The Movie Preview, Review, & Recommendation Thread pt. II

formby002

Just give us the goods.

Also, Mortal Kombat is shite.
It's a mixed bag. When it's good, it's very good, when it's bad, it's cringeworthy. Beautiful cinematography and the location scouts have done an excellent job as usual. Norway's Atlantic Ocean Road makes an appearance especially its famous bridge.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but with caveats.

Ana de Armas' all-to-short scene is very enjoyable.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program
maxresdefault.jpg

Friday: Made it about 1/2 way through this and lost interest. Someone tell me that it is worth re-starting and watching until the end....

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
The fellow from Star Trek couldn't save it?
you should watch it its a good movie
Which one was he? Not sure if he couldn't save it as I never finished it. It just was a little boring to me.
you should give it another chance its a good movie. have to like british movies though.

Fwiffo

Supporter
3rd time trying to finish Black Widow. Why is the movie allegedly about Russians filled with British actors and actresses?

ter1413

Witness Protection Program
Screen-Shot-2021-09-29-at-24233-PM.png

Caught this on Netflix today.

DC goes in on current events...specifically the LGBTQ community and "their" reactions to his jokes. He weaves us through the negative feedback that he has received and the fact that he has no hatred for anyone.

Of course, a DC special wouldn't be complete with relevant stories that just add to the set.

His best stuff? Nope. I put 'Killin' Them Softly' up there. Jokes from start to finish? No, he is more so getting stuff off his chest while entertaining the masses. Solid stuff? Of course...it's DC.

(An absolutely brilliant ending to this set and when the credits roll.)

3.75/5.

Last edited:

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
I watched this with my brother, two nights ago and it was mostly cringe and his simpering fans didn't do him any favours. I was drunk and only laughed three times.

Pimpernel Smith

Screen-Shot-2021-09-29-at-24233-PM.png

Caught this on Netflix today.

DC goes in on current events...specifically the LGBTQ community and "their" reactions to his jokes. He weaves us through the negative feedback that he has received and the fact that he has no hatred for anyone.

Of course, a DC special wouldn't be complete with relevant stories that just add to the set.

His best stuff? Nope. I put 'Killin' Them Softly' up there. Jokes from start to finish? No, he is more so getting stuff off his chest while entertaining the masses. Solid stuff? Of course...it's DC.

(An absolutely brilliant ending to this set and when the credits roll.)

3.75/5.
I'm interested in watching because the feigned woke controversy. There's a number of ageing comedians they're trying to cancel in the UK at present: Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson. They did that with Benny Hill at the peak of his international success back in the 80s.

Apparently, the latest Ricky Gervais tour is equally relentless in his taking the piss out of the woke and LGBTQueer identity narratives. But he's a bit too big and couldn't give a fuck to get cancelled.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Black Widow.

First up, I generally fucking hate superhero stories. Dumb Hollywood jingoistic drivel.

My oldest is getting into them all and I watched Loki with him, which didn’t suck. Figured I’d perv on Scarlet Johansen in a cat suit when I asked me to watch this one with him.

It might just be the warm fuzzies from the wine and snuggling with the kids on the couch, but I enjoyed this one. Fast pace, self referential humour and some interesting characters. The lot is still full of cliches but Johansen looks nice.

7/10.

Fwiffo

Supporter
The lot is still full of cliches but Johansen looks nice.

I thought she looked better in The Island and In Good Company and has been slowly declining since. As someone who had kids and still looks like that it's commendable.

Cliches: Natasha Romanoff should really be Natasha Romanova for females.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I thought she looked better in The Island and In Good Company and has been slowly declining since. As someone who had kids and still looks like that it's commendable.

Cliches: Natasha Romanoff should really be Natasha Romanova for females.

All true, but I fell for her in Lost In Translation and she has aged with me.

scarlett johansson film GIF

Top Bottom