A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

Here you go:

uga uga trump uga sjw uga uga wall uga uga soros uga marxist antifa uga uga

Of course she's a Marxist: she wants the American economy centrally commanded by a poliburo of 15 technocrats unanswerable to your Congress.

I like the ones where he is shirtless with a leather duster.

AOC is very, very annoying. I appreciate some of her sentiments, but many of her policy positions are completely decoupled from reality.

The degree with which the Dems share that feeling is interesting, but the media’s (both left and right) fascination with her is as annoying as she is.

You can't deliver what she proposes i.e. a carbon free economy on sentiments and sound bites. She does resonate to our times in that she's a completely spin doctored creation and that she speaks to wealthy celebrities and leftists, the Twitterati and darling of the MSM, whilst pretending to speak for the downtrodden. She's clearly being groomed, another Trudeau figure in the making. And have no doubt she's revered globally amongst the privilege classes.

please, feel free to elaborate on this. since the only thing she's actually proposed is an effectively weak tea green 'new deal', free college, and free health care, i'm just dying to know how she's so completely out of her mind.

It's the gummy bear watermelon strategy to marketing communism. If you listen closely to the Green New Deal it is as she admits: on the scale of WWII with the intention of worker battalions and the total mobilization of society. It's frightening and that's before you get into the bad science behind it.

Nothing is actually ''free'' is it? The so called envy of the world the NHS in the UK free at the point of delivery, but is not fit for the 21st century and a lot of cancer treatments are a lottery. You'll get it in one post code and another you'll get nothing. The outcomes are often quite poor. I understand the cost of medical insurance in the USA is extremely high compared to other western nations, but going the ''free'' NHS route is not the answer.

Last edited:
Of course she's a Marxist: she wants the American economy centrally commanded by a poliburo of 15 technocrats unanswerable to your Congress.
so just the way it is now? please tell me how anyone at all in congress can effect the economy in any single way, shape, or form?

You can't deliver what she proposes i.e. a carbon free economy on sentiments and sound bites. She does resonate to our times in that she's a completely spin doctored creation and that she speaks to wealthy celebrities and leftists, the Twitterati and darling of the MSM, whilst pretending to speak for the downtrodden. She's clearly being groomed, another Trudeau figure in the making. And have no doubt she's revered globally amongst the privilege classes.
actually they hate her to death and call her dumb. let me tell you that one 28 year old woman from new york is NOT going to solve any of our problems. but at least she's proposing some worthwhile solutions. more than i can say for the rest of this sorry ass lot we've got.

It's the gummy bear watermelon strategy to marketing communism. If you listen closely to the Green New Deal it is as she admits: on the scale of WWII with the intention of worker battalions and the total mobilization of society. It's frightening and that's before you get into the bad science behind it.
excellent. the last time the economy was at its peak was post ww2. that is exactly the kind of setup (not the war, the production) that we need. climate change deniers should be deported to saudi arabia.
Nothing is actually ''free'' is it? The so called envy of the world the NHS in the UK free at the point of delivery, but is not fit for the 21st century and a lot of cancer treatments are a lottery.
well that's largely because the torries have been fucking over the nhs for years now. i'm sure formby formby could speak to that better. but its not about the quality of care. and i'd rather play a slight lottery on the lottery chance that i get a cancer than live the entirety of my life being ground down into dust by a predatory capitalistic health care system that's only intent is making its protected classes of people even richer.

The outcomes are often quite poor.
this is a complete lie. if you have even a shred of proof on this i'd love to see it.
I understand the cost of medical insurance in the USA is extremely high compared to other western nations, but going the ''free'' NHS route is not the answer.
of course it is. but if you have a better solution i'm all ears. we have an entire thread dedicated to the US healthcare system. by all means feel free to contribute to it.

so just the way it is now? please tell me how anyone at all in congress can effect the economy in any single way, shape, or form?

actually they hate her to death and call her dumb. let me tell you that one 28 year old woman from new york is NOT going to solve any of our problems. but at least she's proposing some worthwhile solutions. more than i can say for the rest of this sorry ass lot we've got.

excellent. the last time the economy was at its peak was post ww2. that is exactly the kind of setup (not the war, the production) that we need. climate change deniers should be deported to saudi arabia.

well that's largely because the torries have been fucking over the nhs for years now. i'm sure formby formby could speak to that better. but its not about the quality of care. and i'd rather play a slight lottery on the lottery chance that i get a cancer than live the entirety of my life being ground down into dust by a predatory capitalistic health care system that's only intent is making its protected classes of people even richer.

this is a complete lie. if you have even a shred of proof on this i'd love to see it.

of course it is. but if you have a better solution I'm all ears. we have an entire thread dedicated to the US healthcare system. by all means feel free to contribute to it.

The delightful, and ever-fragrant Mrs F. works for the NHS. And she is constantly in a state of woe.

Too much bureaucracy, too much managerial bullshit, an upside down hierarchical structure that puts those who know the most, the medical staff at the bottom and those who know the least at the top. People living longer but not healthier, not training enough staff, staff retention due to piss poor morale, idiot members of the public fucking up their health, politicastion of the service, and its turning into a political football so that political parties can bludgeon each other in the house of commons....&c.

I cant even be bothered to post a link, but this idiot has catered the Clemson football visit with hundreds of Big Macs.

This is seriously the most ghetto thing I've ever seen.

I cant even be bothered to post a link, but this idiot has catered the Clemson football visit with hundreds of Big Macs.

not that i think this is newsworthy, but what were people expecting? phesant under glass? is there a standard fare for national championship winners?

It's not ghetto. It's presidential. He eats at McDonald's all the time:

"The president's go-to McDonald's order was two Big Macs, two Filet-o-Fish sandwiches, and a large chocolate shake, according to former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and top Trump campaign aide David Bossie."

And the President will eat two Big Macs himself and that's half his meal.

[comic tuba music plays]

02ACEA18-96C1-4EAC-AFBD-FB2761905FAE.jpeg

not that i think this is newsworthy, but what were people expecting? phesant under glass? is there a standard fare for national championship winners?

Steak I would imagine.

The dipping sauces in fine silver made me legit lol.

Do you think its disrespectful to the players, gives it a 'frat house' feel, no? Presuming this is a college team.

It's disrespectful to the players, disrespectful to the White House, to America in general, etc., etc...

As Grand Potentate Grand Potentate says it's not super newsworthy, which is why I didn't even bother with a link or photo, but just mind numbingly ridiculous. Every day I think he can't be any more of a garbage human, he manages to top himself.

It's disrespectful to the players, disrespectful to the White House, to America in general, etc., etc...

As Grand Potentate Grand Potentate says it's not super newsworthy, which is why I didn't even bother with a link or photo, but just mind numbingly ridiculous. Every day I think he can't be any more of a garbage human, he manages to top himself.

If you don't respect the person do you still respect the office?

Bill Shankly OBE is famous for the quote: Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. And is revered in the world of football and yet....despite being a footballer himself, he considered the fans more important than the star footballers and when it came to dining after the match, he thought the players were best relegated to the egg and chips side of the restaurant.

The thing that i dont get is, wont all that food have been cold by the time the players arrived? I didnt see any heating lamps or hot plates.

Can someone explain to me about the “shutdown”

Is it like a Supply Bill lies in the table or has been rejected?

Or do each agency have to have a monthly budget approved or something

I can’t imagine a parallel here

Congress is the only body allowed to set the yearly budget. It has to be passed through both houses.

Can someone explain to me about the “shutdown”

Is it like a Supply Bill lies in the table or has been rejected?

Or do each agency have to have a monthly budget approved or something

I can’t imagine a parallel here
the basic view on this is that they're not paying anyone until they get what they want. by holding the functions of government hostage until their demands are met they can effectively immiserate people into doing what they want.

Here if Supply is rejected (twice I think) the Gov can call an election of both houses - a Double Dissolution. All seats are thrown open.

So its what we call SUPPLY BILL??

And it's only once a year?
For all Gov X?

It can be annual, or they can pass a continuing resolution for a smaller duration. Which isn't ideal because it just kicks the can slightly further down the road and let's politicians avoid any real work. We actually had a full budget last year I think but there has been a lot of CRs for the past decade.

Edit: They can break it up and fund specific parts of the Government if they want, but are choosing not to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom