The Wonderful World of Oz

8x6mm? It didn’t fall off a truck, it fell out of someone’s pocket when they were feeling around for change.
It’s about as big as a watch battery. Allegedly it jiggled out of a high tech encasing. or it was snaffled for later use by some neo nazi Proud Boy cooker for later use.
A few heads will roll.

It’s about as big as a watch battery. Allegedly it jiggled out of a high tech encasing. or it was snaffled for later use by some neo nazi Proud Boy cooker for later use.
A few heads will roll.
It happens a lot here. Deactivated rad equipment gets loose in the wild. There is a unit in my department responsible for regulating all that stuff and it’s surprising how reluctant they are to coordinate with the FBI sometimes. Usually it is an honest snafu, but it wouldn’t be too hard for bad guys to get the material for a very very low-level dirty bomb. Using it is another matter - every cop has a passive detector on their equipment and we sweep congregate settings regularly.

Well I suppose it makes sense given how much of the stuff is out there.
Cop’s here are often called Yellow Canaries by hazmat folks. What surprised me is that the hospital systems are terrible at syndromic surveillance looking for clues a radioactive device is loose.

7C3ED629-34B0-4401-A870-A15DAB0F48C1.jpeg
91523DA5-8955-48D4-B2C5-00F85584C8F7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom