A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

It is what it is?

Seriously though. He was about to lose the election in a landslide and then get into a protracted fight to stay out of jail for tax fraud. This is a real October Surprise wildcard. What happens if he dies days before the election? I don’t think anyone knows how this might affect the election.

If nothing else, he will spend the rest of his life ragetweeting about how the election was stolen from him and he would have won if not for the China Plague.

Last edited:
It is what it is?

Seriously though. He was about to lose the election in a landslide and then get into a protracted fight to stay out of jail for tax fraud. This is a real October Surprise wildcard. What happens if he dies days before the election? I don’t think anyone knows how this might affect the election.

If nothing else, he will spend the rest of his life ragetweeting about how the election was stolen from him and he would have won if not for the China Plague.
i shouldn't have to explain this to you of all people.

ian welsh said it well today:

"
I’m not going to be a pious hypocrite about this. And if anyone who has been saying that Trump’s a fascist dictator planning a coup if the election doesn’t go his way claims to not want him to die, well, that’s beyond pathetic. (The only argument is if you think Pence would be worse, but why not pray for them both to die?)

Moreover, Trump buggered up America’s Covid response beyond belief. If he dies now, well, he sure didn’t care about other people dying.

Probably this is another thing polite, sanctimonious hypocritical middle class society won’t allow you to say, and I’ll get emails and comments telling me I’m a Baaaaddddd person.

Oh well. Trump hurt tons of people, even before he was President. It’s a pity that Boris Johnson recovered. Trump’ll probably make it, despite being high risk, because he’ll get the very best care, the sort of treatment he’s never cared (despite saying he did) if other Americans have. Won’t go bankrupt paying for it either.

(None of this has much to do with empathy or sympathy. I feel empathy and sympathy for Trump and have for a long time. He’s clear a miserable damaged person.)"

He can die a miserable death after the election for all I care. But this is a political wildcard that could screw things up for the country in unimaginable ways. What if Trump and his militias deem the election invalid because he wasn’t able to campaign? What if he does right before the election - does it go ahead and a vote for Trump = a vote for Pence or do they postpone it and find a candidate who could actually win?

He can die a miserable death after the election for all I care. But this is a political wildcard that could screw things up for the country in unimaginable ways. What if Trump and his militias deem the election invalid because he wasn’t able to campaign? What if he does right before the election - does it go ahead and a vote for Trump = a vote for Pence or do they postpone it and find a candidate who could actually win?
But he could do all the election things anyways. honestly he lacks the charisma that trump has so it would be a win as far as campaigning goes.

My main concern is how this will play into every Trumpian, QAnon, militia and Pimpy’s weird YouTubers conspiracy theory and validate everyone working to claim that that upcoming election results are illegitimate. We were already inching towards a coup or civil war and this is the wildcard that just destabilises everything further.

Who, what and where are the "Trump militias"? I didn't know there were any. I have joked with my stepson that if there were a "Trump Militia" and he didn't enlist, I'd disinherit him!

Bolnosaro did not die. Lukashenko did not die. Even Boris Johnson left the ICU.

It's the President of the United States. I can't imagine they wouldn't use the entire powers of the CDC, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo, Johns Hopkins and the White House medical doctors to keep him alive. It's the greatest superpower on earth. I expect he will be kept alive like Palpatine in Star Wars.

My main concern is how this will play into every Trumpian, QAnon, militia and Pimpy’s weird YouTubers conspiracy theory and validate everyone working to claim that that upcoming election results are illegitimate. We were already inching towards a coup or civil war and this is the wildcard that just destabilises everything further.

Like these guys, for example:

Vice President Pence takes over in the case of incapacity, but where it gets interesting, if Pence gets ill, Congress could enact the 1947 Presidential Succession Act. This places the Speaker of the House of Representatives next in the line of succession, followed by the president of the Senate and then members of the Cabinet.

It doesn't destabilize the structure of governance, but clearly, if Trump doesn't recover, or he returns diminished or is ill for a long time then it will weigh heavy on the election, or make his candidacy in doubt.

Vice President Pence takes over in the case of incapacity, but where it gets interesting, if Pence gets ill, Congress could enact the 1947 Presidential Succession Act. This places the Speaker of the House of Representatives next in the line of succession, followed by the president of the Senate and then members of the Cabinet.

It doesn't destabilize the structure of governance, but clearly, if Trump doesn't recover, or he returns diminished or is ill for a long time then it will weigh heavy on the election, or make his candidacy in doubt.

I wouldn't say make his candidacy in doubt. It would put doubts on a Biden win since the election was against an incapacitated candidate who couldn't campaign.

Early voting has started and ballots are all printed. If the Republicans change their candidate now, it will be a mess.

If this is correct ....

65CB29BC-A398-47FB-9638-553F88CD9567.jpeg

'Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die... For political theatre. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theatre. This is insanity.'

'Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die... For political theatre. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theatre. This is insanity.'

Could be like Uber. They put up plexiglass or a plastic sheet. And of course the driver wears a mask. Maybe one of the windows was slightly open for circulation.

White House Press Sec. McEnany says she has tested positive for coronavirus this morning.

On steroids. After the high, come the crash.

That could well be true, but likely they'll ween him off slowly and blend it in to his natural effervescent force of nature personality. Unless they go full-on President Kennedy/Prince lets keep him high as a kite forever on these vitamin shots.

That come with a price too. The shots he has been given already, ain't handed out like candy for a reason.
Obviously he is feeling threatened, and will do anything to perform in the next debate.

That come with a price too. The shots he has been given already, ain't handed out like candy for a reason.
Obviously he is feeling threatened, and will do anything to perform in the next debate.

Interestingly, the Dutch newspapers are now advising a shortage of Remdesivir. Perhaps Trump whizzed the lot?

I've just gone the the Vitamin D and Zinc self-medicating route. Can't say I'm getting much of a steroid buzz.

Interestingly, the Dutch newspapers are now advising a shortage of Remdesivir. Perhaps Trump whizzed the lot?

I've just gone the the Vitamin D and Zinc self-medicating route. Can't say I'm getting much of a steroid buzz.

FYI: zinc overdose symptoms are somewhat similar to covid19.

FYI: zinc overdose symptoms are somewhat similar to covid19.

I'm taking 10mg 100% daily requirement of Zinc a day. That's not likely to result in an immediate overdose.

As I've recently had a low vitamin D blood test, I'm taking Super D3 Extra Sterk at 1500% daily requirement. I thought that might be a tad too much, but they said with low vitamin D you need that for a the winter season to boost it back up.

I'm taking 10mg 100% daily requirement of Zinc a day. That's not likely to result in an immediate overdose.

As I've recently had a low vitamin D blood test, I'm taking Super D3 Extra Sterk at 1500% daily requirement. I thought that might be a tad too much, but they said with low vitamin D you need that for a the winter season to boost it back up.
5000 iu is a good dose. Not sure what the RDA is. You want the D3 form not the synthetic form. You can take up to 50mg of zinc easily.

I took out a subscription to the UK's Telegraph as I was fed-up with the click-bait sensationalism of the non-paywall Brit press. I know The Times has gone Woke, so I took The Telegraph's subscription is the sensible center-right choice. To my dismay, it has several anti-Trump opinion pieces daily, all at the level of Orange Man Bad, he's mad and very dangerous, get your daily hate in now. Sad.

I took out a subscription to the UK's Telegraph as I was fed-up with the click-bait sensationalism of the non-paywall Brit press. I know The Times has gone Woke, so I took The Telegraph's subscription is the sensible center-right choice. To my dismay, it has several anti-Trump opinion pieces daily, all at the level of Orange Man Bad, he's mad and very dangerous, get your daily hate in now. Sad.

Haven't read an article from the Telegraph in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom