THE Necktie Thread, Now With Handkerchiefs and Scarves

All this belong in either the Fucking Boring/Disagreeable Threads, excellent research!

He's promoting another entry level brand called H.M. White; they have a stripped grenadine that resembles a Drake's tie that I fancy. The thing with blog reviews and affiliate threads is that they always appear biased, and inherently are subject to conflicts of interests.

Trying out new "niche" brands can in some cases turn out very good i.e. Vanda or very bad i.e. PC.

hnw-feb-1_1024x1024.jpg

Pressure of Menswear on the Neck in Relation to Visual Performance
Leonora M. Langan, Susan M. Watkins, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Abstract

This study examined the incidence of neckwear tightness among a group of 94 white-collar working men and the effect of a tight business-shirt collar and tie on the visual performance of 22 male subjects.

Of the white-collar working men measured, 67% were found to be wearing neckwear that was tighter than their neck circumference.

The visual discrimination of the 22 subjects was evaluated using a critical flicker frequency (CFF) test.

Results of the CFF test indicated that tight neckwear significantly decreased the visual performance of the subjects and that visual performance did not improve immediately when tight neckwear was removed.

Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society February 1987 vol. 29 no. 167-71

Pressure of Menswear on the Neck in Relation to Visual Performance
Leonora M. Langan, Susan M. Watkins, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Abstract

This study examined the incidence of neckwear tightness among a group of 94 white-collar working men and the effect of a tight business-shirt collar and tie on the visual performance of 22 male subjects.

Of the white-collar working men measured, 67% were found to be wearing neckwear that was tighter than their neck circumference.

The visual discrimination of the 22 subjects was evaluated using a critical flicker frequency (CFF) test.

Results of the CFF test indicated that tight neckwear significantly decreased the visual performance of the subjects and that visual performance did not improve immediately when tight neckwear was removed.

Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society February 1987 vol. 29 no. 167-71

Further suggested reading:

Pressure of Menswear on the Neck in Relation to Sexual Pleasure
Carradine, D., Hutchence, M. & Duchovny, D., Bangkok University, Bangkok, Ontario.

Further suggested reading:

Pressure of Menswear on the Neck in Relation to Sexual Pleasure
Carradine, D., Hutchence, M. & Duchovny, D., Bangkok University, Bangkok, Ontario.
That's arny, fwiffo and thruth as authors?

Few hours outside in the wind and about 80% of the smell is gone, it is really very faint now and requires aggressively smelling the tie with it in your face to detect, which i hope no one ever does to me in real life. To close the loop. I'll be ordering from Patrizio again (and have in the past as well).

It is unfortunate the he had to throw @Cleav's fellow countrymen under the bus with his explanation.

"the smell of the english silk, that sometime is very strong.

They use vegetables colors."

I hope this doesn't become an international incident...

stirpot.gif

How's the smell? Did you have to open all your windows??

giphy.gif

glad it wasn't my imagination.

how do i make sure this doesn't come off as too serious, but still a point, does Patrizio smoke? B/C the smell of the ties suggest they have been suggested to some second hand smoke. my wife confirmed it after giving me a real look when i asked her to "smell my new ties". They're headed for the dry cleaner :( . Its pretty strong, the whole house smells of cigarette smoke now..

one more thing. I wouldn't go as far as being outraged but the way Cappelli presses his ties is a bugbear; the edges are routinely over-pressed.

Please advise me. Should I specify, together with the specified thickness of the interlining at the various relevant points within the tie, and the bigger knot shape that he personally designed for me, that I want my ties 'sfoderata arrotolato a mano' and again in English?

Luckily for Pat and me, i don't fetishise hand-rolled edges as much as other folk do; in fact, when it comes to my tie enjoyment, it doesn't factor in my top five.

glad it wasn't my imagination.

how do i make sure this doesn't come off as too serious, but still a point, does Patrizio smoke? B/C the smell of the ties suggest they have been suggested to some second hand smoke. my wife confirmed it after giving me a real look when i asked her to "smell my new ties". They're headed for the dry cleaner :( . Its pretty strong, the whole house smells of cigarette smoke now..

Ask him to switch to cigars, for pleasant aroma. Should be more enjoyable for him too.

OK, thanks all.

Word from Patrizio:

he confirms that the smell is indeed cigarette smoke.

Both employees in his laboratoty are hopeless addicts.

I give him a lot of credit, he responded to my question about possible cigarette smoke in 30 minutes on a Tuesday night. That blows away - pun intended - almost everyone on customer service and is even more impressive in comparison to his fellow Neopolitans

Pat even added a few pictures of his employees

image.gif
image.gif

It is nice mate. Thing is, if you consider the quality and range Patrizio has it is like being a kid in a sweet shop!

Too many sweets to choose from!

I'm scratching nervously just thinking about only five ties.

What do you want the ties for? Season? I definately lean more heavily towards the madder and challis options in terms of what catches my eye as I scroll through the options.

All season, and perhaps one summer and one winter tie.

Too many sweets to choose from!

All season, and perhaps one summer and one winter tie.

... just to add that I have never received anything other than exactly what I ordered and in pristine condition from EGC. Importantly, Patrizio has always responded to any enquiry in a polite and timely fashion, whenever I have asked.

This coupled with outstanding wares....

There's a sample sale in Toronto next week and they will be offering Drakes', will report with photos.

How does one see these guest posts without waiting for one of you blokes to post them? I feel like I'm missing out on something. Props to him for the constantly clever gmail addresses at the bottom. Does anyone actually use gmail still?

I suspect that they're probably routed through to a moderator, or something like that.

Quite a few people use Gmail - it's not that unusual. What surprises me is when I see someone who still has a Hotmail or Yahoo address!

How does one see these guest posts without waiting for one of you blokes to post them? I feel like I'm missing out on something. Props to him for the constantly clever gmail addresses at the bottom. Does anyone actually use gmail still?

I suspect that they're probably routed through to a moderator, or something like that.

Quite a few people use Gmail - it's not that unusual. What surprises me is when I see someone who still has a Hotmail or Yahoo address!
guests can use the CONTACT US form feature, and it allows you to input whatever email address you like in the form. Thruth and I get notified of any uses of the contact us form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom