The Biden Presidency

You don't need to keep tally, take from it what you will. I do.

I dig VDH as he's perceptive and very astute on the US situation - at least from my outsider perspective.
I took a VDH class on WW2 at university. He is a kind, astute, but aloof man. When not teaching, one would see him on campus sitting on benches reading while drinking Perrier and wearing hats (maybe a fedora or something of comparable size). Also, his tailor should be shot—always his suits are so ill fitting.

“Adrienne Elrod, a Biden campaign aide who remains close to the West Wing. ’We all believe that he’s running for president,‘ she said.”

“Biden has rung in the new year with a campaign-style tone at a moment when he is at risk of losing influence if Democrats start to see him as a lame duck. With Biden's approval rating mired at 42 percent, Democrats' social safety net and voting rights measures stalled and the midterm elections fast approaching, many Democrats have questioned whether he will — or should — top their ticket in 2024.”

Did I say happy 2023 last week? It’s barely into year two of his presidency and before mid terms. That’s one long campaign if it already started.

That’s one long campaign if it already started.

Well, Trump never stopped campaigning (not that anyone else should actually imitate Trump, of course).

In fact, I'm positive that he preferred campaigning to actually doing the work of being US President. Much easier to stand up in front of a crowd and waffle on with bullshit for an hour or two while they scream your name, compared to sitting in on briefings and having to think hard about difficult issues.

"Biden’s reset plan, senior administration officials said, is to make his conversations with members of Congress less of a public priority and to emphasize spending more time communicating directly with Americans. The officials said that the White House will continue negotiations with Congress over Biden’s legislative priorities but that it would stop releasing details of the talks to the public."

I thought negotiating and finding common ground with members of Congress was his forte and his direct communications with Americans was marred by occasional gaffes.

Disapproval: 52 percent
Approval: 42 percent

Coronavirus: Over the course of the year, the US has undergone three major waves of the virus, and more than 850,000 Americans have died from Covid - the highest recorded national death toll from the global pandemic.

Unemployment: Though total employment remains lower than its pre-pandemic level, jobless claims have dropped to a near 50-year low.

Inflation: Consumer prices were up 7% from December 2020-21, the biggest increase since the 1980s.

Illegal migrants: In 2021, there were almost 2 million encounters between migrants and US border officers, including 165,000 involving minors.

Coronavirus: Over the course of the year, the US has undergone three major waves of the virus, and more than 850,000 Americans have died from Covid - the highest recorded national death toll from the global pandemic.

That is incorrect. That is the amount since the start of the pandemic, not over the last year.

"'This poll would have to be described as bleak, discouraging and truly terrible,' said Republican pollster Bill McInturff of Public Opinion Strategies.

Added Democratic pollster Jeff Horwitt of Hart Research Associates: 'A year into his presidency, Joe Biden's standing with the American people is diminished, and he is a smaller figure than he was when he entered the White House.'"

"I didn't overpromise. I have probably outperformed what anybody thought would happen,"

Survey says...

"'We've tried our best,' Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., told reporters. 'But we've got to be honest with the American people.'"

Go on....

"'I worry about that in just about every Democratic primary we have,' he said. 'We promise anything voters in our party might want. They believe us, and then they're disappointed when it doesn't get done. That happened to Obama, too.'"

Until they become disaffected and stop participating...

I just don't understand people still claim that he is 100% and has done a good job.

Wow that Psaki gal is not to be envied, she has to do spiceresque acrobatics including just plain lying. Sucks to be the speaker for a dementia patient.

I took a VDH class on WW2 at university. He is a kind, astute, but aloof man. When not teaching, one would see him on campus sitting on benches reading while drinking Perrier and wearing hats (maybe a fedora or something of comparable size). Also, his tailor should be shot—always his suits are so ill fitting.
Think he's an off-the-peg type of guy. Imagine being aloof comes with the territory of being a Classicist. Takes some commitment to get Doctorate in that field of pure academics.

Last edited:
They staged a fucking coup to overthrown the government in January! What did he expect?

8E24B8A5-BFBC-403D-B3A3-D5677C3A9537.jpeg

That was a joke....right?

Which part? That the President is trying to get ahead of the political volleys from the GOP for the mid terms by taking over the tough on crime position, or that he can be tough on crime?

Which part? That the President is trying to get ahead of the political volleys from the GOP for the mid terms by taking over the tough on crime position, or that he can be tough on crime?

The "tough on crime" part.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz: is no Angela Merkel
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson: Demeanor s blustery
French President Emmanuel Macron: Wants to be Charles de Gaulle
Russian President Vladimir Putin: A guy with nukes and no friends

"Biden has found a far different dynamic, as most of the world leaders he spent time cultivating relationships with, when he was a senator and then vice president, have left office."

At least he doesn't give them nick names like George W Bush.

"Biden’s the star quarterback, and you can’t fire the star quarterback, so you start looking at the head coach and the offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinator,"

...he was the star quarterback?

"But Biden has long been reluctant to fire veteran aides or bring new ones close. The upper echelon of his administration is full of people who were members of his staff when he was vice president or when he was a senator. They include Klain, deputy chief of staff Bruce Reed, Secretary of State Antony Blinken, advisers Mike Donilon and Steve Ricchetti and national security adviser Jake Sullivan."

That's a long hit list.

No good options to increase approval ratings.
Putin's weighed it up, as the current toothless sanctions do attest: they need me more than I need them.

Any real sanctions that hit, will hurt the European consumer most, particularly when the lights literally go out.

And all because we thought we could out source everything, and live in a state of bewildered enchantment living-off carbon trades, welfare cheques and virtue signalling our strategic energy resources away.

Biden's too old, his side-kick is a cackling disaster, they're going to need someone with some fire to deal with all of this mess. I see Tulsi Gabbard is back on the radar. I like her.

“While 41 percent of Americans approve of the job Biden is doing, 56 percent disapprove, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll. The numbers diverged even more when Americans were asked about the state of the country: Just 33 percent of Americans said the U.S. is going in the right direction, while 67 percent said the country is on the wrong track.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom