The corduroy trousers thread

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
I think it is well overdue to start this thread. I am a big fan of corduroy trousers, not the modern jean cut cords or any narrow wales, but the traditional baggy old man corduroy trousers with pleats, wide wales and wide legs. I definitely know what l like, my tastes haven't changed for decades.

Who likes corduroy trousers, and what types do you like?

Here is a post that brought back memories of the corduroy in the old days that was thick and made to last. It reminded me of what l have been chasing all these years and have been unable to find. This bloke knows what he is talking about, he knows what REAL cords are: not the modern girly-man stuff, but the real stuff when boys were boys.
Corduroy post.jpg

I want to talk a lot more about cords, but this will do for now. Tell us about what types of cords you like, and do you buy the good ones or the cheap ones?

For me, cords are something you can't skimp on. More on that later.

Kingstonian

I think it is well overdue to start this thread. I am a big fan of corduroy trousers, not the modern jean cut cords or any narrow wales, but the traditional baggy old man corduroy trousers with pleats, wide wales and wide legs. I definitely know what l like, my tastes haven't changed for decades.

Who likes corduroy trousers, and what types do you like?

The Dubliners ? Britches?

Big Daddies.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing

Panama

I have around five heavy cords from BB. My favourite colours are honey and pecan I believe.

QuandoDio

Pleats don't do well with Corduroy IMO. Corduroy (and velvet), and moleskin two an extent don't do well with pleats. Both for form and function.

I have 3 types of cords: few old pairs RTW from Incotex (I think, the BENN model but not sure) which is not bad actually, if a bit thin with medium rise and cordings

I have/had two other types from; 2 pairs from the fated Zegna's cashco ( a mistake IMO and perhaps better as suits or maybe I am not much of a baller to appreciate cashmere and corduroy.

My favourite: Brisbane Moss.

My ideal colours; fawn, dark olive, russet (difficult to find nowadays), dark brown and corn.

Kingstonian

Pleats don't do well with Corduroy IMO. Corduroy (and velvet), and moleskin two an extent don't do well with pleats. Both for form and function.

I have 3 types of cords: few old pairs RTW from Incotex (I think, the BENN model but not sure) which is not bad actually, if a bit thin with medium rise and cordings

I have/had two other types from; 2 pairs from the fated Zegna's cashco ( a mistake IMO and perhaps better as suits or maybe I am not much of a baller to appreciate cashmere and corduroy.

My favourite: Brisbane Moss.

My ideal colours; fawn, dark olive, russet (difficult to find nowadays), dark brown and corn.
Corn is a vivid yellow colour - full Nigel Farage. So it will stand out. It is not just a variation on fawn or khaki.

Pine green is not a bad colour for moleskin.

QuandoDio

Corn is a vivid yellow colour - full Nigel Farage. So it will stand out. It is not just a variation on fawn or khaki.

Pine green is not a bad colour for moleskin.

I am well aware of the colour corn in Cords as I have a pair. It doesn't stand out that much tbh. Maybe I am just oblivious. I seldom wear them in the city though.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Thruth Thruth what is the quality like? The cashco is Zegna isn't it? How many inches wide do you like the hem of your trousers?

Holland & Sherry 22.5 oz corduroy and 20 oz moleskins. Pity they don't make wool corduroy.

Last edited:

florisgreen

I love corduroy, even more as I also love tweed and they are perfect partners in my opinion. I prefer my cord trousers with a flat front, but with generous room and wide at the hem 22/24 cm. Regarding colours I prefer all the tones of brown and green, but I also have blue and red. Rust and honey are also beautiful and very versatile. Something original would be a medium grey. A tweed coat with cord trousers, a cotton shirt and a cashmere or wool jumper or cardigan is my favourite combination. Add a pair of worthy shoes and nice socks to complete it.

Top Bottom