^I think that you just broke DressedWell with that post and exceeded our server limit - the page took about two minutes to load!

Thinking to one of this herringbone Fox soft tweed for a winter giaccia.

Screenshot_20180323-105632.jpg

it seems that they do stock some nice shirting though
My thoughts exactly

Edit: i would never buy linen for jackets or suits over the internet
One has to hold it next to ones face in order to understand whether it is FRESH and thus correct.

Last edited:
Linen has to be absolutely the best quality you can afford, and decent weight
otherwise it will just rip to shreds after a few wears

Linen has to be absolutely the best quality you can afford, and decent weight
otherwise it will just rip to shreds after a few wears

Hence the adage: You know your winning when you're wearing linen.

I will never buy a straight linen jacket again, shirts and pants for holidays okay.

Hence the adage: You know your winning when you're wearing linen.

I will never buy a straight linen jacket again, shirts and pants for holidays okay.

I olweis get linen trousers for summer but wear through them fairly quickly, cause I can't get the really good ones
A bit of cotton helps with longevity

I olweis get linen trousers for summer but wear through them fairly quickly, cause I can't get the really good ones
A bit of cotton helps with longevity

Right. A cotton-linen blend is the perfect compromise for summer trousers.

Dont we all hate cotton trousers?
Shrink
Get dirty
Throwaway shit
But still dont we all love cotton trousers?

Perfect summary. Cotton is a despicable and unsatisfying fabric but it has a constant appeal. I hate light cotton but super heavy cottons and moleskine are such great fabrics.

Dont we all hate cotton trousers?
Shrink
Get dirty
Throwaway shit
But still dont we all love cotton trousers?

I actually don't like cotton trousers. Blame the drape, or lack of it thereof
Linen with a bit of cotton might rumple but it does drape better

Fabric order for a summer sportcoat. That's not my finger.

View attachment 29295
undoubtely their production is good and more innovative than what is on offer by other english merchants. Nonetheless, the consensus among bespoke customers and tailors is that irish linen is generally better than the italian one. I don't know if this is true nowadays but when you commission something bespoke you generally trust the most authoritative voices in the matter (established bespoke clients and trustful tailors) and tend to avoid cloths that may be more short lasting.

Be aware that not all irish linen is heavy. I'm having made a jacket of irish linen which weight is 300g/m. It should be (relatively) bearable even during our summers.

undoubtely their production is good and more innovative than what is on offer by other english merchants. Nonetheless, the consensus among bespoke customers and tailors is that irish linen is generally better than the italian one. I don't know if this is true nowadays but when you commission something bespoke you generally trust the most authoritative voices in the matter (established bespoke clients and trustful tailors) and tend to avoid cloths that may be more short lasting.

Be aware that not all irish linen is heavy. I'm having made a jacket of irish linen which weight is 300g/m. It should be (relatively) bearable even during our summers.

Brilliant ghost post. You almost lost me.

Wise words.

Wise words.

Dear aristoi bcn aristoi bcn ,

I see your point, and I treasure both your knowledge and experience.

I went to SNAX on Easter weekend the year before last.

As you say, during the SNAX party the doors that separate Berghain from Lab.Oratory are open and one can freely walk between the two areas.

SNAX is essentially a large, leather and kink-themed circuit party.

In the Berghain part of the building (which is upstairs) men are mostly dancing and in the Lab.Oratory part of the building (which is downstairs) men are mostly fucking, but throughout the course of the party men will be moving continuously between the two areas.

If you go to SNAX you should go prepared to dance and to fuck (it would be a wasted opportunity to do one and not the other, in my opinion). A lot of the men will be on party drugs, so you should expect that. Most men will be wearing leather gear, sports gear, rubber, or at least black comfortable shorts. Dress accordingly.

The party lasts for two days so you can go whenever is comfortable and convenient for you. Some guys go the first day; others go the second day. When i went, i arrived earlier and I spent about 11 hours there, but as I was leaving more guys were just arriving.

Best,

Dimitris

Dear aristoi bcn aristoi bcn ,

I see your point, and I treasure both your knowledge and experience.

I went to SNAX on Easter weekend the year before last.

As you say, during the SNAX party the doors that separate Berghain from Lab.Oratory are open and one can freely walk between the two areas.

SNAX is essentially a large, leather and kink-themed circuit party.

In the Berghain part of the building (which is upstairs) men are mostly dancing and in the Lab.Oratory part of the building (which is downstairs) men are mostly fucking, but throughout the course of the party men will be moving continuously between the two areas.

If you go to SNAX you should go prepared to dance and to fuck (it would be a wasted opportunity to do one and not the other, in my opinion). A lot of the men will be on party drugs, so you should expect that. Most men will be wearing leather gear, sports gear, rubber, or at least black comfortable shorts. Dress accordingly.

The party lasts for two days so you can go whenever is comfortable and convenient for you. Some guys go the first day; others go the second day. When i went, i arrived earlier and I spent about 11 hours there, but as I was leaving more guys were just arriving.

Best,

Dimitris

Ghost post gangbang. Too powerful drug for me. I must quit this forum.

Fammi la domanda:ti stai stancando di me?........si......ora mi stai stancando!!!!!
Preferisco restar solo!!!!!
Scusami ho sbagliatodestinatario!!!!!!ahahahahahah sorry!!!

Sì sei stanco e sociopatico ma senza di te il forum non sarebbe lo stesso.

Any recommendations about heavy overcoatings? Interested by this Harrison's golden bale-cashmere. True fabrics science requested. No ghost post pls.

DSC_4610 (425x640)-500x500.jpg

I would not call 21 ounce "heavy" even if it has a touch of cashmere
I would not call 21 ounce "heavy" even if it has a touch of cashmere

I don't live in a icebox. France has a mild climate and temperatures rarely fall under -5°c -10°c max. I think it's a reasonable compromise. But I admit I've never worn garments weighing more than 600gr. I prefered to be cautious to not be crushed under the weight of the coat.

Does anyone know where to see/find Loro Piana storm system fabrics? Almost impossible to find their bunch online.

Does anyone know where to see/find Loro Piana storm system fabrics? Almost impossible to find their bunch online.

Sometimes you can find lengths in ebay. I'm also interested, a raglan coat made in Storm System would be very useful for me.

Go the Lora Piana store in Paris ask to see garments made of the fabric. They might even have the books to look at but obviously they will not sell you by the meter. I have seen it being sold on eBay pretty regularly.

I don't live in a icebox. France has a mild climate and temperatures rarely fall under -5°c -10°c max. I think it's a reasonable compromise. But I admit I've never worn garments weighing more than 600gr. I prefered to be cautious to not be crushed under the weight of the coat.

I get it. Just don't call it heavyweight. The weather in France or India does not dicate how tissue is described except in your world.

That is like calling 13 ounce tweed heavyweight because you live in Cairo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom