The `rebounding thread'.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Rebounding said to be the gold star of workouts, and one of the easiest
Rebounding is to jump up and down on a trampoline or rebounder. Why? Because it is supposed to be the top all round workout one can have. It is supposed to exercise all the muscles in the body and do many amazing things to improve the health of the body.

I rebound because l want to be fit and stronger. I already feel fitter and stronger and have more muscle all over my body. I couldn't be bothered doing weights and running etc, but l can do rebounding consistently everyday.

People who rebound talk about great benefits in doing so.

Here is a 54 year old rebounder. Rebounding features heavily in her workouts, and this got my attention. Many fit people do rebounding as a core exercise.

Fit and chirpy at 54

Mother and daughter

The problems I have faced with cheap rebounders
I bought a cheap rebounder for $70. Immediately l knew it was bad because it was a hard bounce and it caused jarring on my body despite me being careful, and soon slight niggles and injuries happened to me. After watching rebounding videos l woke up that cheap rebounders are no good, and even expensive rebounders can injure pronating feet.

The solution to the misery
I was going in buy the Bellicon , but according to rebounding guru David Hall it can still cause injuries. Fortunately this video explained to me why it is well advised to buy the best rebounder on the market, the Cellerciser. My friend has had a Cellerciser for years and she recommends it. This is a great video comparing the two top end brands on the market!

Cellerciser vs. Bungees (Bellicon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VNDNrw3Rk&t=697s

I got my David Hall cellerciser today and had my first jump on it tonight. I am delighted with it. No more pains, and no more chronic fatigue and severe aching on the calf muscles after a few minutes. Jumping for 25 minutes was a pleasure instead of hard work. The better rebounders make all the difference and offer better foot support too. The difference between a cheap model and top range model is like night and day.

This is why l chose the cellerciser: it is said to offer the best support for the body and feet with it's patented technology.

I love my new one, but l am still looking for the ideal bounce. The support of the David Hall is great, but l also want to best of both worlds so l will get a Bellicon later in the year. These are expensive, but if l am going to jump up and down everyday for the rest of my life l want a really good one. Trampolines are like shoos, you gotta get a good one.
https://www.reboundforlife.com.au/shop/?v=6cc98ba2045f

Best to start off with a cheap model to see if jumping is your thing, and if you like it go for the better trampolines. A cheapy offers a rough ride where-as a better trampoline offers a smoother ride.

I'll do an update in a few weeks to report what an hour of jumping each day does for my body. There are a whole lot of people jumping out there and they are really into trampolines and have various models and know all about them. Many people really love to jump everyday, and l feel l could be one of those guys. It's an exercise l actually don't mind doing.

Shooey i dont want to sound like an asshole but isnt this just a trampoline?

No, it's a very special trampoline combining excellent technology and craftsmanship. Why?

Safety and technological design
1). when you jump down on the mat the feet won't roll over because the surface keeps them flat (other trampolines don't do this), so pronated feet won't become worse, nor will knees develop issues like is common with many other trampolines. Foot roll on trampolines can be a serious issue, and this is a major reason why l bought it. Imo the David Hall models minimizes chance of injuries more than any other trampoline.
2). when you jump down on the mat the special patented springs stretch out at the ends and then stretch in the middle and then stretch out in the center if needed so the spring stretches one section at a time so it is a soft and smooth bounce. Normal springs don't have that way of stretching so often trampolines will have a jarring bounce that damages the back and knees and joints.

Top American craftsmanship and materials
It's also a special customized American trampoline made to the highest standards. No spray painting the surface, it uses electroplating (more costly to do it this way). It also uses a special welding technique that is much stronger, and the springs use a patented technology and are 4 times the strength of normal steel springs, and the jump surface uses a special NASA technology material that is as strong as it gets and never breaks or rots, and it keeps the feet from rolling over.

This goes wayyy beyond your normal trampoline. It's the BIG John Lobb of tramolines, ie, it's a BIG daddy.

These springs don't just stretch out like normal springs. They are special springs, and only the David Hall trampoline has them. They really help stop injuries in my limited experience.
Celerciser springs.jpg

A man needs a good trampoline.

Constant rapid trampoline movement is bad for the brain and eyesight.

Also frequent nodding movement of head.

See Orthodox Jews and spectacle requirements.

See also Whirling Dervishes and balance issues late in life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom