The War in the Ukraine

güero

Talk to me like a 5 year old daddy
Don't know if there are more videos in English but what little I've watched from the other ones, those are well-informed and -structured videos on what's happening at the frontlines:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Russia exchanging Azov Regt. prisoners:

Wasn’t that supposed to be the whole reason for the invasion?

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
Russia exchanging Azov Regt. prisoners:

Wasn’t that supposed to be the whole reason for the invasion?

Low level nazis were released after WW2 too.

In other news...

• Since his announcement yesterday morning, Russian men have been fleeing across the border to Georgia. Two people who crossed told the BBC a queue of at least 5km (3.1 miles) had built up on the Russian side at the Upper Lars checkpoint
  • Putin's order also sparked protests on Wednesday which led to more than 1,000 people being arrested

Alright! 1,000 conscripts are now available for Wagner to use as cannon fodder.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing

Fwiffo

Supporter

Ukrainska Pravda reports that Ukraine has handed Viktor Medvedchuk over to Russia. [A businessman and pro-Russian politician], he is the godfather of Putin’s daughter and is suspected of treason in Ukraine.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Mr Zelensky detailed allegations of war crimes in the city, including against one man said to have been castrated and murdered.
'Why are the Russian military so obsessed with castration?' he asked."

Time to start castrating in retaliation - it's only just punishment.

prince nez

Supporter

"Mr Zelensky detailed allegations of war crimes in the city, including against one man said to have been castrated and murdered.
'Why are the Russian military so obsessed with castration?' he asked."

Time to start castrating in retaliation - it's only just punishment.
PRO TIP come here and say things like "time to start castrating in rataliation" around me and the people I know; on my mother's life I could make one phone call and send you back to puberty with your balls cut off and stuffed in your face, later to be found in a ditch on the outskirts of Tijuana by Polica Federal. No joke, have respect for everybody and yourself or deal with the consequences of your actions. That is grown man talk so handle your business accordingly.

Fwiffo

Supporter
PRO TIP come here and say things like "time to start castrating in rataliation" around me and the people I know; on my mother's life I could make one phone call and send you back to puberty with your balls cut off and stuffed in your face, later to be found in a ditch on the outskirts of Tijuana by Polica Federal. No joke, have respect for everybody and yourself or deal with the consequences of your actions. That is grown man talk so handle your business accordingly.

Why? Do you think I am Ukrainian or Russian? I'm not even slav.

Fwiffo

Supporter
The Venn diagram of covidiot antivaxxers and Z symps would look like a circle.

The women of Dagestan beg to differ.

"'Why are you taking our children,' the women shouted. 'Who was attacked? Russia was attacked? They didn't come to us. It was us attacking Ukraine. Russia has attacked Ukraine! Stop the war!'"

That said, there is another stance out there in the public and media. Is the steady (or not so) of western ammunition and supplies keeping the conflict going?

Fwiffo

Supporter

Was that really the safest place to wait for evacuation? Some of those sounded pretty close.

güero

It's far more likely the US did it than Russia. Though it's a smart move for both of them.

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
It's far more likely the US did it than Russia. Though it's a smart move for both of them.
as a proxy the us would be involved but the subs don't operate at that depth. several think it might be the polish others a conglomerate.

prince nez

Supporter

"That's what scares weak men and they're all fleeing the country"

So says one of my Armenian relatives in St.P. Of course, little chance they'll ask her to pick up a rifle, though she could be mistaken for a man what with her luscious moustache.

Fwiffo

Supporter

Welcome to Russia...now go fight for your new motherland.

"The self-styled referendum is bringing a new threat to the local population - mobilisation. Many men could be drafted to fight for the Russian army.
Russian soldiers are already going house to house in some villages and writing down the names of male residents, local residents say. They claim soldiers have told them to be ready for a call-up after the referendum. Men aged 18-35 are reportedly not allowed to leave the occupied territories any more."

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Mike Fulwood, a senior research fellow at the independent Oxford Institute for Energy Studies told the BBC sabotage was, indeed, the most likely cause of the leaks. 'To rupture an offshore pipeline is a rare occurrence, so three in 18 hours would be a big coincidence,' he said. If the sabotage was indeed committed by Russia, this was a 'bizarre' move, he said, as it had already shut supplies off."

On the video interview he says he's scratching his head wondering why the Russians would damage their own pipeline when gas wasn't going through it. It could be a false flag action.

This guy thinks it's all Russia.

güero

Interesting. On the other hand twitter people wondered in January already why there was a Russian pipeline construction ship (in company) operating in the vicinity of the leaks. In general the Russians have a lot more and easier access, they could have prepared everything years ago during construction. The US have more interest and benefit though I think.

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Interesting. On the other hand twitter people wondered in January already why there was a Russian pipeline construction ship (in company) operating in the vicinity of the leaks. In general the Russians have a lot more and easier access, they could have prepared everything years ago during construction. The US have more interest and benefit though I think.
absolutely would not be shocked to learn we were the hand steering the ship on this. we're basically trying to turn eurpoe into a satropy at this point.

prince nez

Supporter

"Mike Fulwood, a senior research fellow at the independent Oxford Institute for Energy Studies told the BBC sabotage was, indeed, the most likely cause of the leaks. 'To rupture an offshore pipeline is a rare occurrence, so three in 18 hours would be a big coincidence,' he said. If the sabotage was indeed committed by Russia, this was a 'bizarre' move, he said, as it had already shut supplies off."

On the video interview he says he's scratching his head wondering why the Russians would damage their own pipeline when gas wasn't going through it. It could be a false flag action.

This guy thinks it's all Russia.

LMFAO. Yeah, well the Americans would know all about false flag operations. "Jet fuel can't melt construction steel...." Destroying your major leverage against western Europe is a real big brain play.

Sounds like BALTOPS was a massive BALLSUP...

Fwiffo

Supporter
Here comes Dad’s Army:

How is this any different than what Ukraine did? All men 18 to 60 must remain to be called up and not travel far away from their registered address.

Russia does it after and it is desperate, unprofessional, and laughable. Ukraine does it and it is heroic, honourable, and inspiring.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
How is this any different than what Ukraine did? All men 18 to 60 must remain to be called up and not travel far away from their registered address.

Russia does it after and it is desperate, unprofessional, and laughable. Ukraine does it and it is heroic, honourable, and inspiring.

Hypocrisy.

Show me where Russia states it is an existential struggle, throwing every resource available into the fight to hold the line. Oh yeh, it’s just a special military action and they are still wining, right?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Hypocrisy.

Show me where Russia states it is an existential struggle, throwing every resource available into the fight to hold the line. Oh yeh, it’s just a special military action and they are still wining, right?

I have to respectfully disagree that being the victim absconds you from the same criticism and censure levelled on the aggressor.

A few pages of posts ago I posted how Ukraine was training volunteers for a week before sending them off to fight in the east. They have improved and are training outside of the country now but since Russian mobilization the media has been blasting how two weeks of training for the Russian conscripts aren't enough. In the same vein the Russians are mocked for poorly arming and equipping these conscripts. An AP interview in Luhansk revealed fighters who had been entrenched in Luhansk since the beginning were given AK47s and RPGs. Even foreign fighters volunteering early summer said the new kit was reserved for the cities in the north. (in retrospect maybe it was for the counteroffensive)

Amnesty came out with a report last month citing that both sides are committing war crimes.

The prisoners who were indicted on sham trials after Mauripol and recently released is vindication. However, no one talks about the first Russian kid who was picked up outside the capital and tried on television by Ukrainian courts.

History is ultimately written by the victors but if the righteousness of a cause justifies any carte blanche action then we are headed down a very dark path.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Don’t be a Pimpy, Fwiffs.

Ukraine makes no secret of needing to conscript poorly trained 55 year old men in order to survive. Russian propaganda still claims they are winning with 20 year old happy volunteer led with the best of equipment.

Fwiffo

Supporter
On the contrary I am quite far from him on this subject. Mr. Smith's consistently obtuse logic became clouded by his personal life choices. He was the one who helped arrange his brother in law to escape and work in the EU to avoid the call up. Then after that he started calling Russians as Tolkiensque evil minions and creatures. At that I pointed I asked him what is the solution to all of it at the time of (and still continuing) boycott of Russian goods, sport, language, and culture.

I didn't get a response and it seemed only expulsion of all Russians on an asteroid rock into outer space was acceptable.

In the irreconcilable collision between the righteous cause of a survival of a nation versus might is right horrible things are happening to normal human beings. The Video at 1:54 shows the regular people near the borders of the conflict zone who don't care who is in charge. They just want peace. Those are the real people suffering.

But hey Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and others are going to be making record revenues. Qui bono.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Azovstal footage just release from a prisoner exchanged. Note Odal Rune Nazi tattoo on wounded guy’s chest.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
E9F613D4-B0DB-4587-9741-1C2B40200185.jpeg

Top Bottom