is it to make the rubber sole experience more like a leather sole, or some cost cutting exercise?

They're all going to branch out into sports shoes, the facts are that good shoes are increasingly becoming a niche and not part of the mainstream.

Wasn't it last year, or the year before that C&J's sold more casual slip-ons instead of laced up shoes for the first time.

I can't fault my JL Levah hi-tops, comfy and look great. £200 from their factory shop. Would I pay retail price? No.

I couldn't be without Dainite in winter here. No way. For years I refused to buy anything but a leather sole shoe. The only reason I got my first Dainite was because it was on a pair of those Santos EG Dover rip offs that were on sale at 50%. I got them to batter in the snow. Since then I've only bought three pairs of shoes, Dainite soled boots, leather soled loafers and a pair of MTO Cardiff which are leather soled. I just couldn't bring myself to go to the trouble of getting MTO and not having leather soles.

What is the obsession with danite, particularly in Britain? So many makers choose it but to me it seems a hard and unforgiving 'rubber' option for chukkas and the like.
All the Dainite soles I have are hard and unforgiving. Harder than leather. Also as slippery as buggery on a wet timber deck. They are all the knobbly ones.

I do not like them.

I wonder if UK people are talking generic rubber when they say Dainite.

I'm talking Dainite. Dainite in 10cm or more of snow and the slush. Leather soles are no good when the ground is like that. Total car crash when its slush and pretty grim when its snow. And it can be snow for upto 4 months here in Norway. Then it melts, freezes overnight, melts and so on for 3-4 weeks. I know their hard but I'll take that over slopping wet anyday.

I prefer Vibram 700/705 over Danite for traction without looking too rugged. It’s all just rubber, but Vibram seems a little less stiff and offers better traction. RMW’s sole (Comfort models and Gardener/Lachlan) is too soft and slippery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom