The Food Thread

John Lee Pettimore III

Supporter
I've moved on from smoking bone marrow to smoking bacon. And, by that, I don't mean smoking pork belly to make bacon. I mean taking higher quality bacon from the supermarket and cooking it in the smoker. So good. Last Saturday I consumed a pound of bacon in one sitting this way (in the form of two fairly large BLTs).

Fucking delicious. I need to line up my next smoking project - any suggestions? I'm seriously considering smoking a filet mignon.

I've moved on from smoking bone marrow to smoking bacon. And, by that, I don't mean smoking pork belly to make bacon. I mean taking higher quality bacon from the supermarket and cooking it in the smoker. So good. Last Saturday I consumed a pound of bacon in one sitting this way (in the form of two fairly large BLTs).

Fucking delicious. I need to line up my next smoking project - any suggestions? I'm seriously considering smoking a filet mignon.

Mackerel. Unless this is a land animal only thing.

Duck breasts. Soak them in red wine, peppercorns, bay leaves, sugar and salt for a day or so, then smoke them. Slice very thinly and serve with a salad of mixed leaves (whatever you can get your mitts on this time of year), tart apples fried in butter, and some warm Puy lentils if you want to make a substantial lunch. Women like it too.

2015-03-08 20.35.58.jpg

So this happened.

damn that looks tasty LKP LKP . what are all those things?
thanks for the merger - didnt notice this thread...

here we go...

pic 1:
suluguni - a salty georgian cheese
mixed pickles
ajapsandali - a kind of vegetable ragout
georgian lavash bread

pic 2:
khinkali - georgian dumplings, filled with beef and pig

pic 3:
shashlik made from lamb and beef

pic 4:
napoleon - a russian kind of mille-feuille

Orthorexia nervosa - when healthy eating is no longer healthy
Orthorexia nervosa - when healthy eating is no longer healthy (EUFIC)
A new type of eating disorder is emerging where people are becoming obsessed with eating to improve their health. According to the Swiss Food Association, this new wave of nutritional obsession, known as ‘Orthorexia’ or ‘Orthorexia nervosa’, from the Greek “orthos” meaning right and correct, and “orexis” meaning appetite, is reaching worrying proportions

Okay, when were Chileans/Venezuelan famous for eating Guinea Pigs? lol

Got feet like a guinea pig.

Those feet are pretty small:

034_guinea_pig.jpg

The only place I know of in South America (or anywhere, really) where guinea pigs are commonly eaten is Peru, where they are called "cuy" and commonly eaten fried (as above) or roasted.

Those feet are pretty small:

034_guinea_pig.jpg

The only place I know of in South America (or anywhere, really) where guinea pigs are commonly eaten is Peru, where they are called "cuy" and commonly eaten fried (as above) or roasted.
Correct. Chileans done eat cuy for the most part. I'm sure some Peruvians have smuggled it in by now though

Don't know about any rodents but had a quail first time in long time couple days ago fantastic.

My step dad is currently in Bolivia for an assignment, I bother him with that shit all day long. They eat guinea pig stew, wondering how that shit looks or taste.

Don't know about any rodents but had a quail first time in long time couple days ago fantastic.

Quail eggs are great! I miss eating that with arepas. Oh arepas, the greatest piece of breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever the fuck you want it for ever.

Usually when we eat arepas filled with them we boil them and then just salt and pink sauce. Fucking yummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom