The Fragrance Thread & SOTD

I gotta do my stupid Xmas wishlist so my brother and sister in law can buy me something. I picked a few scents that I like, but I guess it will depend on whether they are shopping Amazon or in-store this year. I went with:

Acqua di Parma Oud, Mancera Aoud Vanille and Valentino Yellow Dream.

Open to other suggestions though.

I gotta do my stupid Xmas wishlist so my brother and sister in law can buy me something. I picked a few scents that I like, but I guess it will depend on whether they are shopping Amazon or in-store this year. I went with:

Acqua di Parma Oud, Mancera Aoud Vanille and Valentino Yellow Dream.

Open to other suggestions though.
How much are they trying to spend? Some of those are pricey.

Saks is having a good sale of anyone is interested in splitting something.
Thanks. I’ll wait till after Xmas to get anything new.

I added this one to my list. Not my favorite, but the musk and sandalwood is a nice change from all the ouds and spices.

BE703488-3CEE-4474-887B-37D644F94843.jpeg

Thanks. I’ll wait till after Xmas to get anything new.

I added this one to my list. Not my favorite, but the musk and sandalwood is a nice change from all the ouds and spices.

View attachment 45574
i think we split that previously. its a really lovely fragrance. hell i might be able to part you out some of my bottle if you like.

i think we split that previously. its a really lovely fragrance. hell i might be able to part you out some of my bottle if you like.
If you have some to spare, I wouldn’t say no.

These are the others on my current list:

F53F4F70-DA13-4717-B8D2-C7A1837DA461.jpeg
46E08EEF-EF76-4C44-AFBE-EB7896AAFB77.jpeg
F9AD4865-DB3A-463F-887F-769EB695B0CD.jpeg

bloomingdales also doing 15% off.

as an aside, since when did Penhaligon fragrances cost $250 and up???

Let me know what you think of the byredo sample. I was excited for it but thought it ended up being a bit of a letdown.
Yeh, it’s a bit too sweet for me. I don’t hate it in very small amounts, but it’s not one that I’d buy.

Tried out the new Hermes H24 EdP. It’s a stark improvement from the EdT. Almost 8 hours later and I still smell it on my skin and it’s gotten good reviews so far. Need another trial or two but this one might be a winner.

There’s also a new version of Hermes Terre d’Hermes called Eau Givree. Got a sample to take home and it smelled very impressive on the sample card.

BC57BAC1-1F38-4053-A76C-3A1F485BCE7D.jpeg

I got a sample of this one and Mrs Dropbear likes it. Kinda sweet and earthy. It’s not my favorite, but I like it - not overpowering and suitable for day wear.

Amouage has two new scents coming out.

Tried out Amouage Interlude Black Iris. Very odd scent. On one arm I smelled vanilla and powder. On the other arm it was a mossy woods smoky scent. I liked the mossy arm. The other arm smelled like shit. Not sure what to make of that but if it was the latter it would definitely be worth trying again.

I’m done now. For an oud, this is pretty light and fresh. Easily appropriate for the day and workplace.

DA4F2211-FEE1-4ABA-AC66-92F8C27F9AC5.jpeg

Edit: it doesn’t last long enough, but I’m really loving this one. Definitely in my all time top three now!

Last edited:
Tried a sample of this one recently. It’s more floral than I usually wear, but still rather nice:

Tried a sample of this one recently. It’s more floral than I usually wear, but still rather nice:

Tried the Halfeti Leather a few weeks ago. It lasts forever, had to scrub it from my arm and had to wash the sweater I was wearing. Smells nice though.

Tried the Halfeti Leather a few weeks ago. It lasts forever, had to scrub it from my arm and had to wash the sweater I was wearing. Smells nice though.
is there more than one Halfeti? the one dropsy linked doesn't have any leather in it.

It is very nice. Only had one try in the store so far. Better than the leathery oud thing from Creed (Royal Oud maybe? Don’t remember) which I tried in parallel.
creed royal oud sucks. I might have to try a sample of that.

Tried parfums de marly Kalan. Interesting scent. Very strong. Can’t tell if I think it’s overpowering or not.

was at sephora and they didn't have anything new so i decided to give tom ford private blend ebony fume a try again. have to say this is way nicer than i remember it being. doghouse doghouse did you ever try this one?

was at sephora and they didn't have anything new so i decided to give tom ford private blend ebony fume a try again. have to say this is way nicer than i remember it being. doghouse doghouse did you ever try this one?

No actually not, which is surprising. How heavy is it? I have been sticking to TF mostly in the winter, other than the Costa Azzura.

No actually not, which is surprising. How heavy is it? I have been sticking to TF mostly in the winter, other than the Costa Azzura.
Not light at all but I wouldn’t describe it as cloying. It’s kind of a cross between tobacco vanille and the discontinued amber scent with a hint of musk in there. It honestly wasn’t bad and I’m going to have to give it another try.

I’ve been wearing tobacco vanille a lot this month. The bottle was getting low and I was anll into the ouds for a long time, but I’m getting back into some old faves lately.

tried it again today. have to say this lasts FOREVER. after 8 hours its dried down to a light leathery/powdery/flowery note which is surprisingly not bad for this late in the day. definitely not for all seasons though. this might make a nice unisex if the wife is into stronger scents.

tried it again today. have to say this lasts FOREVER. after 8 hours its dried down to a light leathery/powdery/flowery note which is surprisingly not bad for this late in the day. definitely not for all seasons though. this might make a nice unisex if the wife is into stronger scents.

That's been my experience with damn near all TF stuff. It last eons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom