THE Necktie Thread, Now With Handkerchiefs and Scarves

florisgreen

I love wide neckties. Here a way to make appear a tie wider: why don't you just use a broader one?

Screenshot (650).png

florisgreen

Arrived yesterday, after a waiting time of twenty days, thanks to the Brexit and customs issues and delays (remarkably it's not always that bad and other shipments were so much faster).

20210828_094703.jpg
20210828_094818.jpg

Scarves in light cashmere by Begg&Co, ideal for giving you some cosiness in this windy and rainy transitional weather we're having in Berlin.

LeFoo1

This tie was passed down to me years ago. I can’t imagine it looking good but don’t have the heart to get rid of it.

What’s interesting about the tie is that it looks green and blue, but the yellow threads shine through both vertically and horizontally when you look at it from a slightly different angle. So every spot of the tie keeps changing colour when you’re moving around. It can almost look like some video game item protected by a force field.

I’ve never worn this but I play with it a little whenever I see it.

Attachments

• 47635FC3-2F32-4B5B-B30A-067A96CF6201.jpeg
    47635FC3-2F32-4B5B-B30A-067A96CF6201.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2A956116-8893-4781-8E5D-D4AFB44DC81F.jpeg
    2A956116-8893-4781-8E5D-D4AFB44DC81F.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 3

Sauce

This tie was passed down to me years ago. I can’t imagine it looking good but don’t have the heart to get rid of it.

What’s interesting about the tie is that it looks green and blue, but the yellow threads shine through both vertically and horizontally when you look at it from a slightly different angle. So every spot of the tie keeps changing colour when you’re moving around. It can almost look like some video game item protected by a force field.

I’ve never worn this but I play with it a little whenever I see it.
A few years back VW made some really great spread collar polo shirts with a higher neck band. They were really cool and then ruined them with that logo.

LeFoo1

A few years back VW made some really great spread collar polo shirts with a higher neck band. They were really cool and then ruined them with that logo.
I actually like their Hawaiian shirts for being playful but not too loud. Very good for Thailand. But now I've realised the cut isn't very flattering for me so I've moved on.

Pimpernel Smith

Still holding the line as tie point man here, but it feels like were an endangered species. Got in the lift today and some young whipper-snapper-hipster working for one of the consultants pulled a face when he saw the tie. I probably should have head butted him right on the nose.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Still holding the line as tie point man here, but it feels like were an endangered species. Got in the lift today and some young whipper-snapper-hipster working for one of the consultants pulled a face when he saw the tie. I probably should have head butted him right on the nose.
should have done that with or without tie.

Otto

Are you in Europe or the States?

I should be able to join you in the tie-wearing fight soon.

Top Bottom