The Fragrance Thread & SOTD

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I gotta do my stupid Xmas wishlist so my brother and sister in law can buy me something. I picked a few scents that I like, but I guess it will depend on whether they are shopping Amazon or in-store this year. I went with:

Acqua di Parma Oud, Mancera Aoud Vanille and Valentino Yellow Dream.

Open to other suggestions though.

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
I gotta do my stupid Xmas wishlist so my brother and sister in law can buy me something. I picked a few scents that I like, but I guess it will depend on whether they are shopping Amazon or in-store this year. I went with:

Acqua di Parma Oud, Mancera Aoud Vanille and Valentino Yellow Dream.

Open to other suggestions though.
How much are they trying to spend? Some of those are pricey.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Saks is having a good sale of anyone is interested in splitting something.
Thanks. I’ll wait till after Xmas to get anything new.

I added this one to my list. Not my favorite, but the musk and sandalwood is a nice change from all the ouds and spices.

BE703488-3CEE-4474-887B-37D644F94843.jpeg

Grand Potentate

Thanks. I’ll wait till after Xmas to get anything new.

I added this one to my list. Not my favorite, but the musk and sandalwood is a nice change from all the ouds and spices.

View attachment 45574
i think we split that previously. its a really lovely fragrance. hell i might be able to part you out some of my bottle if you like.

Grand Potentate

Grand Potentate

bloomingdales also doing 15% off.

as an aside, since when did Penhaligon fragrances cost $250 and up???

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Let me know what you think of the byredo sample. I was excited for it but thought it ended up being a bit of a letdown.
Yeh, it’s a bit too sweet for me. I don’t hate it in very small amounts, but it’s not one that I’d buy.

Grand Potentate

Tried out the new Hermes H24 EdP. It’s a stark improvement from the EdT. Almost 8 hours later and I still smell it on my skin and it’s gotten good reviews so far. Need another trial or two but this one might be a winner.

Grand Potentate

There’s also a new version of Hermes Terre d’Hermes called Eau Givree. Got a sample to take home and it smelled very impressive on the sample card.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
BC57BAC1-1F38-4053-A76C-3A1F485BCE7D.jpeg

I got a sample of this one and Mrs Dropbear likes it. Kinda sweet and earthy. It’s not my favorite, but I like it - not overpowering and suitable for day wear.

Grand Potentate

Amouage has two new scents coming out.

Tried out Amouage Interlude Black Iris. Very odd scent. On one arm I smelled vanilla and powder. On the other arm it was a mossy woods smoky scent. I liked the mossy arm. The other arm smelled like shit. Not sure what to make of that but if it was the latter it would definitely be worth trying again.

Top Bottom