The knitwear thread

No experience with ESK, but it looks really nice stuff.

They are middle of the road. Decent quality for the price. Thicker than the usual ltalian knits priced similarly.

Lockie is a good buy too. Lots of cashmere for not too much. Good midend. I'd doubt there is any highend cashmere anymore from Scotland.

Thanks. Let me ask this a different way: if you were going to buy a basic, new 2 or 3 ply turtleneck from a Scottish mill these days in... say the $3-500 range, where would you buy? The top quality Hermes and other designer stuff is out for me, and I’m not interested in the Italian knits.

Thanks. Let me ask this a different way: if you were going to buy a basic, new 2 or 3 ply turtleneck from a Scottish mill these days in... say the $3-500 range, where would you buy? The top quality Hermes and other designer stuff is out for me, and I’m not interested in the Italian knits.

William Lockie.

I did get your PM. I'll get back to that.

William Lockie.

I did get your PM. I'll get back to that.

I haven't found any source for two-ply turtlenecks from Lockie so far. You can find the Oxton in Mr. Porter and the other online shops mentioned earlier in this thread but it's only one-ply.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and also to the thread but I wanted to begin posting some of the sweaters / jumpers in my knitwear collection. I have been inspired by Shooman's informative posts which have a lot of information on the top cashmere brands including the Vintage labels and current Scottish and Italian labels. There is so much great info in this thread when it comes to knitwear and cashmere specifically. I purchased my first Ballantyne sweater about 3 years ago and I learned what "true quality" is when it comes to cashmere sweaters. The cashmere sweaters I had before that were gifts that were most likely purchased from TJ Maxx and similar outlet stores that sell a lot of Made in China sweaters at affordable prices. These sweaters were nice and soft but pilled like crazy and were prone to stretching and loosing their shape. Anyways, fast forward 3 years and I finally pulled the trigger on a Chunky knit Kiton sweater I had been eyeing for some time, I added some photos below for your viewing (note the seller took the photos). It just arrived today and I can tell you it is of the highest quality, although it still doesn't compare to the vintage Scottish brands as it isn't as tightly woven. It is definitely in my top 5 favorites and is my third heaviest cashmere sweater at 1lb 10 ounces, whereas my Malo Big Boy is at 1lb 14 ounces. I still don't have a coveted piece in Cashmere that is 2 pounds or more but I'll be looking to find a super heavyweight piece during the winter months. I also have cashmere sweaters from Pringle of Scotland, Lyle & Scott, a Paul Stuart 3ply turtleneck which is amazing and a few from Malo which make exquisitely soft cashmere sweaters. I had Brunello Cucinelli in the past but sold them as they seemed to pill. I also own a few pieces from Loro Piana including a thick bomber that is impeccable. I also have a Drumohr 3-4 ply argyle that I love and a Cruciani 3 ply turtleneck along with a few 6 ply Ralph Lauren cashmere sweaters. Anyways collecting knitwear is fun, especially when it is cold 5-6 months of the year giving you enough time to actually wear them. I also have many wool jumpers as well.

kiton_chunky_jacquard_crewneck.jpg

kiton_chunky_jacquard_crewneck_2.jpg

Can someone please throw out some names of half way decent knitwear brands that can be had for dirt cheap used on Ebay UK? Nothing synthetic.

I own plenty of high end stuff, but I'm missing a few basics and I'm on a very tight budget at the moment.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and also to the thread but I wanted to begin posting some of the sweaters / jumpers in my knitwear collection. I have been inspired by Shooman's informative posts which have a lot of information on the top cashmere brands including the Vintage labels and current Scottish and Italian labels. There is so much great info in this thread when it comes to knitwear and cashmere specifically.

Lets me just say, I love that usename "knitwearaddict". Some guys get really addicted to knitwear. I got addicted for a while too. Other guys are also addicted on the men's clothing forum including the late Kiton/Brioni poster who had over 200 cashmere jumpers. Shoo addiction is another thing that can easily get out of hand. Fortunately i've been cured of these addictions, but it wasn't easy. Evenstill, l am always on the hunt for a f-a-t one (a BIG boy multi ply) because those are most valued of all, and l try to avoid looking at shoes because those things are the most addictive of all.

knitwearaddict'] I purchased my first Ballantyne sweater about 3 years ago and I learned what "true quality" is when it comes to cashmere sweaters. [/quote] I've never seen anything like Ballantyne. I've got a number of Ballantyne which doesn't have a pill on it said:
The cashmere sweaters I had before that were gifts that were most likely purchased from TJ Maxx and similar outlet stores that sell a lot of Made in China sweaters at affordable prices. These sweaters were nice and soft but pilled like crazy and were prone to stretching and loosing their shape.

Thanks for sharing that. I never dared to go down the China road, but l made my cashmere start with Johnstons of Elgin. It is decent cashmere, but apparently sourced from China (cheaper harvesting methods that use machine and not hand so the fibers break more easily I THINK) and not inner Mongolia where the top cashmere is harvested by hand. Yes, the jumpers pill moderately, but still much nicer than the mid end ltalian stuff one sees.

knitwearaddict said:
Anyways, fast forward 3 years and I finally pulled the trigger on a Chunky knit Kiton sweater I had been eyeing for some time, I added some photos below for your viewing (note the seller took the photos). It just arrived today and I can tell you it is of the highest quality, although it still doesn't compare to the vintage Scottish brands as it isn't as tightly woven.

Kiton is amazing quality, l have some myself...nice and beefy, but like you said it is not on par with the vintage Scottish cashmere. Your Kiton looks good, but yes....hard to find the really solid fat ones, almost impossible.

knitwearaddict said:
It is definitely in my top 5 favorites and is my third heaviest cashmere sweater at 1lb 10 ounces, whereas my Malo Big Boy is at 1lb 14 ounces.

You are starting to get up to the cashmere heavyweights, and l know how hard it is to crack the 2lb mark, so well done. It takes time to make it to the top!

and yes, Malo has been known to have been known to have some of the fattest boys in town, sometimes going up to 16 ply. Sadly I have always missed out. Malo is a good maker.

knitwearaddict said:
I still don't have a coveted piece in Cashmere that is 2 pounds or more but I'll be looking to find a super heavyweight piece during the winter months.
I love the way you think. 😍

knitwearaddict said:
I also have cashmere sweaters from Pringle of Scotland, Lyle & Scott, a Paul Stuart 3ply turtleneck which is amazing and a few from Malo which make exquisitely soft cashmere sweaters.

That makes my eyes sparkle that much better when l read this. Great that you are enjoying your cashmere.

knitwearaddict I had Brunello Cucinelli in the past but sold them as they seemed to pill. [/quote] B.C is one of those brands that either pills or doesn't pill. My Loro Piana's have never pilled. [QUOTE= said:
knitwearaddict I also own a few pieces from Loro Piana including a thick bomber that is impeccable. I also have a Drumohr 3-4 ply argyle that I love and a Cruciani 3 ply turtleneck along with a few 6 ply Ralph Lauren cashmere sweaters. Anyways collecting knitwear is fun, especially when it is cold 5-6 months of the year giving you enough time to actually wear them.

Wow, sounds like you have a bunch of goodies in that collection. Thanks for sharing about them, l loved reading it.

knitwearaddict said:
I also have many wool jumpers as well.

If I had my way cashmere would be the only wool l would wear, but occasionally l make the sacrifice and wear wool. But to me, wool doesn't look or feel like cashmere, nor is it as easy to keep warm with wool. Cashmere has a special look and is much superior imo. However l do have a really thick wool abercrombie and fitch that is so heavy and bulletproof that it does keep me warm.

I remember one day l was up in the mountains and it was the coldest day in my life. I had a woolen thermal underlay, long johns, gloves, 4 ply alpaca socks, a 3 ply Ballantyne turtleneck with a 6 ply Lockie crewneck over it and a 6 ply Ballantyne cardigan over that with a scarf on also, and I was warm as toast. It was a bitter cold day with a breeze that would go right through you.

Last edited:
The Tom Ford made-in-U.K knitwear.

It is very beautiful, and it is thick and reasonably densely woven, but light as a feather. Looks impressive with great style, but doesn't seem to be like a real jumper should be (solid and reasonably heavy).
Tom Ford cashmere turtleneck 1.jpg

Is it as good as my Kitons or Scottish knitwear? No way. The Tom Ford looks more impressive and feels thicker, but the real deal is dense heavy knitwear that is made to do the job of keeping one warm. The Tom Ford uses very airy light cashmere, it seems to be knitted moderately sense but the spinning of the cashmere seems airy and looser. YOU GET LESS CASHMERE FOR YOUR $$$$.

I've been attempting to work with a local factory and make some sweaters after realizing it would've been nearly impossible to produce what I wanted in the UK (many of the well-known factories there will only make sweaters to their standard measurements).

Got some really nice results with some American yarn as well, although I think the samples ended up 1 size too large.

I've tried a few of the modern UK stuff (Lockie, Johnstons, etc.) and purchased a bit of the vintage Paine, Ballantyne, McGeorge stuff, I think there's a definite difference in the quality between the new and old. In fact, I think the samples I made, despite having zero sweater production experience, are better than the modern UK stuff and less expensive.

^That sounds interesting. What sort of weave(s), colour(s) and so on?

It was a turtleneck with raglan sleeves. Yarn was from Jagger

I don't have any great closeup photos, although I did take this gif as a test for how waterproof it was.

Lets me just say, I love that usename "knitwearaddict". Some guys get really addicted to knitwear. I got addicted for a while too. Other guys are also addicted on the men's clothing forum including the late Kiton/Brioni poster who had over 200 cashmere jumpers. Shoo addiction is another thing that can easily get out of hand. Fortunately i've been cured of these addictions, but it wasn't easy. Evenstill, l am always on the hunt for a f-a-t one (a BIG boy multi ply) because those are most valued of all, and l try to avoid looking at shoes because those things are the most addictive of all.

Thanks for sharing that. I never dared to go down the China road, but l made my cashmere start with Johnstons of Elgin. It is decent cashmere, but apparently sourced from China (cheaper harvesting methods that use machine and not hand so the fibers break more easily I THINK) and not inner Mongolia where the top cashmere is harvested by hand. Yes, the jumpers pill moderately, but still much nicer than the mid end ltalian stuff one sees.

Kiton is amazing quality, l have some myself...nice and beefy, but like you said it is not on par with the vintage Scottish cashmere. Your Kiton looks good, but yes....hard to find the really solid fat ones, almost impossible.

You are starting to get up to the cashmere heavyweights, and l know how hard it is to crack the 2lb mark, so well done. It takes time to make it to the top!

and yes, Malo has been known to have been known to have some of the fattest boys in town, sometimes going up to 16 ply. Sadly I have always missed out. Malo is a good maker.

I love the way you think. 😍

That makes my eyes sparkle that much better when l read this. Great that you are enjoying your cashmere.

Wow, sounds like you have a bunch of goodies in that collection. Thanks for sharing about them, l loved reading it.

If I had my way cashmere would be the only wool l would wear, but occasionally l make the sacrifice and wear wool. But to me, wool doesn't look or feel like cashmere, nor is it as easy to keep warm with wool. Cashmere has a special look and is much superior imo. However l do have a really thick wool abercrombie and fitch that is so heavy and bulletproof that it does keep me warm.

I remember one day l was up in the mountains and it was the coldest day in my life. I had a woolen thermal underlay, long johns, gloves, 4 ply alpaca socks, a 3 ply Ballantyne turtleneck with a 6 ply Lockie crewneck over it and a 6 ply Ballantyne cardigan over that with a scarf on also, and I was warm as toast. It was a bitter cold day with a breeze that would go right through you.

Thanks I appreciate that, I chose the username as indeed I am an addict of knitwear, sometimes perhaps a bit too much. Now that winter is approaching I am very excited to be able to wear a multitude of different sweaters and cardigans that I have in my collection. In fact it will be reaching below 0 in Celsius this next week as it will get to -2.77 or 27 degrees Fahrenheit. Wow who was the poster that had 200 cashmere jumpers including many from Kiton and Brioni? I don't make a very large income, so I have to be selective when purchasing and most pieces I purchase are used or found new at a considerable discount. I believe you, I have a friend that has a Jordan shoo addiction and it was hard for him to stop as well. How did you cure your addiction for shoos and knits? I definitely agree a fat multi-ply is worth it or a design or texture that is rare. For example I just got a blue Benson basket-weave cashmere shawl cardigan a few weeks ago. I notice there is a gorgeous Hermes basketweave cardigan on e*Bay but it's way out of my price range.

I agree that most of the Made in China ones just aren't worth it, they don't stand the test of time. I think the vintage ones that say made in Hong Kong or Shanghai can be quite decent as they used higher quality fibers and I believe these factories were owned by some of the Scottish labels. There are also some that are made in the USA from brands such as Lord Jeff, do you have any experience with any made in the US?

Yes I am and I still am not satisfied when it comes to heavyweights! I still want that 2 plus pound Cashmere sweater, preferably a chunky cardigan. Although I am happy with the thick ones I have now such as the Malo and Kiton. The Kiton I will be wearing next week as it'll be cold enough. I am glad we think alike when it comes to wanting the big fat ones.

I agree that wool can't match cashmere but I enjoy wearing wool as I have some interesting knits and a few heavier ones over 2 lbs and they are decently warm and best of all they are very affordable. I can buy like 6-7 of these for the price of 1 Kiton. My favorite wool cardigan is probably my Herno or Zanone Yak/Wool one. But I still want a vintage one like your Abercrombie one that outclasses any of my Wool sweaters. I also wonder how good camelhair is, do you have any camel hair sweaters?

That sounds like an exceptionally cold day, you must have been wearing several pounds of wool and cashmere to keep yourself warm. On the coldest days I'll wear multiple layers myself including a 3-4 ply Drumohr cashmere beanie, and if I am doing something active I'll wear a down jacket.

It was a turtleneck with raglan sleeves. Yarn was from Jagger

I don't have any great closeup photos, although I did take this gif as a test for how waterproof it was.

That definitely looks to be of very high quality, I notice many of the modern brands are skimping when it comes to quality of their wool sweaters. I have seen some wool sweaters being promoted as waterproof and didn't believe it but you proved it just now. How did you find a local factory to produce sweaters for you and how difficult was it to negotiate a price and to utilize your own yarn? I also read other post and it seems you also agree that the quality of most of the vintage cashmere labels is higher than the modern ones like Lockie and Johnstons.

Some brands such as Gran Sasso offer waterproof wool jackets and cardigans.

Can someone please throw out some names of half way decent knitwear brands that can be had for dirt cheap used on Ebay UK? Nothing synthetic.

I own plenty of high end stuff, but I'm missing a few basics and I'm on a very tight budget at the moment.

Hi Mattrick there are certainly a number of affordable knitwear brands that you can find for relatively cheap and that are pretty good quality. I would try to look atthe seller poppri_fashion_auctions as they have a good selection and many are high quality knitwear brands and at an affordable price. They also will give you ideas of some brands to look for. I can also give you the names of some brands once I know what you are looking for. Also YOOX is a great site as well to find lots of knitwear with many Italian brands.

Hi Mattrick there are certainly a number of affordable knitwear brands that you can find for relatively cheap and that are pretty good quality. I would try to look atthe seller poppri_fashion_auctions as they have a good selection and many are high quality knitwear brands and at an affordable price. They also will give you ideas of some brands to look for. I can also give you the names of some brands once I know what you are looking for. Also YOOX is a great site as well to find lots of knitwear with many Italian brands.

Thanks for the response. I'm going to check that Ebay seller.
Most of my knitwear is actually from Yoox. They always have plenty of Malo, Drumohr, Cruciani, Svevo, etc. and that's the kind of stuff I have.

However, I can't spend much on clothes anymore and I'm looking for next-to-nothing prices. I know you can get passable knitwear used for under £20, I've seen it, but it would help to know more brands. Searching " navy v neck" brings up so much rubbish. I prefer to run searches on brands.

That definitely looks to be of very high quality, I notice many of the modern brands are skimping when it comes to quality of their wool sweaters. I have seen some wool sweaters being promoted as waterproof and didn't believe it but you proved it just now. How did you find a local factory to produce sweaters for you and how difficult was it to negotiate a price and to utilize your own yarn? I also read other post and it seems you also agree that the quality of most of the vintage cashmere labels is higher than the modern ones like Lockie and Johnstons.

Some brands such as Gran Sasso offer waterproof wool jackets and cardigans.

Thanks! I actually wasn't even hunting for waterproof wool. I was merely trying to determine some distinguishing qualities for the sweater when it occurred I could do a simple test. Turns out it passed. At some point I'm hoping to be able to produce a couple a sell them. Fingers crossed. Will certainly drop a word here if I get around to it.

It was a bit difficult to find a factory actually. As you can imagine, there aren't many sweater factories around. Even then, factories seem to really be shared by word of mouth as few if any of the factories in the US have a web presence or even respond to email. You need to call or show up in person.

Once I found the factory, I had to find a knitwear designer to write out the technical specs to provide them to the factory. The yarn was a bit of a guessing game. Most recommended Italian or Chinese yarns, though I was pretty determined to try to find something American due to the difficulty of overseas purchases and communication. Fortunately I found a couple and ordered swatches to decide what yarn I would use.

Thanks for the response. I'm going to check that Ebay seller.
Most of my knitwear is actually from Yoox. They always have plenty of Malo, Drumohr, Cruciani, Svevo, etc. and that's the kind of stuff I have.

However, I can't spend much on clothes anymore and I'm looking for next-to-nothing prices. I know you can get passable knitwear used for under £20, I've seen it, but it would help to know more brands. Searching " navy v neck" brings up so much rubbish. I prefer to run searches on brands.

No problem it seems you already know a lot of the good brands although don't forget some others including Roberto Collina, Paolo Pecora, Della Ciana, Barena, Zanone, Eleventy, Heritage, Gran Sasso, Circolo 1901 and others which can be found on sale on Yoox and you can sometimes find them used as well for cheap on e b a y. For under £20 it's possible but you have to be pretty lucky to find one of these top brands used at that price. Poppri sells a bunch of other brands, some I'm familiar with and some I am not and they can be purchased affordably at times. I would suggest spending a bit more like 40 or 50 and getting something worthwhile. also use the search term "italy" it can help to find the items that are made there. But I do understand about not having a budget, I myself can't spend that much which is why I also own a lot of wool sweaters and cardigans as they are more affordable than cashmere.

Thanks! I actually wasn't even hunting for waterproof wool. I was merely trying to determine some distinguishing qualities for the sweater when it occurred I could do a simple test. Turns out it passed. At some point I'm hoping to be able to produce a couple a sell them. Fingers crossed. Will certainly drop a word here if I get around to it.

It was a bit difficult to find a factory actually. As you can imagine, there aren't many sweater factories around. Even then, factories seem to really be shared by word of mouth as few if any of the factories in the US have a web presence or even respond to email. You need to call or show up in person.

Once I found the factory, I had to find a knitwear designer to write out the technical specs to provide them to the factory. The yarn was a bit of a guessing game. Most recommended Italian or Chinese yarns, though I was pretty determined to try to find something American due to the difficulty of overseas purchases and communication. Fortunately I found a couple and ordered swatches to decide what yarn I would use.

I find that quite interesting, the process of trying to fabricate your very own sweaters from the specific yarns you have chosen. I myself would like to look into this more as I have been interested in making some custom sweaters at some point. I understand that you are looking at the resell potential as well and making it into a business. I am sure you have a decent list down of different wholesale yarn providers that offer good quality yarn. I also believe sourcing from overseas is definitely possible but I do understand the headaches of international shipping and also just communicating sometimes with vendors from other countries.

I didn't think there were any factories left at all in the US so that definitely surprises me to know. Perhaps it's somewhere on the east coast. I see they are still very old school it sounds when it comes to communication. Do they force you to order a bulk amount or are you able to do sample orders?

I also do find that interesting that you had to find a knitwear designer to write out the technical specs, I figured you could just send the measurements you want and the factory would oblige. I bet they recommend Italian and Chinese yarns as they are probably more familiar with them. I like the idea of using US based yarn though since I live here myself. That sounds fun being able to compare the yarn of the different samples to see which ones are of a higher quality. I definitely think you're on to something and please keep us posted as you get further along with your ambitions.

I think I made 3 samples with them before they stopped and asked for a deposit for an order. I think most factories are not really interested in making one off samples because they would rather be efficient with production time.

Regarding the designer, I think it's somewhere along the same lines where they like having an expert that writes everything in some standard language to reduce the need for further clarification.

As I'm not making samples anymore, I'll see if I can get some photos of the last sample, even if I think the final product will be a little different.

Thanks I appreciate that, I chose the username as indeed I am an addict of knitwear, sometimes perhaps a bit too much. Now that winter is approaching I am very excited to be able to wear a multitude of different sweaters and cardigans that I have in my collection.

I know the feeling.

knitwearaddict said:
Wow who was the poster that had 200 cashmere jumpers including many from Kiton and Brioni?

He was this old professor who was old money or something. He probably had the biggest wardrobe in the world, and everything was top quality. He even had over 300 pairs of top rate shoes. He was a one-of-a-kind person and his posts in WAYWT threads were unique.

knitwearaddict said:
I don't make a very large income, so I have to be selective when purchasing and most pieces I purchase are used or found new at a considerable discount.

No matter, you can still get those good jumpers. Look, you even got a Kiton piece recently. Kiton is clothing of the rich, yet you have it. See....dreams can come true if one is patient.

knitwearaddict said:
How did you cure your addiction for shoos and knits?

I started practicing Falun Dafa. When l want to l can definitely control my addictions. When l say "that's enough" l can moderate my ways. The practice has been good for improving my character too, it's changed my life actually.

knitwearaddict said:
I agree that most of the Made in China ones just aren't worth it, they don't stand the test of time. I think the vintage ones that say made in Hong Kong or Shanghai can be quite decent as they used higher quality fibers and I believe these factories were owned by some of the Scottish labels. There are also some that are made in the USA from brands such as Lord Jeff, do you have any experience with any made in the US?

I have heard good things from some of the Hong Kong knitwear however l have always avoided it. I have never bougt U.S knitwear, 95% of mine is made-in-Scotland.

knitwearaddict said:
I am glad we think alike when it comes to wanting the big fat ones.

so am l. The fat ones are really rare so l am really happy that others see how special these are and especially how valued these are on cold days. The fat ones are absolutely fantastic!

knitwearaddict said:
I agree that wool can't match cashmere but I enjoy wearing wool as I have some interesting knits and a few heavier ones over 2 lbs and they are decently warm and best of all they are very affordable. I can buy like 6-7 of these for the price of 1 Kiton. My favorite wool cardigan is probably my Herno or Zanone Yak/Wool one. But I still want a vintage one like your Abercrombie one that outclasses any of my Wool sweaters. I also wonder how good camelhair is, do you have any camel hair sweaters?

Yes, my Abercrombie is like nothing else around today. It is as heavy and dense as l have ever seen. It was made in around the 1940's when homes were not insulated and warm as today. It is true heavy duty knitwear from Scotland. I feel very lucky to own it.

knitwearaddict said:
That sounds like an exceptionally cold day, you must have been wearing several pounds of wool and cashmere to keep yourself warm. On the coldest days I'll wear multiple layers myself including a 3-4 ply Drumohr cashmere beanie, and if I am doing something active I'll wear a down jacket.

It's was fun knowing most would not venture outside because it was so cold, and here I was outside doing my gentle slow moving qigong exercises and meditation on the porch of a cabin l was staying at. The breeze was blowing and it was going to go to zero that night, yet l was as warm as toast because l invested in great knitwear. I had a hat and gloves and all. Few dared to go outside that day.

Kiton-Brioni was also a guy that layered numerous 3 ply sweaters and fat ones. He felt the cold too.

Shoo do you own any fun intarsia-knit Ballantynes? Thoughts?

I don'town one, but l have been tempted to get one. Why? Because they are rare highly artistic pieces you won't see ever again. Those intarsias were knitted on those looms by hand and took many hours to complete. They are memories of the old days when the best of craftsmanship was happening, and it gives a light hearted lift to things when the jumpers are fun...it adds character. I passed up a number of them a few years ago, but l think l will get one when the next opportunity strikes.

This evening l am wearing my rare 1950's Ballantyne cardigan. It has leather buttons and is a stunner. The knit style is vibrant and unique and it is a real work of art.

Now that Woolovers has been sold to new owners, woolaway seems to be the best bet for people who want decent British knitwear that costs under £50.

They have the submariners sweater. They also have the countryman sweater and the Nordic that other companies charge a fortune for.

For people who don’t need expensive stuff and don’t want to worry about moths.

Anybody notice the recent price hike at William Lockie? Cashmere sweaters are now between £45 to £55 more expensive.

Anybody notice the recent price hike at William Lockie? Cashmere sweaters are now between £45 to £55 more expensive.
The price hike must be due to the new tariffs hitting UK based luxury goods. It started on October 18th. More info on the link below. As an American I am very against these tariffs and think its more of a political ploy if anything. I support UK based companies and many of my favorite knitwear pieces were made in Great Britain.

Now that Woolovers has been sold to new owners, woolaway seems to be the best bet for people who want decent British knitwear that costs under £50.

They have the submariners sweater. They also have the countryman sweater and the Nordic that other companies charge a fortune for.

For people who don’t need expensive stuff and don’t want to worry about moths.

A submariner for sub 50 quid! That's even cheaper than Silverman's.

I like this lyrical turn of phrase: "As with all of our products these are manufactured from 100% pure British wool from sheep roaming the Pennine Hills."

Well, I'm in Europe. I wanted to order a cable knit and the price went from £325 to £390.
That doesn't make sense then, perhaps they just raised the prices for everyone to offset the tariffs, or perhaps they thought the price was too low. I would email customer service and see if they can offer you the cable knit for the price that you saw it at.

Here is the ultimate in luxury and warmth. Wish l owned it.

Brunello Cucinelli 12 goosedown cashmere cardigan. WOW!!!

It is said to be a $7,000 cardigan, and over $10,000 in ASD.

Brunello Cucinelli 12 ply goosedown cardigan 1.jpg Brunello Cucinelli 12 ply goosedown cardigan 2.jpg Brunello Cucinelli 12 ply goosedown cardigan 3.jpg Brunello Cucinelli 12 ply goosedown cardigan 4.jpg Brunello Cucinelli 12 ply goosedown cardigan 5.jpg

I don't think so.

This is what a cardigan should be.
104608__98719.1527146098.380.500.jpg
Gorgeous cardigan.

I liked the one l posted because it would be perfect for my lifestyle, ie, meditating outside on cold days. It has everything l could possibly need....would almost be worth paying the price.

“I liked the one l posted because it would be perfect for my lifestyle, ie, meditating outside on cold days. It has everything l could possibly need....would almost be worth paying the price.”

You would look like Pep Guardiola but even his one was not quite that expensive and you can get cheap copies anyway.

“I liked the one l posted because it would be perfect for my lifestyle, ie, meditating outside on cold days. It has everything l could possibly need....would almost be worth paying the price.”

You would look like Pep Guardiola but even his one was not quite that expensive and you can get cheap copies anyway.

Pep's cardigan hasn't pilled either. I am impressed.

Gorgeous cardigan.

I liked the one l posted because it would be perfect for my lifestyle, ie, meditating outside on cold days. It has everything l could possibly need....would almost be worth paying the price.
I agree I love the one that you posted and I feel it would be very useful where I live. Tomorrow for example, the high will be 0 degrees Celsius. So it would come in handy and I like being able to button up the neck when I want to. I actually don't own a V-neck cardigan yet although I own a few shawls. I've walked into the Brunello Cucinelli store in Vegas and felt their cashmere hooded cardigan and it was exquisite. Although it was a different version priced at $3700.

I very much like this cardigan. I actually have a wool cardigan by Herno myself that I purchased used but unfortunately it does pill. I like the look of Pep's Cardigan it seems to be of a higher quality than the one I have. I also like Shooman's Brunello Cucinelli cardigan although the price not so much.

A nice little article about Scottish cashmere and it's decline. It sounds quite right too, and does suggest that William Lockie is the remaining jewel. I really enjoy wearing my Lockie 6 ply's, and they have held up well. Even with summer approaching l still wear the 6 ply's in the very early morning.
The Last Of Good Scottish Cashmere: William Lockie

I also bought two vintage turtlenecks recently. I like to collect these vintage types.

J&D McGeorge LTD dark green cashmere 1960's turtleneck (great condition)
Mc George cashmeree green turtleneck 2.jpg Mc George cashmeree green turtleneck 1 1960's.jpg

Lyle & Scott light blue cashmere 1960's turtleneck

Lyly & scott light blue turtleneck 1960's.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom