A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

Is Hanson the guy who teaches his kids to avoid black men because they have a higher rate of criminality?

His contributions to National Review can be pretty solid.

Is Hanson the guy who teaches his kids to avoid black men because they have a higher rate of criminality?
His contributions to National Review can be pretty solid.

That particular article relates to the violent urban culture in your inner cities and was a retort to another piece and was drawing attention to the situation there that young African-American males are more likely to be victims and also the perpetrators of violent crime. There is real danger in your inner-cities as Americans and even us foreign folk know. ''The Talk'' in both pieces is a real fact of life in America and in the aftermath he was pointing out the absurdity of focusing on white on black crime and making a big media circus when black on black gang crime is ignored and accepted as the norm and not a trend that should be addressed.

His work is solid and the strategists in the Democrats will likely do well to read his book as it will give them insight and tips how to counteract the Trump phenomena and mystique.

I don’t know who War Nerd is, but don’t you often cite Styx?

I post Styx, as I quite like him as a commentator. The War Nerd has very little credibility and has been completely wrong on many warzone subjects. My favourite being his vision of Libya after Gaddafi with everyone living on the beach having a good time.

I post Styx, as I quite like him as a commentator. The War Nerd has very little credibility and has been completely wrong on many warzone subjects. My favourite being his vision of Libya after Gaddafi with everyone living on the beach having a good time.
you have proof on that?

not to mention that wasn't an article espousing his credibility but attacking VDH's. it doesn't matter that he had or had been wrong before.

you have proof on that?

not to mention that wasn't an article espousing his credibility but attacking VDH's. it doesn't matter that he had or had been wrong before.

It's one of the War Nerd columns in EXiled from just after the overthrow of Gaddafi. Seek and ye shall find.

The Kansas City Fed serves either the largest or second largest area of the United States. There are only 12 Federal Reserve banks, one for each of the 12 Federal Reserve Districts.

I don’t know much about Cain, but he’s probably one of the more qualified of Trump’s various picks.

Now that he has 'won' the argument with John McCain, Trump has started a fight with the ghost of Barbara Bush.

The Kansas City Fed serves either the largest or second largest area of the United States. There are only 12 Federal Reserve banks, one for each of the 12 Federal Reserve Districts.

I don’t know much about Cain, but he’s probably one of the more qualified of Trump’s various picks.

He was the one who came up with the 9-9-9 plan during the presidential campaign.

"The plan would replace the current tax code with a 9-percent business transactions tax, a 9-percent personal income tax, and a 9-percent federal sales tax."

That campaign was derailed because multiple women came out to accuse him of sexual harassment and one said she had a multi year affair with him. Maybe I remember him vividly because I was in Atlanta at the time and that's his hometown.

Kirstjen Nielsen: US Homeland Security chief resigns

"The US Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen, who enforced some of President Donald Trump's controversial border policies, has resigned. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan will replace her temporarily, Mr Trump said. Ms Nielsen was responsible for the proposed border wall with Mexico and the separation of migrant families. Her resignation came after the president indicated he wanted to follow a 'tougher' immigration policy."

Separation of migrant families wasn't tough enough.

All-Seeing-Trump-Trump-Zoltar-Fortune-Telling-Machine-Misfortunes-Columbus-Circle-Trump-International-NYC_4.jpg

Mueller report found Trump directed White House lawyer to 'do crazy s---"
"Trump, the 448-page report reveals, was panicked when he first found out about Mueller's appointment, saying: 'Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m f---ed,' citing testimony from then Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ chief of staff.

'How could you let this happen, Jeff?' Trump continued, telling Sessions something to the effect of, 'You were supposed to protect me. ... This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.'"

Yeah Jeff, you were supposed to protect me the President not just focus on upholding your duties and responsibilities to the nation and its people...

An in-law has borderline personality disorder and is a narcissist. Trump's actions are perfectly in line with my experience with theirs.

You think this stuff is absurd, or that you can win with reason and logic, but the reality is incomprehensible: Every sentence of every interaction has a winner and a loser, and these people absolutely cannot allow themselves to lose.

It's just too painful for their psyche, so they'll go to the most absurd lengths to win, even if it means they do a 180 from one sentence to the next. The reality is, they don't keep track; it's only winning in the moment. No future, no past. And it's all-or-nothing. No point is too big or small, they're all the same.

An in-law has borderline personality disorder and is a narcissist. Trump's actions are perfectly in line with my experience with theirs.

You think this stuff is absurd, or that you can win with reason and logic, but the reality is incomprehensible: Every sentence of every interaction has a winner and a loser, and these people absolutely cannot allow themselves to lose.

It's just too painful for their psyche, so they'll go to the most absurd lengths to win, even if it means they do a 180 from one sentence to the next. The reality is, they don't keep track; it's only winning in the moment. No future, no past. And it's all-or-nothing. No point is too big or small, they're all the same.

And yet, Trump has empathy that Clinton lacked. I'm not convinced that Trump is a narcissist. He has a big ego mind you.

And yet, Trump has empathy that Clinton lacked. I'm not convinced that Trump is a narcissist. He has a big ego mind you.

You refer to Hil, not Bill, I believe. Empathy, or at least feigned empathy was one of Bill's more famous traits.

Neither Clinton has anything to do with the comparison of Trump's current behavior with my BPD in-law. Trump/Clinton is past, his behaviors are present.

Last edited:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/barr-declines-testify-house-judiciary-committee-n1000951

"Attorney General William Barr will not testify before the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday, the Justice Department said Wednesday.

The Justice Department and Democrats on the committee had been at odds over whether the attorney general could be questioned by staffers, in additional to lawmakers. Barr wanted to be questioned only by House members."

Mate - you need to recuse yourself and then count the days when your boss throws you under the bus.

Dems burnt the candle on the Muller investigation only to be hugely disappointed over the result; the desperation is obviously showing. Mueller did not deliver the blow as they have all hoped, and no they are using Barr as an scapegoat. Very pathetic.

House Judiciary Committee votes to hold Barr in contempt after Trump asserts executive privilege

"If the full House of Representatives votes to hold him in contempt, however, it might not result in any specific punishment. When Republicans controlled the House in 2012, they voted to hold President Barack Obama’s attorney general, Eric Holder, in contempt over the administration’s failure to turn over documents. In 2014, a federal judge declined the committee’s bid to hold Holder in contempt of court."

Is being AG in the Trump administration now a poison chalice?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...le-he-s-betting-his-political-future-n1005121

"The gamble is that he can bring China to its knees before economic pain devastates his political coalition. He comes to the fight with strong ratings on the economy, an electorate that is mistrustful of both China and trade, and a political base that is so deeply loyal it has been willing, so far, to endure the bruises in service of his overall goals.

But there's concern, even in GOP circles, that the dam may not hold forever."

Damn it. There goes my double digit return on my retirement savings.

"The gamble is that he can bring China to its knees before economic pain devastates his political coalition. He comes to the fight with strong ratings on the economy, an electorate that is mistrustful of both China and trade, and a political base that is so deeply loyal it has been willing, so far, to endure the bruises in service of his overall goals."

The depressing thing is that neither Trump nor many of his supporters appear to understand how tariffs actually work. Trump seems to think that when the US puts tariffs in place on goods made in China, that China (or Chinese people) end up paying money to the US.

In general (although not always) tariffs result in a price increase for imported goods. This, in turn, acts to push consumers away from such goods due to the higher prices. So, at least until the US finds other sources to obtain products from, it will have to continue buying from China and US consumers will most likely end up paying higher prices. In other words, the money from the tariffs actually comes from US consumers, not from China.

:facepalm:

In other words, the money from the tariffs actually comes from US consumers, not from China.

But if we all buy American and re-tool our service economy to do heavy manufacturing then we're all set. Non-tariffed countries like the great communist nation of Vietnam are preferred.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/us-targets-another-300-billion-chinese-goods-1.5134868

"The two governments have given themselves a few more days to make peace before their latest tariff hikes hit.

Chinese tariffs announced Monday don't take effect until June 1, 2½ weeks from now. The U.S. increases apply to Chinese goods shipped starting Friday, which will take about three weeks to cross the Pacific and arrive at U.S. ports.

Tariff increases already in place have disrupted trade in American soybeans and Chinese medical equipment. That has sent shockwaves through other Asian economies that supply Chinese factories.

Beijing is running out of U.S. imports to penalize because of their lopsided trade balance. Chinese regulators have instead targeted American companies in China by slowing down the clearing of shipments through customs and the processing of business licences."

Beijing is running out of US imports to penalize. Does that mean President Trump is winning Journeyman Journeyman ?

Just some small weapons. Let’s continue the name calling of political enemies shall we?

Robert Mueller statement: What special counsel really meant

"'There was insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy,' the now former special counsel said - and left it at that.

A finding of 'insufficient evidence' isn't exactly the 'total exoneration' that Mr Trump claimed shortly after his attorney general released a four-page summary of Mueller's report in March. And in his first response to the Mueller statement, the president appeared much less definitive in his defence.

'There was insufficient evidence and therefore, in our Country, a person is innocent,' Mr Trump tweeted. 'The case is closed!'"

Case closed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom