The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Panama filled his bath with warm water, he then added the finest bath salts from Floris and relaxed with a fine glass of Hennessey. After drying himself with Egyptian Giza cotton towels he relaxed.
He had an appointment at the Savoy grill, but he was in no hurry to dress. He applied his favourite scent, Sex Panther. Then he put on his Turnbull and Asser Sea Island cotton shirt, Pantherella Sea Island cotton socks, and Zimmerli Sea Island cotton boxers. The Sea Island cotton caressed his skin. He put on his Kilgour suit, it was in the recent sale and 50% off.
He picked up a pair of black toe cap Oxford's, they were from Church's. They were made out of corrected grain leather and just looked cheap. He threw them in the bin, and found a pair of Cheaney's. Ah, these looked good and not as narrow as Crockett and Jones which gave him blisters.
He was now set, Scaramanga had text him, he booked an Uber and set off for the Savoy.
Shirt and socks - THEN undies!!!!

Some of the nicest sneakers I've ever seen.

Screenshot (536).png

Nevertheless an absolute no-go with those tailored trosers.
If even someone like bespokeaddict indulges in this aberration, we have to be ready for the worst.

Last edited:
Some of the nicest sneakers I've ever seen.

View attachment 40563

Nevertheless an absolute no-go with those tailored trosers.
Is even someone like bespokeaddict indulges in this aberration, we have to be ready for the worst.
He is wearing those trainers because he is having a gout attack and the pain of wearing welted shoes is too much. Not much of a stylistic choice but a forced one.

I remember when my father got gout for the first time. He didn't know what is was and said that that pain was unbearable. Quite a scary experience.

He is wearing those trainers because he is having a gout attack and the pain of wearing welted shoes is too much. Not much of a stylistic choice but a forced one.

I remember when my father got gout for the first time. He didn't know what is was and said that that pain was unbearable. Quite a scary experience.

I have understanding for that, and clearly comfort and functionality get over style and elegance. Wouldn't be better though to wear training trousers?

I didn't know this Japanese shoemaker, Joe Works: besides the silly sounding name they seem to make good things.

Some examples:

Screenshot (595).png
Screenshot (596).png
Screenshot (597).png
Screenshot (598).png
Screenshot (599).png
Screenshot (601).png

You can get a MTM pair from Materna for around $1,000.

You can also get remote custom MTM from István Tóth for under 400 Euros. There are others.

View attachment 40832

View attachment 40833
i have had very bad luck with online mtm before. it just doesn't seem to translate well between the measurements and the way my foot operates. plus, with the measurements the way they are, i often end up with a giant blob like shoe that doesn't take into account looks.

i have had very bad luck with online mtm before. it just doesn't seem to translate well between the measurements and the way my foot operates. plus, with the measurements the way they are, i often end up with a giant blob like shoe that doesn't take into account looks.
Maftei will send you a box to take an impression of your foot.

I’m imagining some kind of plaster cast, but wondering how you get it off your foot once it has set.

You can get a MTM pair from Materna for around $1,000.

You can also get remote custom MTM from István Tóth for under 400 Euros. There are others.

You might also try De Fumo (favorite of the German forum, it seems), Ripani, Chiappini, or anyone else from Montegranaro. They do everything to make sure the shoes fit, measurements, videos, you can sent them well-fitting shoes or even your own last. They also do cheap trial shoes to get the fit right, if you want to (or they think it is necessary). Though depending on how bad your feet actually look, it might be difficult anywhere to avoid blob shoes without using a very skilled last maker.

Yes, a foam material that captures the shape of your foot. Also common with US cowboy boot makers
is that the little foam box that you step in? i've seen several insole makers offer that service but i've personally seen very mixed results in that field. i know quite a few podiatrists that have gone back to plaster casts to get their patients a better overall fit. since the foam expands outward its difficult if you have a high instep or arch to get a precise measurement.

is that the little foam box that you step in? i've seen several insole makers offer that service but i've personally seen very mixed results in that field. i know quite a few podiatrists that have gone back to plaster casts to get their patients a better overall fit. since the foam expands outward its difficult if you have a high instep or arch to get a precise measurement.
You also send in the measurements that are used for MTM & bespoke.

But, keep cutting down tires to make your flip flops instead

If they are charging that much for sneakers, is it remotely possible that they might be asking a bit too much for their shoes?

Perhaps the big shoo pappas can provide some guidance here.

If they are charging that much for sneakers, is it remotely possible that they might be asking a bit too much for their shoes?

Perhaps the big shoo pappas can provide some guidance here.
That is the whole point. Lower costs to manufacture, and to heck with quality shoe construction. Trade on your name and charge big prices to increase profit. Target dumb customers, and talk about dressing down in style during covid, and comfort (easy to suck people in with those dumb arguments). Numerous big names are doing it now, they are following each other and realise selling to dummies is profitable.

Snob appeal.

Companies realise there are heaps of dumb guys around, that is why it is becoming so popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom