The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US & Intl)

Fwiffo

Supporter
To me President-elect Biden is an automaton. He will make a difference if he (or the party) picks a good cabinet who can influence him to do and say the right things. His track record on legislation during his time with the Senate is illuminating.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
To me President-elect Biden is an automaton.
This is basically the opposite of Joe Biden. He was never my first choice, but he has always been wildly entertaining. Hell the Onion ran an entire series about him when he was VP.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
He has impressed me with his empathy. It may be an act or it may be the result of losing his second child but it sure seems genuine. He’s not really a big ideas man to do anything about it, but he seems willing to listen to others (like, ahem, scientists) to formulate policy.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
He has impressed me with his empathy. It may be an act or it may be the result of losing his second child but it sure seems genuine. He’s not really a big ideas man to do anything about it, but he seems willing to listen to others (like, ahem, scientists) to formulate policy.
No, it is genuine. There's enough stories of random acts of kindness from Joe Biden to fill an encyclopedia.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Is it funny that they refused or is it funny that the everyone single one who did refuse lost and every single one who accepted her help won?
It's actually none of the above. AOC ran 5% behind Biden in her own district. So did Omar and Katie Porter.

Generally, further left people are able to primary themselves into very blue districts and then they run 5-10% behind was a more traditional Democrat would. Which isn't bad in and of itself, as it lends progressive voices in Congress, but it isn't a winning strategy in more average districts.

Biden outperformed basically every down ballot candidate of any persuasion, so all these hot takes are basically fucking garbage. If you want to see why Dems lost house races, look no further than Robbie Fucking Mook's worthless ass. Put Stacey Abrams in charge and this shit looks a lot different.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
It's actually none of the above. AOC ran 5% behind Biden in her own district. So did Omar and Katie Porter.

Generally, further left people are able to primary themselves into very blue districts and then they run 5-10% behind was a more traditional Democrat would. Which isn't bad in and of itself, as it lends progressive voices in Congress, but it isn't a winning strategy in more average districts.

Biden outperformed basically every down ballot candidate of any persuasion, so all these hot takes are basically fucking garbage. If you want to see why Dems lost house races, look no further than Robbie Fucking Mook's worthless ass. Put Stacey Abrams in charge and this shit looks a lot different.
this flies in the face of all the demographic exit polling i've seen so far. where are you getting these numbers?

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
There is no exit polling of any accuracy yet, and won't be for some time. It's just the raw vote share. Biden got 70% + in Omar's district, and she got 64%

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
So we are basically in the middle of an attempted coup by Trump and the Republicans. I guess the bright side is they are fairly incompetent.

Rambo

Supporter
So we are basically in the middle of an attempted coup by Trump and the Republicans. I guess the bright side is they are fairly incompetent.
i tried to tell you this is where it would end up

Rambo

Supporter
What's this SCORECARD malarkey? :o

scorecard? this is people literally pointing out what a fucking idiot he is. i know he's your favorite so i thought you'd at least appreciate the fallen idol aspect of the whole thing.

Pimpernel Smith

If you're a regular weekly listener to Victor D. Hanson's podcast in The National Review he goes into all the cases of vote rigging in the presidential elections over the last 50 years. There's nothing new, it seems an American tradition. What's new is the hysterical response to Trump.

scorecard? this is people literally pointing out what a fucking idiot he is. i know he's your favorite so i thought you'd at least appreciate the fallen idol aspect of the whole thing.
I was referring to Scorecard the conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Many on the left have struggled with this apparent contradiction: Although Democrats are trending to have won the presidency by more than 5 million votes, the party looks like it will end up in a weaker position overall than before the election with respect to the other branches and levels of government — because many who elected Biden for president nonetheless supported GOP candidates down the ballot.

In truth, these results are pretty easy to understand. The public did not embrace Democrats this cycle; it merely evicted Trump."

Pimpernel Smith

Yeah, I know it's from The Gateway Pundit, but nevertheless....

Pimpernel Smith

It's good to see, but Maher has stoked the mob too. They used it, and now have to disown it. But they still own Antifa and B.L.M. who of course, expect their place at the table and double helpings too.

Meanwhile, our man Boris, has gone loco insane in the membrane. I speak with experience, but not me personally, my father and few associates over the years, it never ends well: men in their fifties who seek to reignite their youth with much younger ladies and bringing children into this world when they already have enough kids have lost the plot. You should be going with rich divorcees in the right age range with no kids, or ones who are already grown up and you can both have a good time together enjoying the finer things in life. Which as it happens, doesn't include screaming kids and nappy changes.

Being inflicted with the above weakness, it's quite clear, Boris has to go. His Green Industrial Revolution is Davos Man exposed.

Top Bottom