A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

It's pretty wild.

They control all three branches of government and can't even manage to keep it open. It's stunning incompetence and tone deafness.

Just look at the policy positions. It's pretty cut and dried stuff. Democrat positions right now are essentially where Ronald Reagan was.

I'm not saying they look sane, I'm just saying that the Dems look less sane. It looks a mess over there.

Yeah, that too, Nixon was freer with applying regulations which is more in line with today's Democrats, but Reagan's immigration ideas and his target tax rates are almost identical to current Democratic ones.

On a policy level, sure, Dems occupy the same center-right position Nixon did forty years ago. Interventionist economically and on foreign policy, a little closer to the center on social issues and the environment, etc. Republicans right before the neocons took over.

But honestly I think that is being kind to the current “opposition”, who are so wrapped-up in identity politics, special interest coalitions, corporate sponsorship and maintaining the neolib status m while putting a glossing, vapid ‘spin’ on pretending they offer any substantial alternative. Forward together with hope and rainbows.

On a policy level, sure, Dems occupy the same center-right position Nixon did forty years ago. Interventionist economically and on foreign policy, a little closer to the center on social issues and the environment, etc. Republicans right before the neocons took over.

But honestly I think that is being kind to the current “opposition”, who are so wrapped-up in identity politics, special interest coalitions, corporate sponsorship and maintaining the neolib status m while putting a glossing, vapid ‘spin’ on pretending they offer any substantial alternative. Forward together with hope and rainbows.

You are proving the point with that second paragraph.

What point?

I will say Nixon and Trump both had a similar foreign policy strategy of hinting there was some cunning secret plan ready to deploy any minute, while really having no clue. Also hinting at a bit of craziness and willingness to unleash WW3.

My dad voted for Nixon because he promised to end the Viet Nam War quickly- and with honour.

Trump just magnifies the the madness tenfold and doesn’t have a Kissinger to turn it to strategic advantage.

Private contractors in Syria on behalf of the US? No one learnt from the Blackwater debacle?

Trump foreign policy in a nutshell: ‘ nothing formal, just tweets’
A2D54577-5CB6-4B53-879C-741EF78C19B9.jpeg

Hey what about the tweets comparing the Fed and economy to golf? Everything should be broken down to terms that the President can relate to.

Trump to troops, in Iraq: U.S. no longer 'the suckers of the world'

"'America shouldn’t be doing the fighting for every nation on earth, not being reimbursed in many cases at all. If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price,' Trump said. 'And sometimes that’s also a monetary price, so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers.'"

The United States military is now out for hire for money?

_104933107_mediaitem104933105.jpg

Should Americans be worried the government shuts down so often you have a nicely printed sign like that? I would have assumed a shut down happens so infrequently it is black marker on a piece of paper.

trump-border-wall.jpg

Does he intentionally sit like that or it's a natural pose of his? I don't remember that on The Apprentice.

No way in hell Jim would ever take that job now.

I wonder if Pertaeus would?

Patraeus or Webb?
Webb. That man loves nothing more than the spotlight.

But, now that you mention it, there's nothing el trumpo likes more than a big splash, and Patraeus would be a huge get.

Still think it would be webb though.

Webb probably would have taken it, if offered two years ago. He won’t now.

Isn't he hiding from the public because of sexual harassment or he cheated or ..whatever...

He declined an award Annapolis because of a 1977 paper he wrote suggesting women were not suited to combat roles.

Tonight is the night. Prime time for the President to convince everyone about the wall and who needs to pay for it.

Walls are built not because you hate the people outside but because you love the people within them.

It's like a marriage to a Saudi.

This guy gets it right. AOC is an entitled millennial, who is a fraud and is espousing utopian, marxist garbage.
She'll get run up and down the flagpole since she's the left's star child and do nothing worthwhile and/or sell out.

Michael Savage also gets AOC right.

We are going to need an executive summary here. Not going to watch 1h 20 m of political youtube.

I like the ones where he is shirtless with a leather duster.

AOC is very, very annoying. I appreciate some of her sentiments, but many of her policy positions are completely decoupled from reality.

The degree with which the Dems share that feeling is interesting, but the media’s (both left and right) fascination with her is as annoying as she is.

AOC is very, very annoying. I appreciate some of her sentiments, but many of her policy positions are completely decoupled from reality.
please, feel free to elaborate on this. since the only thing she's actually proposed is an effectively weak tea green 'new deal', free college, and free health care, i'm just dying to know how she's so completely out of her mind.

please, feel free to elaborate on this. since the only thing she's actually proposed is an effectively weak tea green 'new deal', free college, and free health care, i'm just dying to know how she's so completely out of her mind.

Pol Pot with dance moves:

0A138B0C-5C58-49F4-B1CD-98CB9EB5D3FF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom