The Food Thread

Give me a cuy/cat arapea, you tacky spanish.

20111214-bean-soup-arepas-pork-stew-primary-thumb-625xauto-231934.jpeg

<3 <3 <3 <3 proper food for real men.

My step dad is currently in Bolivia for an assignment, I bother him with that shit all day long. They eat guinea pig stew, wondering how that shit looks or taste.

Reminds me of West Africa, where one of the staple foods is a soup or stew made from a local rat-like creature, called a "grass-cutter". It's commonly eaten with a bread made from cassava (breadfruit) called fu-fu.

Perhaps surprisingly, grasscutter and fu-fu soup isn't bad.

On the topic of quail eggs (which is waaaay off topic from footwear), there's a dish called murtabak/martabak which is very popular in Indonesia which is rather like a savoury crepe and the filling often includes a cooked quail egg. Absolutely delicious.

Grand Potentate Grand Potentate - Perhaps all of this discussion should be moved to some sort of food thread?

My step dad is currently in Bolivia for an assignment, I bother him with that shit all day long. They eat guinea pig stew, wondering how that shit looks or taste.

Bolivian stew is watery, at least the shit they fed me

I think you are being nice about this, but Journeyman Journeyman , I derailed the fuck out of this thread.

Canadians fuck everything up. Except my honorary dad in law (thruth)
Bolivian stew is watery, at least the shit they fed me
Where in Bolivia were you? My step dad is in Santa Cruz doing the engineering part for some new refineries or something. Usually he eats steaks and bbq over there and tells me the meat over there is great.

Where in Bolivia were you? My step dad is in Santa Cruz doing the engineering part for some new refineries or something. Usually he eats steaks and bbq over there and tells me the meat over there is great.

Used to spend 2 months per year there between 1994 and 2000. Started out in Cochabamba and then moved over to Trinidad in the Beni which is not too far from Santa Cruz by air.

Santa Cruz has great food. Bolivian beef isn't bad but they import Argintinian beef which is killer. Armadillo saltenas. Tasty. National dish is pique macho
feria-del-pique-macho-cochabamba-bolivia-cochabandido-blog.jpg

Silpancho (missing the two fried eggs on top)
image.jpg

Tell your step dad there is a great Chinese restaurant in the Hotel Lido if he wants a break from all the beef

I will tell him that, thank you! So far the best place where he has worked so far as an Oil consultant was Russia. The food was great, people were great, and he had access to all sorts of food. He told me that when he went to the supermarket the isles there were by country so he had the opportunity to try all sorts of weird.

They are putting Sriracha in everything these days
This is true. Last week, I did not know the name of the rooster sauce, but somehow how I came home with a jar of mustard and a bag of chips, both sriracha flavored.

Hey LelandJ LelandJ , who would of thunk that Pandas have their own natural, organic, gluten free, non-blood peanut butter, environmentally friendly cereal?

A healthy Panda is a happy Panda.
image.jpg

I'll try anything at least once. I haven't had anything aged into the three digits though. For that amount of money, I reckon it might be better to chase waygu or something.

I think I was with someone who said he had to see the grotesque piece of meat and how they hacked off the mould in front of him when he ordered it.

That said, I'd be equally happy trying that burger that was grown in a laboratory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom