The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

"There are numerous unconfirmed reports of police officers crossing over to join protesters. In some areas, police also allowed demonstrators through their barricades."

Let the revolution begin.....

"The amount of electoral manipulation and repression required to engineer any election in the near future which the military party can win risks leaving any government formed after such an exercise with threadbare legitimacy. The alternative is many more years of military rule, the generals hoping that age and exclusion from power remove Aung San Suu Kyi, who is 75 years old, and the NLD, from the scene."

The new plan: let's just hope she dies of natural causes.

While Gov Abbott was blaming windmills and Ted Cruz was vacationing in Cancun, AOC is doing shit to actually help again.
036F9A34-66CF-4441-9F5C-06B0A6B35A7C.jpeg

As I was working this weekend, after exhausting the usual suspects of the Styx, Lionel Nation, Gad Saad, assorted Douglas Murray and Victor Hanson interviews, the first episode of Space 1999, I turned onto Sky News to have in the background as moving wall-paper and I caught that Sophy Ridge interview with Keir Starmer.

Wow: zero gravitas, dithering, unconvincing and no charisma. The only thing he has going for him, is that he is the best the Labour Party has to offer. They won't win back the Red Wall with that effete offering as leader.

As I was working this weekend, after exhausting the usual suspects of the Styx, Lionel Nation, Gad Saad, assorted Douglas Murray and Victor Hanson interviews, the first episode of Space 1999, I turned onto Sky News to have in the background as moving wall-paper and I caught that Sophy Ridge interview with Keir Starmer.

Wow: zero gravitas, dithering, unconvincing and no charisma. The only thing he has going for him, is that he is the best the Labour Party has to offer. They won't win back the Red Wall with that effete offering as leader.
Starmer is the least of Labour's problems...

Accurate (though I’d argue that true conservatives are also anti-Trump)

41C16552-C5DE-4C37-9280-7A6D347F1DA5.jpeg

The sleaze of French politics:

A corrupt French senior (ex)politician? Who'd of thunk it...!!!!

What is missing though, is some top-top illicit shagging...They're losing their touch!!

A corrupt French senior (ex)politician? Who'd of thunk it...!!!!

What is missing though, is some top-top illicit shagging...They're losing their touch!!
To be fair, he does have a rather splendid looking wife. Well, at least before she got Botoxed-up. I would have thought a Henri Charrière sentence more appropriate:

To be fair, he does have a rather splendid looking wife. Well, at least before she got Botoxed-up. I would have thought a Henri Charrière sentence more appropriate:

I've seen better-looking women than Bruni working behind the checkouts in ASDA.

I've seen better-looking women than Bruni working behind the checkouts in ASDA.
I quite liked her, as a warning, I also liked Valerie Trierweiler when she was girlfriend of Francois Hollande. She had a certain maturity and sexuality, that was very attractive.

Mainly I like a very certain type of red head. Like the one I married, a Cristina Hendricks type. That's my bag. Very rare indeed.

But as it happens, when we were in Haarlem the weekend, my missus mentioned there was an English lady at the Berkshire Butcher market store and it had English bacon. I went over to have a look and she was a good looking red head, but the bacon was that thick cut stuff. Later around the market I saw her again, she looked at me and weighed me up and smiled. I was her idea of a character, she probably sussed I was English straight away. Pretty much her to me me, without the missus telling me.

Last edited:
I quite liked her, as a warning, I also liked Valerie Trierweiler when she was girlfriend of Francois Hollande. She had a certain maturity and sexuality, that was very attractive.

Mainly I like a very certain type of red head. Like the one I married, a Cristina Hendricks type. That's my bag. Very rare indeed.

But as it happens, when we were in Haarlem the weekend, my missus mentioned there was an English lady at the Berkshire Butcher market store and it had English bacon. I went over to have a look and she was a good looking red head, but the bacon was that thick cut stuff. Later around the market I saw her again, she looked at me and weighed me up and smiled. I was her idea of a character, she probably sussed I was English straight away. Pretty much her to me me, without the missus telling me.
I can see the attraction(s) with Ms. Hendricks.

I'm constantly amazed at how many stunning women you see in everyday life.

Dutch and Danish can both offer decent rashers. I don’t know what gets injected into them( or British rashers) though.

I would pay extra to avoid all the water and nitrates. I am eating less processed meat but it is still enjoyable occasionally.

Dutch and Danish can both offer decent rashers. I don’t know what gets injected into them( or British rashers) though.

I would pay extra to avoid all the water and nitrates. I am eating less processed meat but it is still enjoyable occasionally.
I have bacon every couple of weeks at breakfast of the weekend. Not that often.

I’ve never really liked the stuff. Thankfully, because in the US bacon is just thin slices of fat.

From hero to zero in the timespan of nearly 12 months.

I don’t know what gets injected into them( or British rashers) though.

I would pay extra to avoid all the water and nitrates.

Some years back, my wife did some translating and interpreting work for a Japanese delegation that visited some large cattle and pig concerns.

She learned that the current term for slaughtering cattle is "turning off", as in "We turn off about 10,000 head per year here".

She also learned all about the process for curing bacon, including the injection of a brine solution into slabs of pork by a robotic device equipped with multiple needles. Her description of it was almost enough to put me off eating bacon. Almost...

It was never a democracy if you had a free vote on a limited bloc of seats that never amounted enough for an outright majority or selection of the local executive. At best you could say it was a slightly more palatable form of elections than the system in Burma. At worse it was a show.

The opposition conservative party are left with only two seats in parliament. Even the leader of the opposition couldn’t keep his seat. That is a hell of an endorsement for Labor’s handling of the pandemic response.

You know you're not loved when AOC, De Blasio, and Schumer are calling for your head.
Notice how they're going to take him out and give him a life line: sexual harassment.

No mention or justice for the tens of thousands he sentenced to death.

A great Emmy award though.

Now that's show biz folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom