the Strange and Unusual.

hossoso

Goes Missing More Often Than A Set Of Keys
Ratings
I've had fun polluting threads with odd images here and there like the disturbing dolls and bad taxidermy in Harvey's creep thread or the human women breast-feeding tigers, monkeys and pigs in the Boobs, Boobs, Boobs thread. Other weird things like the man pregnant with his twin brother or the tear-gas shooting fountain pen are fun and I particularly liked the Black Stork eugenics post last night and debating whether the people of Detroit would be more frightened by the Leprechaun or Vlad Tepes.

If you have anything to post please do, there will be limited commentary so ask questions if you want.

hossoso

Ratings

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
hossoso hossoso - I moved this to DT. Try and keep it all inside here.

Also, any pics in this thread need to be spoilered. God only knows what will come up in here. AND NO FUCKING DISGUSTING SHIT!

hossoso

Ratings
He has no idea how long it took me to find all those pictures of women breast-feeding animals. I had to commission several myself.

I believe I'll take my ball and go home.
Ah, spoke too soon. I guess they were spoilered because it causes lag?

Anyway, hell of a start. Immediately moved to DT, other content stricken and a stern warning. I'm starting to have trust issues.

OfficePants

Supporter
Ratings
Ya, I can imagine. Those lactating images were rare.

I'm frustrated. No love for reasonable extremes and such.

Now all we have is desensitized weirdness. I wanted to see people shedding their white picket fences.

Fine. Nice and clean...

hossoso

Ratings

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
No warnings. People having their genitals impaled is outside the boundaries. DT'ed because it contained the unusual. Spoilered because those images you linked were lagging like a son of a bitch. ESPECIALLY on mobile.

Betelgeuse

Waiting For The Cleaning Lady To Get Naked
Supporter
Ratings
I have to say that some of those photos are great. About the first post, I was scrolling and thinking: "Those guys know how to dress."

hossoso

Ratings
No warnings. People having their genitals impaled is outside the boundaries. DT'ed because it contained the unusual. Spoilered because those images you linked were lagging like a son of a bitch. ESPECIALLY on mobile.

Fair enough, but I didn't post any impaled genitals. The only images I have posted that would upset anyone are those depicting 19th century capital punishment in China. They were not in color and they were behind spoilers.

OfficePants

Supporter
Ratings
I posted the impaled balls, but Hoss egged me on (he's a troublemaker).

In my flaccid defense it was clearly spoilered with fair warning. Fucking tyranny.

hossoso

Ratings
I posted the impaled balls, but Hoss egged me on (he's a troublemaker).

In my flaccid defense it was clearly spoilered with fair warning. Fucking tyranny.

Oh, yeah. I didn't exactly discourage the gore, did I? Well, I guess I've got impaled genitals all over my face!

Sorry, Rambo. Just a slight misunderstanding.

OfficePants

Supporter
Ratings
Just so you know, a large swathe of Americanists would prefer gore to 1/2 a Janet Jackson tit.

Not saying this is right, but hey... it wasn't that bad.

hossoso

Ratings

was the author of dark, macabre, beloved children's books. The life he lived down to the clothes on his back were reflected in his illustrations. The young protagonists in his books were, more often than not, killed off whimsically. He wore furs and I don't believe ever actually attempted, or even offered, to harm a minor.

Chorn

Resident iGent
Supporter
Ratings
I'd say finding unusual images that don't offend the sensibilities, or at least just slightly push at them, as a lot harder than simply finding snuff type stuff.

hossoso hossoso , a lot of that was very interesting. I'll definitely be checking back in this thread once every few days. Bravo.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
I'd say finding unusual images that don't offend the sensibilities, or at least just slightly push at them, as a lot harder than simply finding snuff type stuff.

hossoso hossoso , a lot of that was very interesting. I'll definitely be checking back in this thread once every few days. Bravo.
Mission accomplished

hossoso

Ratings
You may have kissed this woman...

Resusci Annie (CPR Annie) is modeled after the death mask of a beautiful, anonymous young drowning victim pulled out of the Seine River in the 1880's. The public was so taken with her enigmatic beauty that her death mask became a popular and common objet d'art, displayed in homes across Europe--often drawing comparisons to the Mona Lisa. In 1960 a Norwegian toy maker chose Annie to be the face of his new invention, a training tool to teach people how to properly perform CPR.

Although her likeness is used the world over, she has never been identified.

hossoso

Ratings
I have to say that some of those photos are great. About the first post, I was scrolling and thinking: "Those guys know how to dress."

Given the content of your tumblr, I thought you might be interested in the design of Ekranoplans, a Soviet 'surface-effect' vehicle that would skim just above the water.

That these never caught on and achieved widespread usage is one of my most bitter and profound disappointments in life.

Much more at:
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/05/ekranoplans-showcase.html

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Ratings
This. Completely agree.

Given the content of your tumblr, I thought you might be interested in the design of Ekranoplans, a Soviet 'surface-effect' vehicle that would skim just above the water.

That these never caught on and achieved widespread usage is one of my most bitter and profound disappointments in life.

Much more at:
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/05/ekranoplans-showcase.html

Nice!

hossoso

Ratings

The 144', 13 story single-family home called the Sutyagin House was built by hand and without a plan or a permit in Arkhangelsk, Russia by entrepreneur/racketeer Nikolai Sutyagin. It was occupied for 15 years before the city condemned it as a fire hazard in 2008.

hossoso

Ratings
The Old West: Cowboys, Indians and the Family that Murdered Them When They Lodged at Their Inn.

The Bender family, John, his wife Kate, his son John Jr. and daughter Kate owned a general store and inn in Labette County, Kansas from 1872 to 1873. Kate, the daughter, a self-proclaimed psychic lured guests to their death. As the guests rested, Bender or his son hid behind a curtain waiting to bludgeon them with a hammer or slashed their throat before throwing them down a trap door to the cellar to be undressed body before burial. A property search turned up over 20 bodies. Nobody was ever tried for the murders.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/the bloody benders

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Ratings
WTF? People and their fanaticisms. If in itself, the fact of believing in one God or having several Gods, to me is strange and unusual.

E

ETF

If you have 45 minutes to spare, this is worthwhile (James Mason discusses true democracy and original victorian lavatory fittings in the same sentence at one point) -

hossoso

Ratings
If you have 45 minutes to spare, this is worthwhile (James Mason discusses true democracy and original victorian lavatory fittings in the same sentence at one point) -

I wanted to watch this, especially in light of your extracurricular interest in Gorey. The first 5 minutes are beautiful decay and I love the proper guide that can't seem to help but gossip. Then it asks me to install Veoh to watch the rest, when I try to do so... my computer claims not to support it. How the fuck did I watch the first 5 minutes then, right? I'll find a way to watch it soon.

Thanks for contributing, too. I think you and OfficialPlants are the only posters to add more than comments.

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Ratings
acidboy that is very common in Mexico here too. In a place called "Iztapalapa" in the "Holy Week" or that, they do something like that, but I don't know if they put the nails on their hands and feet.

When I was in Aguascalientes, I don't remember in what month this is, but they go from Aguascalientes to San Juan de los Lagos to a church, just to "thank the Guadalupe Virgin" for some miracle she conceeded them. It's a 16 hour walk... and believe, people do it. There are a tons of ambulances in the road cause a lot of people faint and all that stuff. So one time they told me if I wanted to go... I was shocked, I think I acted propoerly telling them that well I didn't believe in God or the Guadalupe Virgin and I'm not crazy enough to go on a 16 hour walk, when I can play 18 holes of golf. I think of it like unnecessary pain. This reminds me of an article of Luis Gonzalez de Alba, an atheist Mexican writer, that wrote one in an article: "What supposedly loving father, likes to see their children suffer? Only one with infinite fury. Why I will worship someone with infinite fury?"

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Ratings
hmmm... mexicans and filipinos do have a lot of shared heritage courtesy of spain.

Indeed. The Mexican Cultures used to adore some other Gods that they can saw, like rain, the sun, earthquakes and made sacrificies to please those Gods. Then the Spanish came and conquer and well replaced various Gods with only one but the same idea. Hehe.

Top Bottom