The Firearms & Sport Shooting Thread

Jan Libourel

Ratings
Regarding the coffee article, there was no suggestion, as I recall, that it was sponsored, and I don't recollect the Black Rifle Coffee Company having been mentioned. The subtitle was "The caffeinated warrior," and the premise was that in a doomsday scenario you may have to forego grinding your own choice roasts and make do with instants. The author said that he drank three or four pots a day. To my mind that is drug addiction, pure and simple.

As to the matter of gun magazines doing well, I was given a recent issue of Guns & Ammo that had their publisher's statement about circulation in it. Back when I was on staff at G&A in the 1980s, a good month would be 150,000+ on the newsstand, a great month about 180,000, a dreadful month, 135,000. We typically had about 450,000 subscribers. In the recent publisher's statement, G&A had about 350,000 subscribers, and newsstand was down to less than 25,000. For those who don't know the magazine industry, you normally don't make any money on subscriptions, they are only useful as a tool for selling advertising.

Last edited:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
443E13C7-CD60-4A2C-9B8E-B974921CACAD.jpeg

Just finished cleaning up after a morning at the range. I’m surprised me skills are still sharp given how little I shoot these days.

There was another group on the range shooting a select fire AK and AR. The later started activating some old sense memories, which definitely added to the experience.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
I missed the IDPA round last month, but met a guy at work who does biathlon matches and have been thinking about trying that out for fun.

Meanwhile, today I met up with a mate to punch some paper. Indoor static range - no running and gunning.

C5C6C05E-2C42-458A-8B4F-683C60CBC3E2.jpeg E8388CC7-60D7-4BA9-AA10-43556FB16CBC.jpeg

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
I did an IDPA match today and felt pretty good about my performance. I didn’t get a trophy, but I feel I shot well and am still in good condition. There were guys twenty years younger complaining about the heat and gasping for breath at the end of each stage, since it was a pretty physical course.

Top Bottom