The way we used to live

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Here’s an EJ Holden that may not have seen much action:

1D64D5E2-409B-4A88-9D75-65F4AFE74ED7.jpeg

My EK was very similar to this inside. When I got a modern CD player and sound system installed, I had the head unit hidden inside the glovebox.

ballmouse

I remember my dad had a Lincoln with bench seats growing up. I also remember the pain was peeling off the hood so there was a very large pink spot. I'm surprised my mom didn't make him get it repainted.

It was probably something like this Lincoln Town Car.

1652231790179.png

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
I remember being taught how to balance a cheque book and having a booklet (I don't know what you call it) for my children's savings account.

Maintaining all that paperwork versus the actual money the bank made off of me back then must have been a poor return on investment.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face

Yes, a lot of houses started to get the arches in them during the 70's and early 80's. Fortunately that trend ended quickly. Remember that show Prisoner?...they always showed houses with arches inside their homes.

Guess what l saw yesterday on the road? One of these in mint condition.
Holden commodore 1.jpg

The thing is, most of these people are never the original owner. What l love the most are blokes who bought the car originally and still own it.

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
I live in a house full of gamers. My kids are at a coding camp this week, making mods for Roblox and Minecraft.

I’ll often watch them play while I read a book.
Get a PS5 on a giant OLED tv and then a story based game. It’s like playing a movie.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I'm completely confused how humanity before my generation(s) let strange cheese powder represent cheese.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
I'm completely confused how humanity before my generation(s) let strange cheese powder represent cheese.

It was seen as clever and new. Same went for powdered milk and t.v dinners. It was a sign of an advanced civilisation where prep time was zero.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
It was seen as clever and new. Same went for powdered milk and t.v dinners. It was a sign of an advanced civilisation where prep time was zero.
My grandmother felt so modern and cosmopolitan, offering guests a single-serve teabag or instant coffee. 😢

Fwiffo

Supporter
That sounds like a British thing. Instant coffee. I remember this consultant who had a degree from LSE still prefer it after moving to Canada. We were paying her so much she could afford far better.

That said that was also how my mother gave me Horlicks, Ovaltine and diluted Ribena for fruit juice.

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Barry White

See that ciggie in his hand - he was a 7 pack a day man - yes 7 packs - Ooh Baby
his wiki is nuts

Fwiffo

Supporter

Since we brought up post war estates in the other thread. It looks like nearly every unit has been ripped up and only a handful still have the original kitchen and/or bathroom.

Then again these were the residents wanting to be photographed so it skews towards people wanting to show off.

People own a lot of books. After my parents sold the family home I had to donate most of mine. I only have a dozen or so fiction and non fiction from my uni days.

(I was very bored last night so flipped through them on my iPad)

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy

Since we brought up post war estates in the other thread. It looks like nearly every unit has been ripped up and only a handful still have the original kitchen and/or bathroom.

Then again these were the residents wanting to be photographed so it skews towards people wanting to show off.
They've certainly all got suitably austere chairs and uncomfortable looking Ikea type settees.

This is brutal:

a1006-img.jpg

Top Bottom