Today, In Awesome

Kid's stupid for talking to a politician! And Bush didn't create ISIS, the CIA did ffs.

Kid's stupid for talking to a politician! And Bush didn't create ISIS, the CIA did ffs.

She meant Bush laid the foundations for it to develop thru phony wars. The brother looks like a southern lazy boy mirror of his dad.

Why that vid cutout early makes no sense. Just like the name Jeb. What the fuck is it with these first names.... Mitt, Rand, Dick, Newt, Steny, Orrin, even a dude named Angus in the senate.

Just like the name Jeb. What the fuck is it with these first names.... Mitt, Rand, Dick, Newt, Steny, Orrin, even a dude named Angus in the senate.
That inbred idiot John Ellis Bush, or his drunken pals, somehow got the idea that his monogram was his actual name. I'm fine with legitimate antiquarian names. The cornball nicknames are smarmy. If you're a plutocrat, please go by your quasi-arisotractic given name and avoid using folksy names in an attempt to appear more like some slackjaw working at a tire shop.

That inbred idiot John Ellis Bush, or his drunken pals, somehow got the idea that his monogram was his actual name. I'm fine with legitimate antiquarian names. The cornball nicknames are smarmy. If you're a plutocrat, please go by your quasi-arisotractic given name and avoid using folksy names in an attempt to appear more like some slackjaw working at a tire shop.

Interesting. Elite as a the portrait of a folksy family man.

Is it not the old fraternity, country club way where everyone has a nickname?

This should go in the elite threak, but I do believe that yes, any child of privilege somehow got a ridiculous nickname by the time they left prep school. Using that as an internal secret shibboleth is fine. My guess is that, guilelessly or not, the upper crust wants to blur the obvious gulf between them and the common man via informal address. Winky is your pal, but Chairman Roderick Van Wittington III is that rich turd.

True, but isn't America a place that prides itself on its formality as a matter of course so diminutives are more endearing? Throw in the South too Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton not James Earl and William Jefferson.

The UK Has a history of military men and others from the elite having ponderous names but with a nickname thrown in to boot?

Air Marshall Evelyn Francis "Ripper" Saint-John Smith

This should go in the elite threak, but I do believe that yes, any child of privilege somehow got a ridiculous nickname by the time they left prep school. Using that as an internal secret shibboleth is fine. My guess is that, guilelessly or not, the upper crust wants to blur the obvious gulf between them and the common man via informal address. Winky is your pal, but Chairman Roderick Van Wittington III is that rich turd.

Not substantive enough for the elite thread. The elite want to distract us with their homo-erotic nicknames. Take Thruth... Ripper St John. Religious cocksman. Watch your sons.

We should probably come up with some of these for ourselves come to think of it. Butt a bit more provincial. You'll be "Roadhouse Russel"... so everyone hears that and things that you can't predict what a good time will look like with this guy.

Finnish clerk using pepper spray to detain shoplifter.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

NY to LA. 26 Hours. 28 Minutes. With A GT-R-Powered, Dual-Control Infiniti Q50. - The Truth About Cars
I'm still reading this, but the latest Cannonball Run car has two functioning steering wheels and foot controls, a bevy of law-enforcement detection devices, and a friggin smokescreen.
NY to LA. 26 Hours. 28 Minutes. With A GT-R-Powered, Dual-Control Infiniti Q50. - The Truth About Cars

Russell, that was an April Fool's joke, designed to illustrate the foolishness of trying to drive across the continental US at ever-higher speeds.

If I Drove It: 26:28 And The End Of Automotive Journalism - The Truth About Cars

Water cannons may have a bad name from their last popular usage, but they remain a fantastic non-lethal form of crowd and riot control, as in this case where demonstators warned to clear the area did not comply.
Yes, they came out about the Cannonball run hoax, but it was an awesome hoax.

Rather insane, but awesome nonetheless.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Oh these fruity white knights of the internets. An old lion gets spared an even more painful death, a crummy place gets some money, and a lackluster hunter gets to score a lion. It's win all around. But fruity nerds in their mom's basement.

If internet fuckery is awesome, this is clearly more awesome.
People We Wish Were Still Alive

An old lion gets spared an even more painful death,
What "painful" death?
a crummy place gets some money
You mean the bribes he paid to the locals? That's helping the reserve?
It's win all around
No, especially now that the lion's cubs will be slaughtered when the new male takes charge of the pack.
what is this fucking shit?

Oh these fruity white knights of the internets. An old lion gets spared an even more painful death, a crummy place gets some money, and a lackluster hunter gets to score a lion. It's win all around. But fruity nerds in their mom's basement.

The lion was part of a research study and was well know in Eco & tourism circles. Because the fuckwad American dentist like to kill special animals, the sleazeball local rancher and guide figured they could accommodate his wishes with Cecil the lion.

On to more awesome things, the milkyway photographed over Yellowstone National Park

The Milky Way Over Yellowstone is Impossibly Beautiful

1360742976862394725.jpg

1360742976959888997.jpg

1360742977013924965.jpg

Lately it has been impossible to get a lift to the 20th floor in my office. Lifts will appear going up but never going down. Yesterday, after waiting what must be in excess of ten minutes in the lobby, a lift going down finally showed up. The three other men waiting looked as confused as I was. There is a toilet sitting on a dolly in the middle of the lift. We hesitated and debated our need to go down for lunch against our sense of dignity and opted to put dignity aside to get to the ground floor. During the ride down, one of the men asked whether the toilet was used or new. When the doors finally opened, we left the toilet in the lift for the next group of people. I should have taken a picture of four men in business wear looking curiously at the toilet but trying to maintain a distance so we aren't contaminated by it.

I saw this one on BBC. If I recall correctly, it was just a bottle of Remy Martin XO - the ones that were $99 a few years back when I commuted to Atlanta in duty free.

Why anyone would subject their liver for that level of product is beyond me. But then again, this is China.

Pictures show how polar bears have besieged a team of Arctic meteorologists working in a remote corner of Russia.

The team has been unable to take daily sea readings after fights broke out over food between the bears who settled near the Fyodorov weather station, on Vaygach island in Russia's far north.

The team failed to scare the bears off with flares and have no other weapons.

The Russian government has pledged help, the WWF conservation group says.

Polar bears in Russia live all along the Arctic coast from Murmansk in the west to Chukotka in the east.

I saw this one on BBC. If I recall correctly, it was just a bottle of Remy Martin XO - the ones that were $99 a few years back when I commuted to Atlanta in duty free.

Why anyone would subject their liver for that level of product is beyond me. But then again, this is China.
Fwiffo. Did the irony OF YOU u saying that amuse you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom