The Fragrance Thread & SOTD

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
linen like the fabric or linen like laundry?

i didn't know linen fabric had a particular scent.
Thank you!! Full story: I’ll go ahead and get ouds/spicy/ vanilla/ tobacco/leather type scents that I like, but I figured I’d get one that the missus likes - since she seems to be wrinkling her nose at whatever I try on these days. When I asked her to describe a cologne she does like all she could come up with is ‘the smell of crisp linen’, which I took to mean the fabric and was more confused than ever. But maybe it’s a mild detergent smell, hahah.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Thank you!! Full story: I’ll go ahead and get ouds/spicy/ vanilla/ tobacco/leather type scents that I like, but I figured I’d get one that the missus likes - since she seems to be wrinkling her nose at whatever I try on these days. When I asked her to describe a cologne she does like all she could come up with is ‘the smell of crisp linen’, which I took to mean the fabric and was more confused than ever. But maybe it’s a mild detergent smell, hahah.
ask her to clarify. or better yet take her to a saks or a neimans and go fragrance testing together.

Panama

Do you guys rate Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte?

For a unisex fragrance, I always considered it masculine and we were in the Bijenkorf department store last weekend and had a whiff and it still smells the same to me. Last time I bought some must be nearly 20 years ago now.
The original, yes.

Pimpernel Smith

As it's the Black Friday sales, thought I'd see what the reduction was on the Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, but they only had the sampler left. Tried the Hermes Rhubarbe Ecarlate, wow instant hit and bought the 50ml immediately, for €51.00. Now I'm not so sure, the kids have said it smells a bit more feminine then masculine and think they may be right. I'll try it again tomorrow as it was layered on Taylor of Bond Street's Tobacco Leaf aftershave.

I'm a sucker for those citrus colognes and Hermes are very good at it. Something vibrant for the lock down ahead, effervescent.

Pimpernel Smith

That Hermes Rhubarbe Ecarlate is good stuff, it's just an instant kick. Could even be a hangover cure. Not something you would splash on every day, but in the mood, it's going to really deliver.

Reminds me a bit of Penhaligon's Limes, gets limited release every couple of years. Unisex yet masculine and powerful in the right cirumstances.

QuandoDio

Byredo Blanche could be an option for her.
Smells clean.
This. Our even better, -provided, you have no outstanding body odour issues- go sans scent.

I bathe twice daily. Sometimes, three if I have a mid-morning/ early afternoon work out and tbh I seldom use fragrance these days. Other than light deodorant and cream/lotion (which I make myself).

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
This. Our even better, -provided, you have no outstanding body odour issues- go sans scent.

I bathe twice daily. Sometimes, three if I have a mid-morning/ early afternoon work out and tbh I seldom use fragrance these days. Other than light deodorant and cream/lotion (which I make myself).
You’re an odd duck

Pimpernel Smith

In the sales I got the original Hermes Orange Verte and the Citron Noir too. Again good stuff, Not for everyday, but if you've got a good rotation of colognes and aftershaves on the go, they fit in nicely.

Top Bottom