The Wonderful World of Oz

E98B1F0E-2776-416B-93FD-B9783D3CCC75.jpeg

How did Australia get the delta variant? I thought they had a strict entry requirement and have been pretty vigilant about folks going outdoors.

How did Australia get the delta variant? I thought they had a strict entry requirement and have been pretty vigilant about folks going outdoors.

There was a brief period where international flights opened up a little bit for expats and family. That's all it took.

Yeah a Parliamentary committee tried hard to curtail that but the govt here is so reactionary and, well, dumb they couldn't help but behave like utter cnts as usual.

Australia has birds called magpies who have babies during the season of Spring. Have been swooped so many times lately from the birds. Had the worst attack ever tonight with numerous magpies swooping me along a 100 meter stretch.

This is what they do:

Gotta be careful too, they can peck the skull or peck your eyes out.

Last edited:
Here is a good video of magpie swoops.

They can peck your ears and draw blood from the neck. They can get very vicious.

>10 years living here, and this shit never ceases to make me smile:

A4D68C17-167E-4AA0-B0B8-53FDDFA558E6.jpeg

I miss USA tourists in Melbourne talking loudly on a crowed tram about their "Fanny Pack"

Even better one day - Collins street tram, crowded - standing room, USA tourist lady loudly offers someone her seat because " I'm sore from sitting all day and I'll stand and give my fanny a rest"

Americans are often shocked when they first eat bread that isn’t full of sugar and preservatives.

E65E07C7-9F62-424B-BA2E-56DC3EB5C9AA.jpeg

Americans are often shocked when they first eat bread that isn’t full of sugar and preservatives.

There have been several newspaper articles here about that.

People think it's hilarious - she probably bought a cheap loaf of Tip-Top brand white bread and thinks it's the best bread she's ever had. If that's the case, then the bread in the US must be truly appalling stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom