The Trump Presidency

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
It's pretty wild.

They control all three branches of government and can't even manage to keep it open. It's stunning incompetence and tone deafness.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Yeah, that too, Nixon was freer with applying regulations which is more in line with today's Democrats, but Reagan's immigration ideas and his target tax rates are almost identical to current Democratic ones.
On a policy level, sure, Dems occupy the same center-right position Nixon did forty years ago. Interventionist economically and on foreign policy, a little closer to the center on social issues and the environment, etc. Republicans right before the neocons took over.

But honestly I think that is being kind to the current “opposition”, who are so wrapped-up in identity politics, special interest coalitions, corporate sponsorship and maintaining the neolib status m while putting a glossing, vapid ‘spin’ on pretending they offer any substantial alternative. Forward together with hope and rainbows.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
On a policy level, sure, Dems occupy the same center-right position Nixon did forty years ago. Interventionist economically and on foreign policy, a little closer to the center on social issues and the environment, etc. Republicans right before the neocons took over.

But honestly I think that is being kind to the current “opposition”, who are so wrapped-up in identity politics, special interest coalitions, corporate sponsorship and maintaining the neolib status m while putting a glossing, vapid ‘spin’ on pretending they offer any substantial alternative. Forward together with hope and rainbows.
You are proving the point with that second paragraph.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
What point?

I will say Nixon and Trump both had a similar foreign policy strategy of hinting there was some cunning secret plan ready to deploy any minute, while really having no clue. Also hinting at a bit of craziness and willingness to unleash WW3.

My dad voted for Nixon because he promised to end the Viet Nam War quickly- and with honour.

Trump just magnifies the the madness tenfold and doesn’t have a Kissinger to turn it to strategic advantage.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Hey what about the tweets comparing the Fed and economy to golf? Everything should be broken down to terms that the President can relate to.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Trump to troops, in Iraq: U.S. no longer 'the suckers of the world'

"'America shouldn’t be doing the fighting for every nation on earth, not being reimbursed in many cases at all. If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price,' Trump said. 'And sometimes that’s also a monetary price, so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers.'"

The United States military is now out for hire for money?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings

Should Americans be worried the government shuts down so often you have a nicely printed sign like that? I would have assumed a shut down happens so infrequently it is black marker on a piece of paper.

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
Ratings

This guy gets it right. AOC is an entitled millennial, who is a fraud and is espousing utopian, marxist garbage.
She'll get run up and down the flagpole since she's the left's star child and do nothing worthwhile and/or sell out.

Michael Savage also gets AOC right.

InstaHate

Ratings
I like the ones where he is shirtless with a leather duster.

AOC is very, very annoying. I appreciate some of her sentiments, but many of her policy positions are completely decoupled from reality.

The degree with which the Dems share that feeling is interesting, but the media’s (both left and right) fascination with her is as annoying as she is.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
AOC is very, very annoying. I appreciate some of her sentiments, but many of her policy positions are completely decoupled from reality.
please, feel free to elaborate on this. since the only thing she's actually proposed is an effectively weak tea green 'new deal', free college, and free health care, i'm just dying to know how she's so completely out of her mind.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
please, feel free to elaborate on this. since the only thing she's actually proposed is an effectively weak tea green 'new deal', free college, and free health care, i'm just dying to know how she's so completely out of her mind.
Pol Pot with dance moves:

0A138B0C-5C58-49F4-B1CD-98CB9EB5D3FF.jpeg

Top Bottom