The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US & Intl)

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Business adds new clout to latest round of Hong Kong protests

"Unfair as the common law system shared by Canada, Britain and Hong Kong may be in favouring the people who can afford to use it to their advantage, Chinese law is something very different."

Unfair? One third of the countries in the world use British common law as the basis of their legal system. British justice - envy of the world.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Last edited:

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
How is the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood a mate of President Obama?
The Obama administration adopted policies that appeared to favour the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt as regards aid to charities and Hilary called for Morsi's release after he was arrested. The administration went so far as to call for a ''process'' of his release. Obama used the term ''Moderate Islamists'' to describe the Muslim Brotherhood. In a speech at Cairo University in 2009 he appeared to endorse a pan-Islamist and trans-national answer to the Middle East's rule by military hardmen.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Hong Kong protests: China says protesters 'trample rule of law'

...also known as bring back colonial rule.

"Inside, they defaced the emblem of Hong Kong in the central chamber, raised the old British colonial flag, spray-painted messages across the walls and shattered furniture."

Ironically I reckon most if not all of these protestors were not even born much less intellectually conscious during colonial rule.

Scherensammler

Ratings
Hong Kong protests: China says protesters 'trample rule of law'

...also known as bring back colonial rule.

"Inside, they defaced the emblem of Hong Kong in the central chamber, raised the old British colonial flag, spray-painted messages across the walls and shattered furniture."

Ironically I reckon most if not all of these protestors were not even born much less intellectually conscious during colonial rule.
The real irony is that someone complained that the HK police let the protesters enter the parliament and vandalise the place to make them (the protesters) look "bad"!
So the plan was to get stopped by police and get beaten up (preferably in front of all available cameras)?
Why did they bring the flag and spray paint then?
After this protest they need to protest against the new treaty even more, because it now might affect them.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
$2.5 million for Trump’s Red Square parade that could go along way for national parks.

Hundred of soldiers will be reporting to duty stations at 0200 tomorrow when they could be home with their families.

This is why we have guilotines.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...09a566-9ce0-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html
Guillotine? Support your President.

If he wants a bigger military showing than North Korea, Russia and China combined, let him. Just make sure the nuclear arsenal demonstration is far away from me.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Does that mean you're not watching it on television?

I fully expected a B2 or F-117 or drone army fly by.
I’ve marched in a few parades. It sucks. Only good one is the ANZAC parade if you go to the pub when you get out at the end of the day - wear uniform and impress girlies with medals.

I’m at the pool with the kids today.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
China accuses U.K. of 'colonial mindset' over Hong Kong protest comments

"Liu Xiaoming, China's ambassador to London, told reporters on Thursday the U.K was still acting as Hong Kong's colonial master. 'In the minds of some people, they regard Hong Kong as still under British rule. They forget ... that Hong Kong has now returned to the embrace of the Motherland,' he said. Liu added: 'I tell them: hands off Hong Kong and show respect. This colonial mindset is still haunting the minds of some officials or politicians.'"

Ha - embrace of the motherland. More like mother is practising slow strangulation and suffocation.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
US politician Foster demands chaperone for interview with female reporter

"He cited the late Christian evangelist Billy Graham, who had said he would not spend time alone with any woman who was not his wife, as well as Vice-President Mike Pence, who has said he will not eat alone with a woman other than his wife."

I don't know what I feel more sorry about - the above statement or the fact he is 36 but looks more like 46.

Top Bottom