The Hugo Jacomet thread

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
"We are going to welcome this world with bespoke suits made by artisans with impeccable shoos with beautiful sox with artisan's um um shirts. We want to welcome the new world, impeccable, we wanna be posh" - Hugo Jacomet

Hugo makes me laugh, this man is like a kid in a candy store, seems full on addicted at the moment. He used to have discipline and order 2 suits a year, but now it looks like he has gone crazy and is ordering suits all around the world. I think he has given up trying to be disciplined. I really love his enthusiasm, especially in the second half of the video.

This is his own thread where we can keep tabs on him.

Last edited:
"We are going to welcome this world with bespoke suits made by artisans with impeccable shoos with beautiful sox with artisan's um um shirts. We want to welcome the new world, impeccable, we wanna be posh" - Hugo Jacomet

Hugo makes me laugh, this man is like a kid in a candy store, seems full on addicted at the moment. He used to have discipline and order 2 suits a year, but now it looks like he has gone crazy and is ordering suits all around the world. I think he has given up trying to be disciplined. I really love his enthusiasm, especially in the second half of the video.

I like his videos. ;)

I like his videos. ;)
Both his videos and his wife's, Sonya's, are full to the brim of passion and I don't believe it's false. It's ad copy alright, but no different to any other journalistic enterprise in broad sheets and down to the tabloids. And they do it with more substance than The Telegraph in the UK, who's fashion and style content is very poor indeed.

Sonya looks really great in masculine clothes. She has that Annie Hall style nailed.

The last part of that video is really apt and I agree time for us to go full-on sartorial elegance as this state of house arrest ends. Or in defiance of it, as our masters seek to extend and segue seamlessly into the Climate Emergency.

Whether you can afford bespoke or not, dig Italian/Brit or American style completely or only one and damn the rest, the sentiment from Hugo is where it's at!

What did we get from Simon Crompton as his tonic for the virus and lockdowns: The image of bespoke tailoring is sports cars, cigar and whisky smoking gents with young ladies of dubious repute...I reject this as a family man and I'm going to the lounge and leisure wear demographic as a nearly 40 year old bald head.

Both his videos and his wife's, Sonya's, are full to the brim of passion and I don't believe it's false. It's ad copy alright, but no different to any other journalistic enterprise in broad sheets and down to the tabloids. And they do it with more substance than The Telegraph in the UK, who's fashion and style content is very poor indeed.

Sonya looks really great in masculine clothes. She has that Annie Hall style nailed.

The last part of that video is really apt and I agree time for us to go full-on sartorial elegance as this state of house arrest ends. Or in defiance of it, as our masters seek to extend and segue seamlessly into the Climate Emergency.

Whether you can afford bespoke or not, dig Italian/Brit or American style completely or only one and damn the rest, the sentiment from Hugo is where it's at!

What did we get from Simon Crompton as his tonic for the virus and lockdowns: The image of bespoke tailoring is sports cars, cigar and whisky smoking gents with young ladies of dubious repute...I reject this as a family man and I'm going to the lounge and leisure wear demographic as a nearly 40 year old bald head.
Hugo has style and passion.

I do not like people who are dishonest, pretending to be passionate, to make a living. I also regard his hairdo and nose with contempt. His “taste” in shoos is despicable, albeit french. I have lived in this country for quite a while and they “like” pointy clown shoos.

I do not like people who are dishonest, pretending to be passionate, to make a living. I also regard his hairdo and nose with contempt. His “taste” in shoos is despicable, albeit french. I have lived in this country for quite a while and they “like” pointy clown shoos.
I couldn't get beyond a minute of looking at that hair and listening to his 'come hither' call to the gulliible.

Despite his eclectic sartorial taste and grooming, his write ups are decent.

but his trousers.....

1619641997722.jpeg

I find Mr Jacomet very passionate and genuine. I actually have rather different tastes, but it's undeniable that he has style. I don't share, for example his love for suits, as I much more go for a jacket/coat and trousers of different fabrics and colours. Among the different pieces he presents in this video some are really terrible in my eyes: the German red suit is unwatchable and so the uniform jacket, but it's maybe something intended as funny. Neither I like that double-breasted he calls gangster suit: I like a double-breasted as a 6on2 like his first one from Sartoria Ripense in Rome (by the way I know them and was considering to have something made). I would also never commission/wear a cashmere lime suit as that he's waiting for. Nice instead the check and the windowpane jackets in working in Naples. In the video some nice Gaziano&Girling shoes are recognizable.

florisgreen florisgreen Sartoria Ripense suits, especially double-breasted ones, are great. Unlike this grey-haired clown who commissions horrible things in order to show off and disguises his lack of unobtrusive elegance with calling it „funny“.

florisgreen florisgreen Sartoria Ripense suits, especially double-breasted ones, are great. Unlike this grey-haired clown who commissions horrible things in order to show off and disguises his lack of unobtrusive elegance with calling it „funny“.
I think you should be more tolerant: even though you don't like his style, he's engaged to propagate mens elegance. As I said, I don't share (mostly) his preferences, but I appreciate men who have an own bold style. Moreover I wouldn't underrate the entertainment character of his videos.

Last edited:
„Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.“ Aristotle

„Tolerance is no high virtue but, often, only the expression of abysmal and contemptible stupidity.” Hans-Hermann Hoppe

I think you should be more tolerant: even though you don't like his style, he's engaged to propagate mens elegance. As I said, I don't share (mostly) his preferences, but I appreciate men who have an own bold style. Moreover I wouldn't underrate the entertainment carachter of his videos.
If you need entertainment, there are a mass of old Sesame Street clips on Youtube. The characters invariably have more honesty and style.

As long as we can agree he's just to be laughed at that's fine. Looking at his nose it's clear he had something round and red recently attached.

I mean, the Pitti Uomo photo diaries would be significantly less fun without our Parisian Gentleman.

Let’s not forget he has a “girlfriend” (at around 55) who not only has the crazy eyes stare but wears masculine attire.

I mean, the Pitti Uomo photo diaries would be significantly less fun without our Parisian Gentleman.
Right. If we start taking Coco seriously the whole notion, and indeed the entire theory and practice of menswear Big Daddery, becomes as shaky as the claims by the former president of the USA that he had a clue what he was doing.

Part of the French sartorial scene knows he is a fraud and a shill, he also lacks technical knowledge in many of the field he claims to be an expert in.
For those who might not know it, he was a producer/advertiser. Aaaaand all of his companies magically went bankrupt. That was before he started his new commercial endeavor, Parisian Shillman. He actually filed for personal bankruptcy and is still technically considered bankrupt.... It was all a bit too obvious and for a while he was what is called in French law "interdit de gestion" (loosely translated, it means he can't legally run a company anymore). It's a measure that is taken against company owners who have done a bit of embezzlement (among other things).
I wish I could be as banckrupt as he is, he renovated a historical house fairly recently and his kitchen range is worth more than 10K€. Among certain circles he has earned the nickname of "Jewcomet". Which I think is rather funny.

EDIT: typos.

Let’s not forget he has a “girlfriend” (at around 55) who not only has the crazy eyes stare but wears masculine attire.
She looks pretty good for 55. I can't fault it. Classy lady actually. Unlike you.

Are you saying you would respect him more if he had a girlfriend 20-25 years younger than him?
I wish I could be as banckrupt as he is, he renovated a historical house fairly recently and his kitchen range is woth more than 10K€. Among certain circles he has earned the nickname of "Jewcomet". Which I think is rather funny.
Have you renovated a kitchen lately? 10K is nothing.

Can you post, or direct us to the businesses and personal bankruptancy details? Most of this stuff should be in the public domain, I'm sure you can get it for us.

Why does the nickname ''Jewcomet'' make you laugh. It looks pretty tawdry staring at me.

Part of the French sartorial scene knows he is a fraud and a shill, he also lacks technical knowledge in many of the field he claims to be an expert in.
For those who might not know it, he was a producer/advertiser. Aaaaand all of his companies magically went bankrupt. That was before he started his new commercial endeavor, Parisian Shillman. He actually filed for personal bankruptcy and is still technically considered bankrupt.... It was all a bit too obvious and for a while he was what is called in French law "interdit de gestion" (loosely translated, it means he can't legally run a company anymore). It's a measure that is taken against company owners who have done a bit of embezzlement (among other things).
I wish I could be as banckrupt as he is, he renovated a historical house fairly recently and his kitchen range is worth more than 10K€. Among certain circles he has earned the nickname of "Jewcomet". Which I think is rather funny.

EDIT: typos.
Thank you for the information. Jewcomet even exceeds the highly negative image I had of him. This man oozes shadyness by his eyes, his gestures, his everything. Pourquoi appelle-t-on ce monsieur Jewcomet? Est-il un juif?

From the first article I read on Parisian Shillman, it was clear to me that he is trying to become an authority and secretly squeezing money out of it.

Thank you for the information. Jewcomet even exceeds the highly negative image I had of him. This man oozes shadyness by his eyes, his gestures, his everything. Pourquoi appelle-t-on ce monsieur Jewcomet? Est-il un juif?

From the first article I read on Parisian Shillman, it was clear to me that he is trying to become an authority and secretly squeezing money out of it.
Your German aren't you?

Please do not try to lead us astray from this very interesting information which has inspired a lot of discussion already.

Please do not try to lead us astray from these very interesting information which has inspired a lot of discussion already.
There's three things I cannot stand, anti-semitic Austrians, French and Germans. And your at least one of them.

So why don't you piss-off and do your jew-baiting elsewhere.

And that's why you didn't dig my avatar.

Your sussed.

The kitchen range by itself is 10k. You want the make and model as well?

And of course, I have all the details to back up my claims:
Personal bankruptcy: https://www.bodacc.fr/annonce/detail-annonce/A/20190028/2558
Interdiction de gestion (not being able to run a company) https://www.bodacc.fr/annonce/detail-annonce/A/20140182/2329

Would you like me to go and dig up all the documents about his previous companies as well?

As for Jewcomet, his current house is next to a street called "rue des juifs". ("Jew's street"). And a lot of tailors (at least in France) were jews (Arnys being the most famous one) and known to shortchange people a bit (that part is just a reputation thing, I am not saying it's true). I don't really know exactly where the nickname comes from, but I think those two things might have something t do with it.

By the way, I have nothing against jews. I just find the nickname funny when put in the context of a professional shill as Jacomet.

I am amused at your behaviour, Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith . Within 10 minutes you’ve come a long way from attributing to someone a “lack of class” to insulting millions of people and calling me an Anti-Semite. I wonder who is classy, here.

I am amused at your behaviour, Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith . Within 10 minutes you’ve come a long way from attributing to someone a “lack of class” to insulting millions of people and calling me an Anti-Semite. I wonder who is classy, here.
I call you an anti-semite because that's what you are, your spinning anti-semitic tropes here: ''This man oozes shadyness by his eyes, his gestures, his everything. Pourquoi appelle-t-on ce monsieur Jewcomet? Est-il un juif?''

I don't insult millions of people, only you. Because you're a bigot.

I frankly don't think it's relevamt in this discussion whether Mr Jacomet is/was bankrupt. It has nothing to do with style and elegance. As I said, he has some merits for trying to promote mens elegance. A moral judgement is not pertinent here.

So dieworkwear, blue loafers, shoegazing, permanent style are all shills who get to be crapped on but somehow the biggest shill of them all is a man of style and elegance? What is this nonsense? The guy got all his Cifonelli suits for free, he worked with countless companies, (including Passaggio), has trousers with an opening as big as Fok's asshole, but he is distinguished? I mean, his russian oligarch style is just distasteful... and his personality is not any better.

I also forgot to mention despite being legally banckrupt, he litterally has a ton of cash and still beggs for Patreon monies...

He is litterraly boasting about "being independant" and "being free" while there isn't a dick he hasn't sucked in the industry.

Last edited:
I frankly don't think it's relevamt in this discussion whether Mr Jacomet is/was bankrupt. It has nothing to do with style and elegance. As I said, he has some merits for trying to promote mens elegance. A moral judgement is not pertinent here.
And nor does his alleged spending 10K on a new kitchen which actually proves he's quite modest because new kitchens are double expensive.

I take Hugo's videos at face value, he's not selling anything to me and I don't perceive it as such. It's better ad copy and style advice than I get in the Brit broadsheets.

Going bankrupt is not a necessarily a moral failure: bad paying clients, great order books but bank gives you the finger, etc, etc. There's loads of reasons, some of them bad too if you're a degenerate gambler or such like.

Also he may have bounced back already and paid off his creditors which may explain the alleged 10K kitchen.

The stuff about his shady eyes, including his wife's, gestures and then in French maybe because he's a Jew? Sorry that's anti-semetic tropes and has no place on a sartorial forum. IMCO.

Are you retarded? Or can't you read? His kitchen didn't cost him 10k, the KITCHEN RANGE did, a fucking stove.
45883414_534306927087503_6179664572755162410_n.jpg

That's from his wife's instagram. And that's a Lacanche Cluny.... it costs at least 10k....

And his companies didn't go bankrupt due to "bad buisness". it was a case of embezzlement. A fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom