The Computer Thread - Desktops, Laptops, Windows, Mac, & Linux

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
Someone bought me one of those Linux television boxes. My old work mate is Indian so there is no shortage of Punjabi, Hindi and even Urdu.

That said I don't have to search for streams for footy now.

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
Sent my Asus ROG 49-inch strix xg49 vq for repair, Asus is going to replace it with a Rog strix xg438q. Let's see how this goes.

Fwiffo

Supporter
The numbers seem indicate a downgrade unless the q means something else.

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
20220726_163952.jpg

Monitor arrived. Though the dimensions are smaller, the monitor is huge at 43 inches. This is definitely a gaming monitor. I am satisfied.

Fwiffo

Supporter
not that far, lol

Wtf my tv is 48” or 50” iirc

Back when 37" Aquos LCD was bleeding edge I recall there was an optimal sitting distance based on the resolution of the picture on the screen.

My personal experience is if I am less than 1 metre away from a massive screen my eyes start getting irritated from everything moving on screen at whatever hertz and probably in an ill configured torch mode brightness setting.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I finally upgraded to Windows 11. The first thing I did was move the start button back to the lower left hand corner.

When Satya Nadella took over Microsoft he said Windows 10 was likely the final standalone operating system running on a computer. Now we have Windows 11 which looks like Windows 10 with some more colourful icons.

Top Bottom