The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US & Intl)

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
F6D94D53-BB33-4878-8BB3-9A35243EFC30.jpeg

Pimpernel Smith

Not much in there, as regards substance on the theory of CRT, just percentages.

Pimpernel Smith

Dude it's so transparent as a vehicle of neo-Marxism as the Wiki entry reveals:

CRT is grounded in critical theory[8]
UNQUOTE

I.E.:
In sociology and political philosophy, "Critical Theory" means the Western-Marxist philosophy of the Frankfurt School, developed in Germany in the 1930s and drawing on the ideas of Karl Marx and Sigmund Freud.
UNQUOTE

There's loads of stuff, like this call for apartheid ''Non-white cultural nationalism/separatism: The exploration of more radical views that argue for separation and reparations as a form of foreign aid (including black nationalism).[43]''

It's 100% divisive and if we embrace it, it will lead to very toxic situation indeed.

Pimpernel Smith

Hats off to Gareth Southgate !

The media are eulogising him for the time being:-

When England lose that will turn into :-

‘Gareth Southgate? Aren'tchajustsickofhim !’
It certainly didn't work in the final.

I've cancelled my subscription to The Telegraph, like Boris Johnson, they can't quite decide which side of the line they're on. And this is the moment where everyone needs to clarify where they stand in the culture war. You can't be in both camps pretending to straddle the two. There is no middle ground, it's one of the two and no inbetween.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Dude it's so transparent as a vehicle of neo-Marxism as the Wiki entry reveals:

CRT is grounded in critical theory[8]
UNQUOTE

I.E.:
In sociology and political philosophy, "Critical Theory" means the Western-Marxist philosophy of the Frankfurt School, developed in Germany in the 1930s and drawing on the ideas of Karl Marx and Sigmund Freud.
UNQUOTE

There's loads of stuff, like this call for apartheid ''Non-white cultural nationalism/separatism: The exploration of more radical views that argue for separation and reparations as a form of foreign aid (including black nationalism).[43]''

It's 100% divisive and if we embrace it, it will lead to very toxic situation indeed.

Yep, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have been in the five percent who answered all seven of the knowledge survey questions correctly.

Pimpernel Smith

Yep, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have been in the five percent who answered all seven of the knowledge survey questions correctly.
I choose not live in a world where I can be categorised, censored and sanctioned for incorrect thought and opinions based on 7 questions that are deemed to have been answered incorrectly.

Ciociaro

I choose not live in a world where I can be categorised, censored and sanctioned for incorrect thought and opinions based on 7 questions that are deemed to have been answered incorrectly.
This is the sort of absurdity one arrives at when he employs "critical thinking", fixing his gaze at one specific facet of life and disregarding all the rest:

Oh no we are too dumb to think "critically". We are just a bunch of lumpen.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
See that’s the problem. You are fast to put forward an opinion on something that all evidence suggest you don’t understand. You are all rhetoric and anger without any facts.

Personally, I don’t have particularly strong opinions either for or against CRT, I just find it amusing seeing people (being led like sheep) getting all worked up over things they don’t understand.

Fwiffo

Supporter

“Then he offered a word of warning for President Joe Biden: Irish politics is no joke.

‘He’s playing a game he’s not going to suffer from. It’s the people of Northern Ireland who are going to suffer from his rhetoric,‘ Park, 72, told NBC News last Sunday at a loyalist parade led by the Orange Order — a Protestant brotherhood whose yearly July 12 demonstrations celebrate the 1690 defeat of Catholic King James II, by his Protestant rival, King William of Orange.

’I think he needs to pull that rhetoric in,‘ Park added.

Biden has never hidden his fondness for the Republic of Ireland, with his penchant for quoting Irish poets, and he has publicly recounted how mistreatment at the hands of the British prompted his forefathers to immigrate to the United States.”

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter

interesting take re: the all of a sudden push by republicans and fox news to get people vaccinated.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Can’t imagine why democrats don’t want to vote for this demon from hell

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Executive Assistant #1...which included kissing her on the lips at least once, grabbing her butt during hugs, asking multiple times about whether she had cheated or would cheat on her husband and once reaching under her blouse and grabbing her breast, according to the report"

.....and his previous statement:
“'Harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable — that is not harassment. If I just made you feel uncomfortable, that is not harassment. That’s you feeling uncomfortable,' Cuomo said."

Pimpernel Smith

Diane Abbott, car crash interview yet again:

You'd think someone in Labour would clip her wings and order her not to appear on the BBC ever again.

Every time, she's either highly medicated and not making any sense, or she's championing unpalatable causes.

Top Bottom