The Wonderful World of Oz

prince nez

Supporter
Elizabeth-Debicki-768x544.jpg

Is she representative of women in Melbourne?

She looks more Sydney than Melbourne. This is a more accurate representation of the latter:

FTo087SXwAEgdzz

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
prince nez prince nez that is very insightful, and it makes a lot of sense.

50% of Australia is owned by the Aboriginals, but soon another 13% will be given to them making them own the majority of Australia.
Aboriginie owned Oz.png

Last edited:

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Bought this dvd set. All aussie school boys used to watch this as a kid in the 60's and 70's. I even bought the sheet music.

Watching one of the DVD's now during dinner.

Skippy.jpg

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I had the ‘audiobook’

902EE74C-9C90-4EE0-AD41-C3F6225DE521.jpeg

I wanted to be a helicopter pilot after watching Skippy.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Here is a funny old scene from Skippy.
See from 1:40 where the band plays in a cave.
See from 6:40 when the band plays the Skippy song.
Gotta love the 60's, such a bunch of trippers.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
I had the ‘audiobook’

View attachment 44756

I wanted to be a helicopter pilot after watching Skippy.

I don't know if you ever noticed, but as an eagle eyed kid the old Ranger Wagon started off without a phone, but in later episodes it has a phone on the dashboard (see 2nd pic).

Early episode = no phone
Skippy Falcon 1.jpg

Later episodes = phone on dashboard
Skippy Falcon.jpg

Eventhough it had a phone, no-one ever used it. They used the CB radio instead. The phone was an obvious prop, and even on bumps the phone never moved. But a phone in a car was always very impressive in those days, and l was always impressed with the aerials too. A proper men's car had big aerials in numerous places, it meant it was a serious car that meant business!

That old Ford is a fantastic car. Wish l owned it.

prince nez

Supporter
The vast majority agree Australia *should* be a republic. Just not the other blokes' version of it.

Personally I am a loyal monarchist, if only because it annoys people like Adam Bandt.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
^^^

I remember parking my car down the road at dusk. I turned around and saw about 100 kangaroos all looking at me from about 50 meters away. A number of them looked over 7 foot tall (huge).

The Ernesto

^^^

I remember parking my car down the road at dusk. I turned around and saw about 100 kangaroos all looking at me from about 50 meters away. A number of them looked over 7 foot tall (huge).

Found a gang of them in the front yard of a place I was staying in in the country once. They bounded past me and over the front hedge, was momentarily terrifying.

prince nez

Supporter
About 10 years ago, my then partner suggested we invest our money in a taxi licence. They were worth about $500,000 in those days.

She is now my ex-wife.

Top Bottom