A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

Interesting article, that seems to gloss over the inconvenient truth that the Germans (those in West Germany anyway) in the 1950's were rebuilding on the magnanimity of the USA through the Marshall Plan. They weren't just friendly to the USA because of the threat of the Soviet Union, they were existing on USA dole money as to were the UK and the rest of Western Europe.

Merkel and Macron are going to crash the EU project between them. One instinctively worries when Germany say's it's time to take the European destiny in our own hands. Macron will do exactly as he is told, for he's nothing but a cucked patsy. Both these two parties are barren. In the case of Merkel we see the needs to be the mother of the nation and indeed Europe. She is like a mumsified Erdogan. As the EU project reveals it's true authoritarian hand, we will start to see and experience what a female autocratic state looks like.

Merkel's position seems to be that the USA and UK fail to praise me/us and so we must reject them as negatively as possible. If Trump had licked her ass and hailed her as the true leader of the free world it would all have gone rather splendidly. This marketing Merkel as the anointed by Obama alt-progessive leader of the free world is farcical.

I am afraid with much of Europe it's going to have to be a case of maintaining splendid isolation, until such time and it will come, when they have to beg the USA and UK to come and save them.

Macron will do exactly as he is told, for he's nothing but a cucked patsy.

You are delirious. Macron is by far the strongest of the leaders, Merkel's free ride just ended. He just verbally bitch slapped Putin to his face, it was glorious. He is the EU's only hope.

Even the opposition in Germany is over the Orange Baboon. This is Merkel's chief rival who is currently running against her. So bad even he calls it out.

Too many German cars sold in America. Yup 7% of light vehicle sales. Is he selling his 3 or 4 Mercedes?

You are delirious. Macron is by far the strongest of the leaders, Merkel's free ride just ended. He just verbally bitch slapped Putin to his face, it was glorious. He is the EU's only hope.

Even the opposition in Germany is over the Orange Baboon. This is Merkel's chief rival who is currently running against her. So bad even he calls it out.

The Germans are not paying their way in NATO, they expect the Americans and Brits to pick-up their tab. Bringing the self-righteous Merkel down a peg or two to address this is warranted. Non-diplomatic language if required.

The constant mission to bitch slap Putin is hubris and over reach, as the Ukraine proves. I am intrigued that Merkel and Macron can go out of their way to denigrate Russia, as if it doesn't have it's own strategic interests and yet, when it comes to the Islamic invasion of Europe, they are simply delighted. The game they are playing doesn't end well, it was tried in Iran during the revolution and it ended badly for everyone except the ayatollah Khomeini and his cronies.

The Germans are not paying their way in NATO, they expect the Americans and Brits to pick-up their tab. Bringing the self-righteous Merkel down a peg or two to address this is warranted. Non-diplomatic language if required.

The constant mission to bitch slap Putin is hubris and over reach, as the Ukraine proves. I am intrigued that Merkel and Macron can go out of their way to denigrate Russia, as if it doesn't have it's own strategic interests and yet, when it comes to the Islamic invasion of Europe, they are simply delighted. The game they are playing doesn't end well, it was tried it Iran during the revolution and it ended badly for everyone except the ayatollah Khomeini and his cronies.

It has nothing to do with "paying their way", we are paying because it's a net benefit to us to have them bulwark against Russian encroachment.

I'd love to see a citation that anyone is "delighted" by the migrant influx as well, you know that's an absurd statement.

The constant mission to bitch slap Putin is hubris and over reach, as the Ukraine proves.

Correct. So Merkel got told. Good. Not enough getting told happening if you ask me.

What exactly did Metrosex von Macron say to Putin that is getting so much attention? I don't get it.

Correct. So Merkel got told. Good. Not enough getting told happening if you ask me.

What exactly did Metrosex von Macron say to Putin that is getting so much attention? I don't get it.

If anyone is metrosexual it's us, no? I don't see Macron yapping on a forum about menswear.

This thread by Jay Cost is good for explaining why many generally right leaning people are opposed to Trump.

Macron and Merkel work for the same people that hide in the shadows, whatever you want to call them.
And whatever Macron said about Putin, I doubt he would have done it to his actual face.
M&M don't have any real power. Should the people who brought them into their position decide to get rid of them they'd be gone in a heart beat.
Martin Schulz is just the other side of the Merkel- Coin. He was hyped by German MSM for a while, then he got destroyed a few weeks later, pointing out what a shitty EU parliament president he was. Merkel's supporter planned that wisely.
Schulz and Merkel have welcomed the Muslim migrants on many occasions, Schulz called them "worth more than gold"! And Merkel, well, she opened the flood gates. Against existing international and EU laws.

And whatever Macron said about Putin, I doubt he would have done it to his actual face.

592c408bc46188a45b8b4600.jpg

Why Is Every Story About Macron And Putin Exactly The Same?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...cron-and-putin-exactly-the-same/#75fc218e12fd

Whether it's Reuters or the anti-Putin tabloid The Daily Beast, every headline today about the meeting between newly elected French president Emmanuel Macron and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, reads the same: Macron took it to Putin over fake news, Syria and gay rights. There is nothing else to see. Progressive nice guy Macron spanked evil backer of dictators, Putin.

So what exactly did he say? That Russia tried to influence the elections in favour of LePen?
That's high and mighty coming from a guy who had about as much MSM support as Hillary had. Every flipping newspaper, rainbow press media outlet hailed him as the new hope for France, Europe and the world.
Not to mention possible voters fraud in his favour as well.

BTW, it was already clear beforehand how this would go. Like I said, M&M work for the same people, so Russia bashing it is.
You can see how frustrated Putin is, though. Waste of time trying to talk to European "leaders" these days.

So what exactly did he say? That Russia tried to influence the elections in favour of LePen?
That's high and mighty coming from a guy who had about as much MSM support as Hillary had. Every flipping newspaper, rainbow press media outlet hailed him as the new hope for France, Europe and the world.
Not to mention possible voters fraud in his favour as well.

BTW, it was already clear beforehand how this would go. Like I said, M&M work for the same people, so Russia bashing it is.
You can see how frustrated Putin is, though. Waste of time trying to talk to European "leaders" these days.

That's why I asked. I can't really find what he actually said. I get like a sentence, but mostly it's what the forbes article is saying: there seems to be this global talking point and everyone is just regurgitating it. Marcon is a leftist corporate global government darling.

Germans need the US market way more than the other way around.
You have framed the problem incorrectly. It should be more like "the US need the world market more than the other way round". Let me tell you why. Forget about cars, that's what idiots like Trump see. Think about why Tesla recently bought Grohmann and why they absolutely had to. About 40% of industrial machinery/equipment sales in the US are imported. For the important parts, this cannot possibly be changed short- or even mid-term eg 3-5 years. It might not even be possible to fundamentally change that long-term, who knows, but what is most certain: Our dear orange leader is fucking clueless and has no idea whatsoever how to tackle this.

What happened to his face? It does look like Wladi had some botched plastic surgery. Or maybe a tanning bed accident. What a fruitcake.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/leaks-arent-real-story-they-shouldnt-be-ignored

This morning, CNN reported that

Russian government officials discussed having potentially "derogatory" information about then-presidential candidate Donald Trump and some of his top aides in conversations intercepted by US intelligence during the 2016 election, according to two former intelligence officials and a congressional source.

One source described the information as financial in nature and said the discussion centered on whether the Russians had leverage over Trump's inner circle. The source said the intercepted communications suggested to US intelligence that Russians believed "they had the ability to influence the administration through the derogatory information."

This is potentially very significant for the ongoing investigations into ties between Trump’s campaign and Russia. A foreign adversary claiming to believe it could influence a presidential administration—contrary to President Trump’s prior claims—is on no set of facts less significant than the fact that such information was disclosed to the press. So, no, the leaks aren’t the “real” story here.

However, we can’t ignore the leaks either.

This marks at least the second time highly-specific information regarding signals intelligence collection has been publicly revealed in the Trump-Russia affair. The first was back in February, when media outlets reported that—contrary to express denials by the White House—former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn had discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador to the United States Sergei Kislyak. That information was probably known because Kislyak, as the agent of a foreign power, was subject to communications monitoring. The revelation lead to Flynn’s forced resignation.

At the time, both Adam Klein and Tim Edgar wrote about the troubling nature of the Flynn disclosures on Lawfare. Certainly both were right about the extraordinary nature of those disclosure and the difficult questions they raise. I cannot recall any other time in which the contents of FISA intercepts were disclosed to the media in this manner. The Flynn disclosure posed security risks to sources and methods by revealing that a precise communication channel had been compromised. And, as both Tim and Adam noted, it violated laws and guidelines designed to protect not only security but civil liberties as well.

Even among the security-minded, however, that particular episode posed a countervailing set of extraordinary circumstances. As Sally Yates testified, there were individuals in the US government who believed Flynn was in a position to be compromised by Russia, posing a grave national security risk. And despite the information’s being reported through the ordinary channels, no protective action was taken and White House officials were making materially false statements on the matter to the American public. Helen Murillo and I previous wrote on the law of leaks, situating the Flynn disclosures in the motivational typologies offered by David Pozen:

Pozen suggests that although leakiness is “often taken to be a sign of institutional failure, “t may be better understood as an adaptive response to key external liabilities—such as the mistrust generated by presidential secret keeping and media manipulation—and internal pathologies—such as overclassification and fragmentation across a sprawling bureaucracy—of the modern administrative state.”

It may be true in a functional system that leaks ease secrecy restrictions to mitigate issues of public trust. With the Trump administration, however, the liability is not external, with the leakers aiming to fortify the President and federal bureaucracy against public perceptions of illegitimacy. Instead, the bureaucracy mistrusts and fears President Trump himself.

One need not condone the leaks in that instance to view them at least in part as an adaptive response to a system failure. Rightly or wrongly, those who viewed Flynn as a national security threat may have justified the leaks as the only available response to the failure of the President to take action to mitigate the threat and the compounding failure of the White House lying to the public.

Whatever mitigating circumstances might have been offered in defense of the Flynn leaks, however, simply don’t exist here.

There are now two viable channels available to individuals who might be concerned about the Trump administration’s improperly interfering to prevent this information from being investigated or addressed. There are active congressional investigations, one of which is credible, and there is the Russia investigation headed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Those inquiries have the ability to investigate the underlying claims in a way that is insulated from White House interference. The Senate investigation also has mechanisms to bring appropriate information to the public should extraordinary need arise. This means that people in possession of important but sensitive information can share it with those who have the capacity to intake and handle it securely as well as the ability to take necessary action.

The existence of available alternative channels makes it especially difficult to justify these particular disclosure, which involve signals intercepts information regarding Americans. Information to, from, or about “US persons” is treated with extraordinary care by the statutes and guidelines governing signals intelligence. The nature of foreign intelligence surveillance requires different standards for collection than we are accustomed to in domestic law enforcement. Because US citizens information is sometimes acquired in contexts where the ordinary procedures safeguarding constitutional rights are unavailable, requiring that the information be handled with particular care is one way to mitigate the heightened risks. One of the most important protections is that information is not shared outside the proper channels or for purposes that are not consistent with foreign intelligence or law enforcement.

To publicly reveal this kind of US persons information for political purposes is an abuse. To the extent there were open debates over whether that is what happened to Michael Flynn, it seems clear that this newest information was leaked in order to increase political pressure on the President. That sets a dangerous precedent.

Disregarding the sanctity of information collected for foreign intelligence purposes, risks eroding the important civil liberties protections embodied by that sanctity. The strongest protection is rooted in broad principles about how this type of information should be used, not personal assessments about the greater good. Those who feared that the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the Flynn episode would invite a general loosening in the degree of care are being vindicated by both the newest leaks and the current climate generally. It is now open season on leaks of classified information. Despite Trump’s finger pointing, the worst offenders seem to be within his own White House. Yet, this latest story is clearly sourced to former intelligence officials, and it implicates a category of intelligence in which the breach of faith with the American people is especially grave. The response to leaks is always more leaks, as various actors seek to clarify or even mitigate harm. While ultimately the issue here is at the top, it is a mistake for current and former intelligence officials to play the White House’s game and respond by becoming careless with the protection of secrets we keep for very good reasons.

For individuals who have serious concerns regarding the conduct of the President and his inner circle, it is tempting to turn a blind eye to these disclosures. The President’s statements about leaks give rise to concerns that he is seeking to distract from questions about his own behavior and relationships, questions about which the American people are entitled to have answers. And there is genuine risk that the White House will seek to use investigations into leaks as a pretext for engaging in political retaliation against those they percieve as opponents. The result is a perception that acknowledging the gravity of these leaks legitimizes or plays into the White House’s false and dangerous narrative.

These are perilous times. We face questions regarding the intentions, conduct, and honor of our own President and his inner circle that bear—without exaggeration—on the future health of our Republic. That is why it is now more important than ever to insist that individuals entrusted with access to sensitive information be worthy of that trust.

There has been a shift from dumb leaks to dangerous ones.

You have framed the problem incorrectly. It should be more like "the US need the world market more than the other way round". Let me tell you why. Forget about cars, that's what idiots like Trump see. Think about why Tesla recently bought Grohmann and why they absolutely had to. About 40% of industrial machinery/equipment sales in the US are imported. For the important parts, this cannot possibly be changed short- or even mid-term eg 3-5 years. It might not even be possible to fundamentally change that long-term, who knows, but what is most certain: Our dear orange leader is fucking clueless and has no idea whatsoever how to tackle this.

I can frame a problem any way I wish, what you really mean is lets frame the problem away from your bias to mine.

Let me circle back to a simple question. If trade stopped between Germany and the US, Germany would suffer more. Agree or disagree?

The car industry is a $2 trillion a year industry. Why exactly shouldn't Trump give this any attention?

Why is tackling imported equipment sales so important, and what evidence do you have that he's clueless?

I can frame a problem any way I wish, what you really mean is lets frame the problem away from your bias to mine.

Let me circle back to a simple question. If trade stopped between Germany and the US, Germany would suffer more. Agree or disagree?

The car industry is a $2 trillion a year industry. Why exactly shouldn't Trump give this any attention?

Why is tackling imported equipment sales so important, and what evidence do you have that he's clueless?
I have no idea how that would turn out, please provide briefing. Interesting, but a fair bit hypothetical. Probably not even that. Exhibit 1 for obvious cluelessness: Not knowing how trade works. E.g. this not being bilateral etc you know all the fake news I guess. So while I still appreciate the intent, WHAT DOES OUR DEAR ORANGE LEADER PLAN TO DO TO BRING BACK JOBS JOBS JOBS AND START WINNING IN TRADE?

I have no idea how that would turn out, please provide briefing. Interesting, but a fair bit hypothetical. Probably not even that. Exhibit 1 for obvious cluelessness: Not knowing how trade works. E.g. this not being bilateral etc you know all the fake news I guess. So while I still appreciate the intent, WHAT DOES OUR DEAR ORANGE LEADER PLAN TO DO TO BRING BACK JOBS JOBS JOBS AND START WINNING IN TRADE?

Boring. Let me know when you get coherent/sober.

Virginia election officials finally concede that there are 5,000 non-citizens on the voter roles.

Guess those must be the Russians we are looking for.

Kathy Griffin was photographed with a picture of a decapitated Trump head, depicting a beheaded sitting US president.

Muslims behead people.

And I have said before, leftists are muslim sympathizers.

She issued an apology that was almost impossibly more creepy than the photo.

Anyone care to defend this? Grand Potentate Grand Potentate güero güero Monkeyface Monkeyface doghouse doghouse viaattovannucci

View attachment 23135

D-list "comic" trying to grab attention and prevent falling to E-list status

Kathy Griffin was photographed with a picture of a decapitated Trump head, depicting a beheaded sitting US president.

Muslims behead people.

And I have said before, leftists are muslim sympathizers.

She issued an apology that was almost impossibly more creepy than the photo.

Anyone care to defend this? Grand Potentate Grand Potentate güero güero Monkeyface Monkeyface doghouse doghouse viaattovannucci

View attachment 23135
no one gives a shit about this. stop cluttering the thread with every useless bullshit breitbart tmz clickbait article already. we get it. leftists are the bane of your existence. you're the one that bitched up a storm about substantive discussion. maybe you should take your own advice.

oh and while i'm here doghouse doghouse cut us some slack with these twitter links. its annoying enough to click out but then i have to click through to 4 other twitter streams to get to what the joke or article or whatever wapo think piece they're talking about, it starts to get tedious.

no one gives a shit about this. stop cluttering the thread with every useless bullshit breitbart tmz clickbait article already. we get it. leftists are the bane of your existence. you're the one that bitched up a storm about substantive discussion. maybe you should take your own advice.

oh and while i'm here doghouse doghouse cut us some slack with these twitter links. its annoying enough to click out but then i have to click through to 4 other twitter streams to get to what the joke or article or whatever wapo think piece they're talking about, it starts to get tedious.

"no one gives a shit about this"

Really Rambo? An American citizen posts a pic like that and you chastise me for cluttering? This insane behavior isn't substantive?

Leftists aren't the bane of my existence. Low IQ people are, and you're officially one of them.

Take care fellas, I'm bored and sapping time away here from building my business. All hope is lost in this circle jerk, internet forums worked in 2007, but are are dead.

"no one gives a shit about this"

Really Rambo? An American citizen posts a pic like that and you chastise me for cluttering? This insane behavior isn't substantive?

Leftists aren't the bane of my existence. Low IQ people are, and you're officially one of them.

Take care fellas, I'm bored and sapping time away here from building my business. All hope is lost in this circle jerk, internet forums worked in 2007, but are are dead.
Boring. Let me know when you get coherent/sober.
^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom