This Week In Science & Technology

How things have slipped clothing wise. Heres the Mercury 7 mob:

Mercury_Seven.jpg

Save for the dude on the right.

I've been on about this for years. All these yoga wankers with bottles of water glued to their hands.You're going to get thirsty before you die of dehydration, dumbfucks.
One of my pet rants. I have hippies telling me that I need to drink 6 or 8 or something litres of water a day. Bullshit. Telling me drinking coffee dehydrates you as its a diuretic. Bullshit. You will get plenty of water through vegetables, milk, coffee even beer. No need to carry a plastic bottle of water everywhere. in the office.

No one "accidentally" dies from dehydration

One of my pet rants. I have hippies telling me that I need to drink 6 or 8 or something litres of water a day. Bullshit. Telling me drinking coffee dehydrates you as its a diuretic. Bullshit. You will get plenty of water through vegetables, milk, coffee even beer. No need to carry a plastic bottle of water everywhere. in the office.

No one "accidentally" dies from dehydration

It was like one day people took a quick drink from a fountain, then the very next day these giant polycarbonate monster bottles were everywhere, and yes, this numbnuttery then penetrated the office. I mean, lazy fucks sitting at a desk all day need to stay hydrated??

I've had people bring bottles of water into and interview a sip on it. WTF?

It was like one day people took a quick drink from a fountain, then the very next day these giant polycarbonate monster bottles were everywhere, and yes, this numbnuttery then penetrated the office. I mean, lazy fucks sitting at a desk all day need to stay hydrated??

A great deal of it is owed to women and weight loss. These fatty storefronts that give you pills to put you on the slimming pathway push the hydration aspect.

A great deal of it is owed to women and weight loss. These fatty storefronts that give you pills to put you on the slimming pathway push the hydration aspect.

At some point, maybe. But it's so pervasive not that it's transcended any label into a common fantasy. The bottled water industry is behind it, and they have really succeeded.

At some point, maybe. But it's so pervasive not that it's transcended any label into a common fantasy. The bottled water industry is behind it, and they have really succeeded.

Certainly they have a huge role to play in it. They recognized the generational shift in people not wanting to drink out of water fountains anymore. People are willing to pay for tap water

Certainly they have a huge role to play in it. They recognized the generational shift in people not wanting to drink out of water fountains anymore. People are willing to pay for tap water

They sold everyone the false idea that tap water was dirty and not for drinking. And water fountains are tap water. I don't see a generational shift as much as a marketing campaign.

They sold everyone the false idea that tap water was dirty and not for drinking. And water fountains are tap water. I don't see a generational shift as much as a marketing campaign.

A big shift was on college campuses where students petitioned to remove fountains in favour of bottled water

A big shift was on college campuses where students petitioned to remove fountains in favour of bottled water

I have no evidence, but I can take a wild guess who funded it. And if not directly, the enormous marketing campaign for bottled water influenced it.

Funnily - the bottled water craze is widespread in Melbourne where people - mainly young, female, and healthy - fear that if they go more than 5 minutes without water - being "hydrated" - their health will suffer.

This in a place where the drinking water from the tap is - largely - free - and one of the sweetest and most uncontaminated in the world.

IN fact much of the local bottled water is just water in plastic bottles filled from the tap.

I feel the same way when interviewers want to talk all morning and not bother about bathroom or water breaks.

Decorum and politeness are dead. That's why we have bottled water.

Are you reporting state secrets?

No. But I believe in privacy. And since we can't get any with other mail services, an encrypted inbox solves the problem.

You must be one of these guys that says who cares if you're not doing anything wrong.

No. But I believe in privacy. And since we can't get any with other mail services, an encrypted inbox solves the problem.

You must be one of these guys that says who cares if you're not doing anything wrong.
No I care. But encryption is a two way street - both parties need to be using it. If not then it's pointless. Asking every other person to use encryption for daily emails is impossible.

No I care. But encryption is a two way street - both parties need to be using it. If not then it's pointless. Asking every other person to use encryption for daily emails is impossible.

Not true. The emails you send are exposed, but that becomes your choice. Your inbox is encrypted. If it's important enough, you send email to folks that share your wish for encryption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom