The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

_107449098_optimised-tory_ballot_2-nc.png

A coronation?

Business adds new clout to latest round of Hong Kong protests

"Unfair as the common law system shared by Canada, Britain and Hong Kong may be in favouring the people who can afford to use it to their advantage, Chinese law is something very different."

Unfair? One third of the countries in the world use British common law as the basis of their legal system. British justice - envy of the world.

How is the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood a mate of President Obama?

The Obama administration adopted policies that appeared to favour the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt as regards aid to charities and Hilary called for Morsi's release after he was arrested. The administration went so far as to call for a ''process'' of his release. Obama used the term ''Moderate Islamists'' to describe the Muslim Brotherhood. In a speech at Cairo University in 2009 he appeared to endorse a pan-Islamist and trans-national answer to the Middle East's rule by military hardmen.

Hong Kong protests: China says protesters 'trample rule of law'

...also known as bring back colonial rule.

"Inside, they defaced the emblem of Hong Kong in the central chamber, raised the old British colonial flag, spray-painted messages across the walls and shattered furniture."

Ironically I reckon most if not all of these protestors were not even born much less intellectually conscious during colonial rule.

Hong Kong protests: China says protesters 'trample rule of law'

...also known as bring back colonial rule.

"Inside, they defaced the emblem of Hong Kong in the central chamber, raised the old British colonial flag, spray-painted messages across the walls and shattered furniture."

Ironically I reckon most if not all of these protestors were not even born much less intellectually conscious during colonial rule.

The real irony is that someone complained that the HK police let the protesters enter the parliament and vandalise the place to make them (the protesters) look "bad"!
So the plan was to get stopped by police and get beaten up (preferably in front of all available cameras)?
Why did they bring the flag and spray paint then?
After this protest they need to protest against the new treaty even more, because it now might affect them.

$2.5 million for Trump’s Red Square parade that could go along way for national parks.

Hundred of soldiers will be reporting to duty stations at 0200 tomorrow when they could be home with their families.

This is why we have guilotines.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...09a566-9ce0-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html

Guillotine? Support your President.

If he wants a bigger military showing than North Korea, Russia and China combined, let him. Just make sure the nuclear arsenal demonstration is far away from me.

If he wants a bigger military showing than North Korea, Russia and China combined, let him.

B82DCA0B-5FB2-4691-85A9-4A88096836C7.jpeg

Let the poor buggers go home to their families instead of being ornaments for a giant campaign fundraising event.

Let the poor buggers go home to their families instead of being ornaments for a giant campaign fundraising event.

Does that mean you're not watching it on television?

I fully expected a B2 or F-117 or drone army fly by.

Does that mean you're not watching it on television?

I fully expected a B2 or F-117 or drone army fly by.

I’ve marched in a few parades. It sucks. Only good one is the ANZAC parade if you go to the pub when you get out at the end of the day - wear uniform and impress girlies with medals.

I’m at the pool with the kids today.

China accuses U.K. of 'colonial mindset' over Hong Kong protest comments

"Liu Xiaoming, China's ambassador to London, told reporters on Thursday the U.K was still acting as Hong Kong's colonial master. 'In the minds of some people, they regard Hong Kong as still under British rule. They forget ... that Hong Kong has now returned to the embrace of the Motherland,' he said. Liu added: 'I tell them: hands off Hong Kong and show respect. This colonial mindset is still haunting the minds of some officials or politicians.'"

Ha - embrace of the motherland. More like mother is practising slow strangulation and suffocation.

US politician Foster demands chaperone for interview with female reporter

"He cited the late Christian evangelist Billy Graham, who had said he would not spend time alone with any woman who was not his wife, as well as Vice-President Mike Pence, who has said he will not eat alone with a woman other than his wife."

I don't know what I feel more sorry about - the above statement or the fact he is 36 but looks more like 46.

190711-sanders-warren-al-1105_c29519b6a39c597b2a0168f9143332fe.fit-1000w.jpg

What happened to the fiery Hillary challenger known as Bernie Sanders?

Just imagine if those two cranked out a kid.

I imagine the honeymoon would have been interesting, in a Siberian teepee along the banks of tractor factory 28 at the height of the Soviet Union's resistance to Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher circa 1988. It doesn't get more intoxicating or glamorous than that!

Boris Johnson: Premiership will be the start of a golden age

On Wednesday, Mr Johnson gave key roles to leading Brexiteers. The appointments saw Sajid Javid as chancellor, and Dominic Raab and Priti Patel return to government.

Mr Raab was made foreign secretary and Ms Patel is home secretary.

More than half of Theresa May's old cabinet, including leadership rival Jeremy Hunt, quit or were sacked.

Other key appointments included:

• Stephen Barclay: Brexit secretary (retains post)
  • Michael Gove: Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, and no-deal Brexit planning
  • Ben Wallace: Defence secretary
  • Liz Truss: International trade secretary
  • Matt Hancock: Health secretary (retains post)
  • Gavin Williamson: Education secretary
  • Nicky Morgan: Culture secretary
  • Andrea Leadsom: Business secretary
  • Amber Rudd: Work and pensions secretary (retains post)
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg: Leader of the Commons

Boris Johnson: Premiership will be the start of a golden age

On Wednesday, Mr Johnson gave key roles to leading Brexiteers. The appointments saw Sajid Javid as chancellor, and Dominic Raab and Priti Patel return to government.

Mr Raab was made foreign secretary and Ms Patel is home secretary.

More than half of Theresa May's old cabinet, including leadership rival Jeremy Hunt, quit or were sacked.

Other key appointments included:

• Stephen Barclay: Brexit secretary (retains post)
  • Michael Gove: Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, and no-deal Brexit planning
  • Ben Wallace: Defence secretary
  • Liz Truss: International trade secretary
  • Matt Hancock: Health secretary (retains post)
  • Gavin Williamson: Education secretary
  • Nicky Morgan: Culture secretary
  • Andrea Leadsom: Business secretary
  • Amber Rudd: Work and pensions secretary (retains post)
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg: Leader of the Commons

He got straight down to business and burned Corbyn's badly exposed arse for nearly seven minutes straight:

Been waiting for this vibe since the Talking Heads got down and burned for 88 minutes on Stop Making Sense back in 1983:

Last edited:
He got straight down to business and burned Corbyn's badly exposed arse for nearly seven minutes straight:

Been waiting for this vibe since the Talking Heads got down and burned for 88 minutes on Stop Making Sense back in 1983:

he sounded like a bumbling idiot. i'm not sure why this impressed you so much.

he sounded like a bumbling idiot. i'm not sure why this impressed you so much.

Boris has been using the tactic of obfuscating stupidity with the bumbling yet likeable class clown act to destabilize his opponents for several years. And clearly it's worked as he is now Prime Minister. He must however, deliver a real Brexit by 31st October or he's toast.

Boris has been using the tactic of obfuscating stupidity with the bumbling yet likeable class clown act to destabilize his opponents for several years. And clearly it's worked as he is now Prime Minister. He must however, deliver a real Brexit by 31st October or he's toast.
odds on that actually happening have got to be close to 0 at this point.

odds on that actually happening have got to be close to 0 at this point.

The state of play:
1. Parliament on the basis of 3 failed attempts will not pass a deal with the detested Backstop.
2. The instransigent EU will not enter new negotiations as they don't do negotiations.
3. There is no work around to the above.
4. 31st October = No deal Brexit.
5. The failing EU tries to revive a Napoleonic/Continental system against the Brits in doing so exposes it's cold authoritarian
heart.
6. Most countries rebel at the above.
7. The EU tries authoritarian clamp-down and dissidents via EU army.
8. Proverbial hits fan as the EU implodes.
9. EU oligarchy flees before they are found swinging from lamp-posts.

5-9 are of course conjecture, but the vindictive nature of the EU oligarchy and ramping up of the money printing presses are all signs of its doom. If the UK breaks out, as is likely inevitable now, it will accelerate the EU's demise as other nations will quickly follow.

Huge relief and joy that May is gone at last.

Boris makes good initial speeches and creates new cabinet with mostly sound appointments. Rudd kept on presumably for tactical reasons. Javid made Chancellor of the Exchequer. Big mistake. Javid is not up to it. Deutsche Bank background too. He fell for Islamophobia plant in TV debates and dragged all the other candidates down with him. Javid is far too soft on immigration as well.

Boris says No. Barnier says No. Stand off. We will just have to see how it plays out.

A general election would be nothing to fear though - it’s a swamp draining opportunity. Apart from that Extreme Remain have no weapons left.

Huge relief and joy that May is gone at last.

Boris makes good initial speeches and creates new cabinet with mostly sound appointments. Rudd kept on presumably for tactical reasons. Javid made Chancellor of the Exchequer. Big mistake. Javid is not up to it. Deutsche Bank background too. He fell for Islamophobia plant in TV debates and dragged all the other candidates down with him. Javid is far too soft on immigration as well.

Boris says No. Barnier says No. Stand off. We will just have to see how it plays out.

A general election would be nothing to fear though - it’s a swamp draining opportunity. Apart from that Extreme Remain have no weapons left.

She was sapping the national psyche and pride with her reptilian antics and character deficiencies. Great that she's gone and Boris has done a good first job of a mostly positive cabinet with Brexiteers in all the right positions. Some are plants to offer a way back in for recalcitrant Remainers struck down with realpolitik and fear of the dole. I was disappointed with Penny Mordaunt, I had her down as a true Brexiteer who stayed on as a plant and Gladio agent, turns out she was indeed enthrall to the Remain cabal.

Little to fear from Corbyn's mob in a general election. His particular brand of two faced politics and cult marketing spin has been exposed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom