The Official Henry Carter Thread

HenryC

In here I'll post some images and provide info and education on what it is we do, what is planned soon and what we aim to achieve for the future.

Henry Carter (my grandfathers name) was started in late 2011, I'd wanted to have my own label for a long time and had just sold my first apartment, some spare cash was available and then was the time otherwise it would never happen.

I have over 16 years experience in the menswear industry in various roles and companies, working mostly in the tailored clothing area.

We are in a bit of an expansion phase at the moment, with some wholesale retailers coming on board and a few more in the next 6 months lined up. Ties were our first foray and since then we've done (a bit half heartedly) cashmere scarves, gloves and socks. This season (S/S in Australia) I'm focussing mostly on ties and pocket squares and suspenders but for next F/W there are going to be a lot of new additions including more of the above but cashmere scarves, beanies and gloves made by Johnstons of Elgin, HC branded socks by Bresciani, peccary gloves from a secret unknown Italian maker and a sleeveless cardigan in thin gauge merino in a few colours, also made by Johnstons.

Anyway enough talking below are some pics of the current Macclesfields & Grenadines and we have linen/silks arriving next week sometime.

Burgundy grenadine grossa 2.jpg

IMG_8682.JPG

IMG_8689.JPG

IMG_8822.JPG

Forest grenadine grossa 1.jpg

IMG_8373.JPG

IMG_8728.jpg

Great to see your brand in here too!

I think I was HC's first mexican customer and I'm really happy with my ties. Can I share them?

Can't believe I missed this! Glad you got this up and running J. Looking forward to seeing what you've got to offer.

Do you sell your stuff on eBay? Or do you have an RSS feed for your website?

Can't believe I missed this! Glad you got this up and running J. Looking forward to seeing what you've got to offer.

Do you sell your stuff on eBay? Or do you have an RSS feed for your website?

Thanks and thanks for featuring. No I don't sell on ebay not good for the brand building side of things, just the site. I guess where I see my self fitting is around the Viola Milano, Shibumi quality level but at a better price point. Definitely a lot of people think $100 for a tie is a lot but compared to the $150-$200 that Drakes, VM etc charge I think it's very good value. The family owned company in Naples that make our ties have been doing it since 1968 so there is no compromising on the quality side of things.

Thanks
Well done. Great looking stuff.

The DH. We just got some new linen/silks in for the Australian summer as well. Probably not much interest to those of you heading in to winter but will post some anyway

blue dot linen 1.jpg

brown linen 2.jpg

denim linen front.jpg

light grey dots 1.jpg

peach linen 1.jpg

HC's ties are great, and also great value for money. I've got three dotted knit ties, one Sozzi x HC zigzag knit, and a couple of regular ties.

I don't need any more ties, but the chocolate print tie is calling to me very, very strongly and I don't think that I'll be able to resist for much longer.

Here are a couple of photos that I took a while back while I was over at a friend's place. The ties are both Henry Carter, the suits are by Deer Style (a local made-to-order business that I use) and the shirts are G.Inglese for Deer Style.

HC2.jpg

HC3.jpg

HenryC HenryC it doesn't need to be an eBay fees. I think I can work with any type of RSS feed of you have one setup from your website.

Dat brown melange and the green with white dots are nice!

HenryC HenryC it doesn't need to be an eBay fees. I think I can work with any type of RSS feed of you have one setup from your website.
Ah ok, I should have RSS set up but the link on the site doesn't seem to work. Have emailed my web guy to ask him about it though.

Ah ok, I should have RSS set up but the link on the site doesn't seem to work. Have emailed my web guy to ask him about it though.
Ok. Let me know if you get it figured out and I'll see if I can work it in here.

Despite it being almost summer here I'm doing lots of planning and already starting to buy for next A/W. Below are a couple of the non tie related things that are in the works -

1000x1000px-LL-4f3cfa59_AW15.jpeg

The family owned company that makes my ties are not a brand name but a manufacturer i.e they don't have a private label line that people are familiar with. Unless you lived in or around Naples or work in the industry you'd likely have never heard of them. They are the Malangone Family. I've dealt with some shitty suppliers in Italy like many foreigners have but this family are not one of them, one of the most gracious and accommodating companies I've ever dealt with. They make some stuff for Ralph Lauren and Brioni, among others (I'm only a small client really).

My pocket squares and Macclesfield fabrics I buy from Adamley, which many know well.

Braces are made by Albert Thurston.

Quite a bit of knitwear stuff coming for our winter will be made by Johnstons of Elgin (scarves, beanies etc)

Yes, completely handmade with the exception of our knit ties which can't be handmade apart from the finishing stitches.

HenryC HenryC I've always wondered about how a merchant like yourself decides on how many of a particular item to order from your suppliers? Do you set the numbers? Do the suppliers have a number that constitutes a minimum order and then you go from there?

Everyone has a min order but generally I order above that in a lot of cases. I've got a decent idea by now of what will sell through quicker than others and order appropriately. With fabric I order from Macclesfield directly though, I might just order 3-4 metres and ask the tie maker to make as much as he can.
Things like suspenders though which sell through a lot slower then I tend to order just min qtys.

Nope and I gave my old web guy the ass and still haven't replaced him. Will happen soon when I need some work done on the site.

Nope and I gave my old web guy the ass and still haven't replaced him. Will happen soon when I need some work done on the site.

Let me know if you need help with that, I know quite a few good developers. US based though.

Oh my… are you ready for my next purchase? :D

I definitely need from the first pic, from left to right, 1,2 and 4. And the chocolate shantung.

Oh my… are you ready for my next purchase? :D

I definitely need from the first pic, from left to right, 1,2 and 4. And the chocolate shantung.
Good man, look forward to it.

You really need to update this thread more often with beautiful shit like this. It helps to balance out the awfulness of the Disagreeable thread.
thanks I'll put some more up over the weekend now the images are edited and online

HenryC HenryC Well, the system default sizes the images to the settings in place. It was 1200x1200 so I sized it down to 800x800. I also increased the size of the thumbnail to 400, so that should make the thumbs easier to see.

Thanks for that on my phone now so can't really compare but 800 is what they are anyway, I dare say at 1200 they'd be losing some resolution. Thanks

Thanks for that on my phone now so can't really compare but 800 is what they are anyway, I dare say at 1200 they'd be losing some resolution. Thanks
Because it cuts the width to show in responsive, so they're basically both 400x each at this point. I think it looks a little better on the smaller screen.

As I said, this batch I awesome Jase, I really liked a lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom