Today, In Awesome

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
This is awesome:

Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield has spent the past five months as the commander of Expedition 35 aboard the International Space Station. While in space, he's made sandwiches, washed his hands, and wrung water from a wet towel. But on Sunday afternoon, Hadfield provided the internet with his most amazing video yet: a cover of David Bowie's 1969 classic, “Space Oddity.”

How awesome would be to look at the earth like that.

Chris This has your name all over it:

o-CHEESE-GRATER-BUSINESS-CARD-570.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/cheese-grater-business-card_n_3281108.html

This guy:
http://gawker.com/lotto-winner-leaves-10-000-tip-for-diner-owner-with-si-640433565
Lotto Winner Leaves $10,000 Tip for Diner Owner With Sick Daughter

Just over a week ago, the owner of a Canadian diner struck up a conversation with a customer, and eventually their talk turned to news about the owner's daughter, who had just been diagnosed with cancer. A few days later, the same customer returned to the diner, again chatted with the owner, and then paid for his meal with a $10,000 check.
During their first meeting, Cliff Luther, the owner of the Saskatchewan diner, took notice of Bob Erb's Legalize Marijuana pin. Luther asked about it and soon discovered that the appropriately-named Erb is a pot activist.
“He was telling me how he thinks legalizing marijuana is the way to go, you know, which was interesting,” Luther told the Ottawa Citizen. “One thing came to another, and he’s from B.C. and I was telling him how my 25-year-old daughter is out there right now and has just been diagnosed with cancer.”
For Erb, Luther's story hit close to home; his own son died four years ago after a battle with cancer, at the age of 26. “He was emotional about it, just as any parent would be in that kind of situation,” Erb said, adding that Luther “was just looking to talk and learn about things from another perspective.”
Several days later, Erb, who won $25 million in the lottery last fall, returned to the diner and ordered a burger and fries. When he was finished eating, he asked Luther for a pen.
“He asked for a pen and said: ‘Here, you can just take the bill out of that,’” Luther said. "It was a check for $10,000. He just kind of said ‘If you need to get out there quickly, this will help you.’”
Luther hasn't cashed the check yet, but says he will soon. “It certainly lightens the load for us,” he said. “There are just some really caring people out there.”

^ America sucks now. Great post Rambo.

Look at the face on that asshole cop. He knows he can do whatever he wants. Police are worthless shit.

Lefty president is an asshole for letting people spy on us.

Righty supreme court grinding away at our civil liberties.

Hey, just grab a lick of paint on those white picket fences. Until it happens to you.

^ Will you marry me? Note: I backslap if you talk over me. This said, Texas can :fuckyou:

This California congressman, who used to be an English teacher, marked up the letter that Republicans sent in to John Boehner on the immigration reform bill:
Teacher-Lawmaker Schools Republicans Who Oppose Immigration Bill

A Democratic congressman from California who spent 23 years teaching British literature decided to go old school on Republican lawmakers who oppose the comprehensive immigration reform bill — by grading a letter they wrote to House Speaker John Boehner expressing their position on the matter.
ku-medium.jpg

Mark Takano, who incidentally is the first non-white openly gay member of Congress and whose parents spent time in a "War Relocation Camp" during WWII, took issue with the draft letter that's been circulating in Congress, and decided to treat it as he would any poorly thought-out essay handed in by an underperforming student, complete with remarks made with the dreaded red pen.
"I thought I'd offer my edits to the author before they submitted their final version," Takano wrote on his Tumblr blog, where he posted the graded paper. "Still not signing it."
The letter, co-signed by 21 Republicans so far, was penned by Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-LA), whose office had this to say about Takano's F:
This embodies everything that is wrong with Washington — rank partisanship and pettiness while posturing oneself as above the fray and superior.​
Which demands yet another red remark: Are you referring to Takano or to yourself?

original.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom