Things You Just Don't Get

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
I dunno what it's like there, but here, and I know in USA, companies make lines just for their factory outlets and the lower price point.

For my money I don't know why anyone would buy a bloody Barbour jacket at any price.

Lord Buckley

Ratings
they do the same shit here as well.
They also say that the RL outlet village stuff is not the same as that in the concessions in big apartment stores, or their own stores. I think not. It's the same, you won't get the Purple label stuff of course.

When the outlet phenomena first came to the UK, Timberland dumped all the stuff they couldn't sell in the USA onto the UK market. Awful, nasty stuff. So it goes on.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I'm crammed like a sardine with my eBay merchandise near the inter-train car doors here. New people getting on the train really think pushing past me heading towards the end of the train through my packed car is going to improve their situation?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
My direct report told me that he is having a baby soon. Why would you go have another baby after you complained to me for a raise because you didn't have enough money? What's more the baby is the opposite gender of the first one so some things can't be reused.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
My direct report told me that he is having a baby soon. Why would you go have another baby after you complained to me for a raise because you didn't have enough money? What's more the baby is the opposite gender of the first one so some things can't be reused.
The fact that you use "direct report" instead of one of my employees is one thing I don't get. Such a peculiar term.

But I do agree with you that I don't get why they couldn't have done a better job engineering the gender of their child-to-be to save on buying baby clothes.

Some people, eh?

Monkeyface

Monochromatic Clothing Troll
Supporter
Ratings
The fact that you use "direct report" instead of one of my employees is one thing I don't get. Such a peculiar term.

But I do agree with you that I don't get why they couldn't have done a better job engineering the gender of their child-to-be to save on buying baby clothes.

Some people, eh?
Is that really the only thing about fwiffers you don't get?

JNorm24

Ratings
Talking to your boss about money is stupid, except during an annual performance review. I don't understand people who complain about pay when they just got the job. I am saying to myself, you just had the change to negotiate! This is one of many things that I just don't get.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Yeah - I heard someone on the crowded tram last night yapping away on their phone - "He has 5 direct reports" - wtf does that even mean. As compared to indirect reports? What is a report? Do they mean " I am responsible for the output, quality and hiring and firing of a team of 5" - or do they mean something else?

I suspect - based on seeing some millennials I know who use the terms - what it means is " I have a vague power relationship with 5 people - who I call my direct reports - this allows me to faff around and call meaningless meetings about SFA whenever I feel like and lord it over them but in reality - I don't have responsibility for what they do, I don't hire or fire them and I don't choose our targets or anything much at all"

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Why would you complain about a raise because you needed more money? We all need more money.
You are paid to do a job - you are paid what the job is worth - not what you are worth.
You are paid to do the job well.
If you don't do it well you are cautioned.
Maybe even fired.
Or at least given a job more in line with your capabilities.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
What's more the baby is the opposite gender of the first one so some things can't be reused.
I'm guessing you haven't had a lot of babies.

I'm curious as to what exactly you think cannot be reused for a baby of either gender?

Lord Buckley

Ratings
The annual peak in car crashes at the end of the school summer holidays. Every year it's the same. The first week back and at least 3 days of the week there are queues due to crashes of commuter traffic during the after work rush hour on the Rotterdam, Utrecht or Amsterdam highways. Without fail.

You would think people would be able to maintain driving skills after a short break.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
As compared to indirect reports? What is a report?
People who are reporting to me. People who report to people who report to me are skip level reports or skips.

I'm guessing you haven't had a lot of babies.

I'm curious as to what exactly you think cannot be reused for a baby of either gender?
Pink and blue garments. Barbie dolls and the male equivalent.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Man fwiffo you are firmly back in the conservative end of the 1950s when it comes to gender and dressing kids. It's 2017 over here.

Lord Buckley

Ratings
As we all should know pink can be a masculine colour and blue feminine. It all depends how you use it, cut and who is wearing it.

I notice that T&A always have some seasonal shirts with pink in them that they market as being ''softened by the feminine pink'' which always are available in abundance at the sales. Idiotic marketing clearly.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
My date asked me to throw out my cologne as it is the same brand her ex wore. Why am I paying for the sins of some other bloke? It's a pretty big bottle I got as part of my mother's duty free escapades.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
My date asked me to throw out my cologne as it is the same brand her ex wore. Why am I paying for the sins of some other bloke? It's a pretty big bottle I got as part of my mother's duty free escapades.
was that before or after she bought you a new bottle of one she did like on you?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
was that before or after she bought you a new bottle of one she did like on you?
She said I have to agree to throw out the old one and she will buy an appropriate one. I rather like my chanel bleu. I've always wore D&G (again another girlfriend) but finally used all of it.

Monkeyface

Supporter
Ratings
She said I have to agree to throw out the old one and she will buy an appropriate one. I rather like my chanel bleu. I've always wore D&G (again another girlfriend) but finally used all of it.
Just put it in the back of the cupboard and use it again when you stop seeing her.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Just put it in the back of the cupboard and use it again when you stop seeing her.
this. and get her to buy you something top shelf, not this department store crap.

Scherensammler

Ratings

If you give in, you are a wimp who doesn't really deserve her.
If you don't, she'll be miffed because she couldn't have her way.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
This could get quite complicated if another one of my lady friends has a preference for a different scent.

Anyway - the cologne isn't the issue so much as I don't know why I'm paying for her ex's actions. It could have been the colour of my socks for all I know.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
This could get quite complicated if another one of my lady friends has a preference for a different scent.
i can only see the upside here with you greatly expanding your premium fragrance collection.
Anyway - the cologne isn't the issue so much as I don't know why I'm paying for her ex's actions. It could have been the colour of my socks for all I know.
hey, if she wants to buy you shit to make herself happy, why stop her?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
This bloke has a tweed jacket on. I know it's 21c high and probably 14c now in the morning, but honestly what will you wear when it's below freezing? NASA space suit? It's August!

Lord Buckley

Ratings
This bloke has a tweed jacket on. I know it's 21c high and probably 14c now in the morning, but honestly what will you wear when it's below freezing? NASA space suit? It's August!
One of my old company's had a sales manager like that, he was a youngish chap at the time, and he would turn up in some tropical location or the Middle East in his grey tweed jacket and it would be like 45C. I often wondered if it was his lucky jacket, as he never seemed to take it off.

Thruth

Ratings
Was it real or faux tweed? Chances are it was no more than 12/13 ounces. Rare to find heavy RTW tweed in Canada.

He will don the Canada Goose when the temp drops to 0C like all good Torontonians

Monkeyface

Supporter
Ratings
Apartments that include valet parking. Do you still have to tip the guys every time if you live there? If so, how much? Do they destroy your car if you don't?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
People dressing like sci-fi or comic book characters for a convention. Why are people so uncomfortable with being themselves that they must aspire to some comical satire?

Thruth

Ratings
People dressing like sci-fi or comic book characters for a convention. Why are people so uncomfortable with being themselves that they must aspire to some comical satire?
They are unmarried but don't drink hard, don't eat out daily or play golf.

They also don't have direct reports.

Much time on their hands become cartoon characters

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
They are unmarried but don't drink hard, don't eat out daily or play golf.

They also don't have direct reports.

Much time on their hands become cartoon characters
I was more trying to point out their insecurity.

On the street where the convention centre was, the establishment with the most patrons was Subway. Not even the pita place, the one step above Domino's pizza place, or the Israeli owned coffee chain. It was Subway. I doubt they have money to do much more than keep their costume up to date.

Thruth

Ratings

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Are you aware of the double irony of asking this rhetorical question on a Mens Clothing Forum that spends a lot of time discussing other mens clothing forums.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Are you aware of the double irony of asking this rhetorical question on a Mens Clothing Forum that spends a lot of time discussing other mens clothing forums.
I'm capable of double irony?! I'm sophisticated! Hurrah!

Top Bottom